• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

NehruvianDOOM is pretty disappointing. and 28 min of music is not an album. Should have just made it a instrumental ep.

codhand

NehruvianDOOM is pretty disappointing. and 28 min of music is not an album. Should have just made it a instrumental ep.

Crying-Baby.gif

codhand

PHILLY STAND UP WHUT!

sorry force of habit

yo nehrudoom aint bad, it seems solid.

i would lower expectations now, and you should be good.

Man please that changed everything. Dre just saw apple pay how much up front for an exclusive U2 album?

Dre is definitely going to be on some "hey you want an album for that new Itunes/iPhone 7/Iwatch/beats right?" Give me Stock options and about 50 million.

Shit them scrapping the detox name to makes sense, it's become a running joke for vaporware amongst hip hop heads. If they were going to do a new album it needs a new name.

First thing I thought about Dre will definitely do something of that effect now that he's a apple
employee.

4 tracks in and I was just glad there were no unused herbs on it.

Then Darkness came on.

Godamnit man, those unreleased beats arent bad at all but you've had more than enough time to cook up some new shit.

*Hold the fuck up

"Great Things" uses the exact same beat as Outta Control by John Robinson

It's one thing to use old unused beats....this nigga is recycling beats that were new at the time of their release?

I really hate to say it but it might be time to file them papers on Doom

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
MF Doom in 2014...I just can't bring myself to care. If I was still 19 and this was 2005 things would be different, though.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anyone giving DOOM the time of day in 2014 deserves what's coming to them. Dude basically shoved himself off the cliff and he's just in an infinite free fall.

overcast

I introduced my friend to Childish Gambino/J. Cole like 3 years ago, now they're two of his favorite rappers. Am I a bad person?

I had a feeling the NehruDOOM album would be a cash grab when I saw the tracklisting. 9 songs, each 2-4 minutes in length, in 2014. The first single is great though...

I'll check it out today I guess. I'd imagine Nehru was just glad to do something with DOOM but if I was him I would have tried to do something grander. Full album, at least 14-15 tracks, throw some interludes in there, skits, etc.

Esch

Banned
I got what you were saying and agreed. Feels like people are being willfully obtuse in denying it.

Going to give Aphex, Nehruvian, and Shiva listens today.

His thread title damned him. If he had said something like, "beatings are commonplace in african american child-rearing" or something like that

hitting your 4 yo with a switch is foul shit though. i disagree with HRD on that alone.

thabiz

His thread title damned him. If he had said something like, "beatings are commonplace in african american child-rearing" or something like that

hitting your 4 yo with a switch is foul shit though. i disagree with HRD on that alone.
You don't hit 4 year olds. That's not parenting.

Esch

Banned
You don't hit 4 year olds. That's not parenting.

He didn't say it wasn't wrong, he said he can't see AP as a villain because of how culturally ignorant black parents (supposedly) are on the subject. Fair enough, but I still see that as wack. I think I might have started getting smacked when I was 5 or 6? and suffice to say it didn't improve my behavior.

But then again my parents are immigrants, so. That ignorance is double.

He didn't say it wasn't wrong, he said he can't see AP as a villain because of how culturally ignorant black parents (supposedly) are on the subject. Fair enough, but I still see that as wack. I think I might have started getting smacked when I was 5 or 6? and suffice to say it didn't improve my behavior.

But then again my parents are immigrants, so. That ignorance is double.

tbh even though I know what AP did was wrong, and even though I know it was severe child abuse...there's a part of me that sees it and feels it's not a big deal. That mentality in me is: I got hit worse, I turned out fine, it sucks, but in some way maybe it helped. Even worse, that it might toughen him up. A surprisingly large part of me actually. And while I know it's wrong, illogical, and is a straight up toxic way to view the situation (and the world) I can't shake that feeling from creeping up in the back of my head. I won't say it most places or try to defend him at all because he doesn't deserve it. But I 100% can see how AP would end up making the same mistakes as his parents.

The cycle of abuse is tough.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Debating whether or not to just wait for the album to get the total experience.

I've been sorta trying the same thing...but Coronus came up on soundcloud and I couldn't resist. No regrets, it's glorious. FlyLo could be a AOTY contender for this year, fo sure.

overcast

I've been sorta trying the same thing...but Coronus came up on soundcloud and I couldn't resist. No regrets, it's glorious. FlyLo could be a AOTY contender for this year, fo sure.
Hopefully it's a step up from Until the Quiet Comes. That album left my playlist pretty quickly, not interesting comparatively to his other work.

Jay Electronica will be at the BET Awards. Odds on him stopping his performance halfway through to ramble some nonsense at the crowd and look awkward?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hopefully it's a step up from Until the Quiet Comes. That album left my playlist pretty quickly, not interesting comparatively to his other work.

I actually really liked UTQC. I felt like it was more mature and understated (in a good way) compared to his past work. Less cosmic, more grounded on earth. Don't get me wrong, I love cosmic shit, but he's already done that and UTQC added a new dimension to his catalog. I don't think I'd say it's his best work but the album is chill as fuck and flows nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom