• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
mjm3TH3.png

NEXT WEEK JUST WAIT ON IT

I would too, Moris. I really hope that this is just a one-off and I can skip it without sacrificing some larger narrative in the album. You guys should see what Pickles wrote about it, breh is devastated lmao. Honestly I hope none of the album comes close to this sonically. You tried to bump that shit in the whip, eh Courage?

JgZs64Q.png
how'd that sonic experiment work out for you.
What'd pickles write?

Musical Taste:
•Pick a coast to rep - East
•Favorite Artist - Ye
•Best feature killer - Weezy before he went to jail, Drake
•Favourite producer - Just blaze, Ye
•Favourite album - Can't choose between college dropout, MBDTF and Reasonable Doubt.
•What's in your playlist right now? - Reasonable Doubt, Deeper than Rap, Jay elect

•Rank Kanye's albums

Impossible, all I know is that LR and 808's are at the bottom.

•Who is the best Wu-Tang member?

Not a huge fan but I always enjoy hearing rae and I love mafiaso rap.

•Jay Z or Nas?

Hov

•Biggie or Pac?

Biggie

•What’s your dream album/project?

A Nas album where Rick Ross is in charge of the production. A Drake album entirely produced by Ye with maybe a alchemist beat here and there.

• Who is the next big rapper/producer?

I can see Gambino catching on.

•Who is the most
overrated/underrated emcee?

Most overrated? Em. Most underrated? Phonte.

•Have you been known to eat ass?

No.

PBY

Banned
Musical Taste:
•Pick a coast to rep - East
•Favorite Artist - Ye
•Best feature killer - Weezy before he went to jail, Drake
•Favourite producer - Just blaze, Ye
•Favourite album - Can't choose between college dropout, MBDTF and Reasonable Doubt.
•What's in your playlist right now? - Reasonable Doubt, Deeper than Rap, Jay elect

•Rank Kanye's albums

Impossible, all I know is that LR and 808's are at the bottom.

•Who is the best Wu-Tang member?

Not a huge fan but I always enjoy hearing rae and I love mafiaso rap.

•Jay Z or Nas?

Hov

•Biggie or Pac?

Biggie

•What’s your dream album/project?

A Nas album where Rick Ross is in charge of the production. A Drake album entirely produced by Ye with maybe a alchemist beat here and there.

• Who is the next big rapper/producer?

I can see Gambino catching on.

•Who is the most
overrated/underrated emcee?

Most overrated? Em. Most underrated? Phonte.

•Have you been known to eat ass?

No.
Lotta ye on that list

We got another one boys.

LR is not a bottom tier at all, that's pretty much factually incorrect.
A bottom tier ye album is still a good album. I left out yeezus but I guess it's better than that(despite me listening to it more). LR has too much filler imo. It's a really unique album but I don't Fuck with it outside of diamonds, gone, gold digger, we major and heard em say.

Esch

Banned

lol, it's all a troll. this double time speed rap style clearly has a lot of variants and sources. I'm not saying that Outkast or Bone didn't stumble upon some Jaz or Freestyle at some point in time, but it's kind of a natural growth of a lot of preexisting rap. People on the streets were no doubt rapping faster and faster in battles, developing faster and faster flows. In the pre-internet era its way way harder to pinpoint the geneology of styles and shit because most of us have no idea what demo tapes etc were circulating. Same is true with most scenes from the 80s up until the WWW really took off.

This is your response to me stanning Outkast? I'm disappointed.

honestly, i'm almost all out of troll juice for the day :(

HiResDes

lol, it's all a troll. this double time speed rap style clearly has a lot of variants and sources. I'm not saying that Outkast or Bone didn't stumble upon some Jaz or Freestyle at some point in time, but it's kind of a natural growth of a lot of preexisting rap. People on the streets were no doubt rapping faster and faster in battles, developing faster and faster flows. In the pre-internet era its way way harder to pinpoint the geneology of styles and shit because most of us have no idea what demo tapes etc were circulating. Same is true with most scenes from the 80s up until the WWW really took off.

honestly, i'm almost all out of troll juice for the day :(

Man I'm trying to fuel your troll and you just deflate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom