• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Damn Backseat Freestyle is one of my go to pump up songs at the gym, fucking love it (on a side note, do you know some songs w/ beats like maad city, backseat freestyle, black skinhead, etc.?)

Really excited for tomorrow, hope it's good
Listen to deniro ferrars last ep

IrishNinja

Damn Backseat Freestyle is one of my go to pump up songs at the gym, fucking love it (on a side note, do you know some songs w/ beats like maad city, backseat freestyle, black skinhead, etc.?)

plenty, but when all else fails, you cannot go wrong with classic gym shit like DMX, meth & red blackout!, etc

studyguy

The fuck is this 5 am bullshit I don't even wake up till 6:30am for work. What kind of dude is up at 5am, let alone listening to fucking power 106 at 5am.

Also fucking jay rock real fucking soon right? Any day now right lol

Trey

Really excited for tomorrow, hope it's good

Mercy.

overcast

To Pickles,

"I hope you come back and learn from your mistakes, and come back a man. And tell your story to these black, brown, Albanian, Irish kids in GAF-Hop"

They crazy with that 4:50am shit lot, why couldn't they be normal and just put that shit up at 12am EST on iTunes. Instead of having it drop when everybody is asleep.

Imma be up waiting tho, don't get it twisted

Booshka

They crazy with that 4:50am shit lot, why couldn't they be normal and just put that shit up at 12am EST on iTunes. Instead of having it drop when everybody is asleep.

Imma be up waiting tho, don't get it twisted

I'm sure they will play it over and over and over all morning long. Starting at 5 am just gives them ratings pull from 5-9 AM consistently through all 4 hours of the morning drive time.

That's my guess though, seems like the way Terrestrial radio would structure a hot new release to get that precious ad revenue at the best time slot.

Yo Gaf HOP. I need help ID-ing a song....

I was bit nostalgic today and was listening to some to some stuff on my harddrive and back in the late 90s (best era obviously) there was this one underground track that sampled the transformers. I could have sworn it a was a company flow track but It doesn't seem so....

does anyone remember the song?

it was released around the time army of the pharoahs and company flow, etc was poppin.

lol stahp
So6xLkw.png

Trolling aside, even 'm tired of this narrative. Jay released Vol.1 when expectations were super high for him off the death of Biggie. Dope album, but definitely not a classic or even super hot in the streets. Did that destroy his career?

No. So let that boy cook. We all know the truth already anyway; he's not really a singles/hits artist like that. So why set expectations for him to be.

Re-write history brehs. The stakes weren't very high for Vol 1 considering Reasonable Doubt wasn't even a big record. Came out the same year as It Was Written and The Score and went under the radar.

A better example for Kendrick is It Was Written. There was way more pressure and hype on Nas despite Illmatic not selling as well as Reasonable Doubt. The follow up was a huge success commercially, but so what mixed critically before gaining more respect in hindsight.

I'm going to assume Kendrick will release a successful album that doesn't march GKMC critically.

Cheddahz

Banned
My first impressions are that it sounds like a beat that Nas didn't put in the Recycle Bin, but should had put in the recycle bin and the "chipmunk" voice that Kendrick goes with on the song just really bugs me

I don't know, I don't think I would had released it as a single (and honestly, it really sounds like a throwaway track) and I don't think the "king" is back yet (but then again, I only really liked one or two singles off of GKMC, so who knows)

I just don't like the song

My first gut reaction was that it started sounding like The Love Below.

Listened to it twice and can't really remember any of it. Nothing offensively bad either so meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom