• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Flying Lotus, I loved Los Angeles. Camel, Comet Course, Golden Diva, and GNG BNG were the standouts off top. Definitely going back to this one soon.

studyguy

This is exactly another example of these rich dudes coming up in the biz on account of their money before skill. I mean if I'm putting down 50 grand a year for a dude to roll up my shit then I expect quality breh

139645257623_AM.png

As dope as Jay Elec is, I've given up on him. If he drops an album, he drops an album. If not, fuck it.

Really doesn't help that the Killah Priest double album that dropped last year sounds pretty much like the Jay Elec album we should have by now.

CRS

This is exactly another example of these rich dudes coming up in the biz on account of their money before skill. I mean if I'm putting down 50 grand a year for a dude to roll up my shit then I expect quality breh

What a waste of fucking weed.

Ugh.

thabiz

my world exclusive NehruvianDOOM review.

1. Intro - props to the aliens sample. dope.
2. Om - shit.
3. Mean the Most - is that a flow bishop?
4. So Alone - is that a flow bishop?
5. Coming for You - shit.
6. Darkness - dope.
7. Caskets - dope.
8. Great Things - shit.
9. Disastrous - such a fitting title.

IrishNinja

NehruvianDOOM is pretty disappointing. and 28 min of music is not an album. Should have just made it a instrumental ep.

That 03-06 run really burned dude out. This is ridiculous

...damn. just as expected then, sadly

speaking of flabby MC's:

Jay Electronica will be at the BET Awards. Odds on him stopping his performance halfway through to ramble some nonsense at the crowd and look awkward?

sooper high i'd venture

there will be masses of people on twitter defending him & saying he's too real immediately after

my world exclusive NehruvianDOOM review.

1. Intro - props to the aliens sample. dope.
2. Om - shit.
3. Mean the Most - is that a flow bishop?
4. So Alone - is that a flow bishop?
5. Coming for You - shit.
6. Darkness - dope.
7. Caskets - dope.
8. Great Things - shit.
9. Disastrous - such a fitting title.

What? That's the one track I've heard and it's dope.

codhand

Damn, harsh biz. Listened twice and have no major beef with it, just a tad short and lacking in ambition. I'm with PD on OM, track is nice.

Also props for the subject matter Nehru deals with, which is kind of refreshing.

Getting hype for Doom is not anywhere near the same as getting hype for Jay Electronica who has never released an album.

Zabuza

Banned
Damn, people on Twitter out here really believing that fake news article about Kanye scoring 106 points against a wheelchair basketball team. Dumb fucks.

thabiz

Damn, harsh biz. Listened twice and have no major beef with it, just a tad short and lacking in ambition. I'm with PD on OM, track is nice.

Also props for the subject matter Nehru deals with, which is kind of refreshing.

Getting hype for Doom is not anywhere near the same as getting hype for Jay Electronica who has never released an album.

sorry man. i had high hopes for bishop, but he's easily the worst thing on the record. DOOM was done long ago, but he had some dope beats here and there. This record is amateur hour. its terrible. its a mess. i doubt they spent a single day in the studio together. biggest disappointment of the year so far.

codhand

sorry man. i had high hopes for bishop, but he's easily the worst thing on the record. DOOM was done long ago, but he had some dope beats here and there. This record is amateur hour. its terrible. its a mess. i doubt they spent a single day in the studio together. biggest disappointment of the year so far.

No need to apologize, i understand expecting better. Im content with it. Shifting hype phasons to RTJ and Black Milk....

J10

Banned
Damn, people on Twitter out here really believing that fake news article about Kanye scoring 106 points against a wheelchair basketball team. Dumb fucks.

Your post is the first I'm hearing of it, and even though you're implying it's blatantly false, I still believe it.

Nehru's biggest problem is that his delivery rarely sounds natural, he sounds like he's reading his lyrics. Same problem that Joey Badass has. I felt Nehru was ahead of Badass after his last project (Nehruvia) but eh...dunno now.

halfway through the album. man that love that (Mean The Most) is trash...

beats are dope so far

edit: Darkness is dope

Man listen to Caskets on this album. Nehru sounds so effortless with the flow, and confident. Yet on most of the previous tracks he sounds like some dude reading lyrics. Maybe DOOM should have been on every track, perhaps that would have woken him up.

edit: FUCK the interlude on Caskets is godly. Why can't someone rap over that omg

cacophony

i fucked with her last album but something about her voice is weird to me. like she has zero range and her vocals just start to blend together after a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom