• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Predictions for tomorrow?

- PD will like the Kendrick song
- peter will backhand compliment it
- CountBlackule will run out of lube
- KTT will crash
- Someone in the OT thread will pull the Em card
- TDE will also release Jay Rock's single tomorrow, on some gangbanging haiku shit
- Some other dumbass rapper will release their single tomorrow and it will never gain traction
- Papoose freestyle before 9/24

Count ran out of lube whenever we posted that one song from that soundtrack that sounded terrible

- KTT will crash
- TDE will also release Jay Rock's single tomorrow, on some gangbanging haiku shit
- Some other dumbass rapper will release their single tomorrow and it will never gain traction

giphy.gif

edit: Snuggles i already told you who is the true king earlier on another thread.

Esch

Banned
I'm telling yall, the hype is gonna crush him unless he drops a Supreme Clientele level sophomore.

lol stahp
So6xLkw.png

Trolling aside, even 'm tired of this narrative. Jay released Vol.1 when expectations were super high for him off the death of Biggie. Dope album, but definitely not a classic or even super hot in the streets. Did that destroy his career?

No. So let that boy cook. We all know the truth already anyway; he's not really a singles/hits artist like that. So why set expectations for him to be.

lol stahp
So6xLkw.png

Trolling aside, even 'm tired of this narrative. Jay released Vol.1 when expectations were super high for him off the death of Biggie. Dope album, but definitely not a classic or even super hot in the streets. Did that destroy his career?

No. So let that boy cook. We all know the truth already anyway; he's not really a singles/hits artist like that. So why set expectations for him to be.

Yeah, but its 2014 though. Folks patience and tolerance are low, especially on the internet in the age of instant-everything. We can joke about how the slightest thing can ruin the song tomorrow or even his whole career but you better believe there are a whole heap of people out there who actually believe that and will toss him in the bushes like it's nothing. The current output of TDE as a whole (or at least the ones that "matter") really isn't helping either.

It might not and probably won't go down like that but all I'm saying is don't be surprised if it does. I personally try to keep my expectations in check because you just don't know until you actually get it.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
so this new Kendrick joint is gonna drop at 8 A.M., huh?
totally gonna set my alarm

Esch

Banned
Yeah, but its 2014 though. Folks patience and tolerance are low, especially on the internet in the age of instant-everything. We can joke about how the slightest thing can ruin the song tomorrow or even his whole career but you better believe there are a whole heap of people out there who actually believe that and will toss him in the bushes like it's nothing. The current output of TDE as a whole (or at least the ones that "matter") really isn't helping either.

It might not and probably won't go down like that but all I'm saying is don't be surprised if it does. I personally try to keep my expectations in check because you just don't know until you actually get it.

meh, people thought cole was a flop after sideline story and he's 100% fine. and cole really ain't fit to smell kendrick's farts.

either way i dont really care about kendrick's pop perception. infact i'd rather he eventually move underground because i can see that his crossover attempts aren't too hot, like a couple other beloved rappers i can name.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Yeah, I think the sophomore slump is actually worse today.

If your 2nd album didn't meet expectations before, you were probably having the last supper of your career on a gold plaque.

Anyways, tomorrow is gonna be a shitstorm of extreme opinions and I look forward to contributing to that. I just hope he doesn't pull some shock value shit and have to see memes for another week.

meh, people thought cole was a flop after sideline story and he's 100% fine. and cole really ain't fit to smell kendrick's farts.

either way i dont really care about kendrick's pop perception. infact i'd rather he eventually move underground because i can see that his crossover attempts aren't too hot, like a couple other beloved rappers i can name.

Speaking of farts, "You might think that you the shit, but you can't out-fart me" will forever be a contender in the WOAT lines in hiphop. I guess Cole is alright though, never cared about him too much.

A more underground Kendrick would be something to see though

- KTT will crash
Ayyyy I didn't post my official Gaf Hope predictions yet

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The next GAF-Hop OT needs to be as sleek and funny as Pop-GAF's latest. There should be even more clowning/shade, which is par for GAF-Hop in general.

Speaking of farts, "You might think that you the shit, but you can't out-fart me" will forever be a contender in the WOAT lines in hiphop. I guess Cole is alright though, never cared about him too much.

A more underground Kendrick would be something to see though
That line made the whole song unplayable for me :(

IrishNinja

i cant keep up with all the revisionism/magic in this thread sometimes

- has PD's impressions of something new already framed it for heads yet? what of the esh scale?
- is kendrick still okay? which tracks off his classic albu...oh backseat is bad now
- why doesn't return just quote 30 dudes like real G's do instead of struggling with 2

etc etc, ya'll gon have to forgive me sometimes for bein too real™ nahmean

IrishNinja

see i forgot some of y'all were wrong then, is all

I always fucked with backstreet freestyle shit gets me hype I will say I didn't hear the song until I heard the album in full.

yeah, same
maybe as a single during pre album hypebeast era there were concerns, i try to skip those where i can

I respect Backstreet Freestyle more today than I did at the time but I still think it's bleh. Catchy chorus but that's about it.

Remember when it dropped and we started getting concerned about the album? IIRC Swimming Pools and Peer Pressure had been released.

Booshka

Too bad Kendrick isn't the type of west coast rapper to drop a Cali Iz Active type jam. Jay Rock on the other hand...

I'd love for some funkier DPG style shit out of Kendrick. I don't think he is the type either, but I need some new G-Funk kinda tracks out of someone.

Pathos

Banned
Damn Backseat Freestyle is one of my go to pump up songs at the gym, fucking love it (on a side note, do you know some songs w/ beats like maad city, backseat freestyle, black skinhead, etc.?)

Really excited for tomorrow, hope it's good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom