• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Now that Kendrick's a thing of the past I've got no choice but to join my boy Ken Masters in the service of King Aubrey.

Courage

Count is gonna melt down before our eyes when Views From The 6 is better received than Kendrick's album, by rapheads and critics.

How can his heart take so much disappointment. Q, Ab-Soul and now Kendrick? Does he even have enough tears left for Jay Rock?

RIP

Well now that the full turn of Kendrick is over.

Who do we go to next?
I still have faith

I wonder if Toku will start stanning him after Gaf-Hop has fully turned. Drunk and hot girls loving ass

its just the first single tho

Count is gonna melt down before our eyes when Views From The 6 is better received than Kendrick's album, by rapheads and critics.

How can his heart take so much disappointment. Q, Ab-Soul and now Kendrick? Does he even have enough tears left for Jay Rock?

RIP

ayy I'm from the 6 breh.

gotta represent amirite

Tokubetsu

gaf-hop fuckery at an all time high right now. Everyone trolling everyone else it's beautiful. We're out of space and time right now. This is the fourth dimension. The chaos realm.

iP21ODwocB8ME.gif

beanman25

Anyone been to any of the shows of Ab Soul's tour so far? I'm going tomorrow and meeting him as well.

Does he play any of Longterm or Longterm 2?

Esch

Banned
I wonder if Toku will start stanning him after Gaf-Hop has fully turned. Drunk and hot girls loving ass

Fun fact: toku before 2012 was actually pretty cool with Kendrick Lamar. I distinctly remember him fucking with OD or Section 80, or atleast enjoying that stuff in plug. Then NWTS came out, he stanned for it. Then GKMC came out, he didn't like it, and the rest of the hip hop world embraced it with open arms. Then the whole Kendrick vs. Drake 'real vs. sellout rap' narrative came into play, that only embittered him against Kendrick even more as a natural contrarian. Not to mention Q and Ab-Soul getting overlooked (because theyre wacker).

I think deep deep deep down, toku still likes Kendrick, much how I enjoy Nas's music. He just can't stand the people who like him.

JgZs64Q.png

Mik317

i isn't that bad.

I swear that the Internet has made it so there is no in between. It's only trash or gdlk... And nothing else.

It's a solid but unimpressive song.

Cheddahz

Banned
The closest Run The Jewels show is a Red Bull Sound Select show (which means Ratking won't be opening for them) and I "RSVP'd" to the show a few weeks ago and it turns out that I'm getting my ticket for free now. I just have to debate if it's worth the hour or so drive to go

overcast

i isn't that bad.

I swear that the Internet has made it so there is no in between. It's only trash or gdlk... And nothing else.

I'm the same way about opinions on the Internet, but this song is a huge disappointment all things considered. This isn't a track for the "return of a king".
Man, Pickles is mad as fuck.
Lmao.
The closest Run The Jewels show is a Red Bull Sound Select show (which means Ratking won't be opening for them) and I "RSVP'd" to the show a few weeks ago and it turns out that I'm getting my ticket for free now. I just have to debate if it's worth the hour or so drive to go
Easily. I drive an hour for most of my concerts. Doing about the same for RTJ.

effzee

i isn't that bad.

Haven't listened to it yet but agree 100%. Been saying this for a while. Either an album is AOTY or recycle bin. Used to be there were average-good albums in between the trash and the classics. And average good albums were still fun to listen to for those 5-6 tracks because you know you could either skip the bad tracks or edit them out of playlists.

Kendrick is in a no win situation. I think its cause he took rather long too in between albums. Time = hype = disappointment no matter what. Now Kendrick can't show emotion, be aggressive, can't rap this way or that way, it also can't be exactly like gkmc but still should have a concept, it has to be new yet sound familiar, change the game or its sub-par, and whatever else people have already lined up to hate no matter what.

I expect at the very least a good album from a good artist.

Mik317

Exactly.

I used to be a big Eminem and Lupe stan... And then they started dropping subpar to awful shit. So I just stopped expecting amazing classics even time out, I stopped looking fir the return of the King and all that... And just expected a handful of songs I put in the rotation for a year and keep it moving.

For the most part it has worked out.

Basically don't blame me, blame yourself or God for your overhype

IrishNinja

Section 80 is too low on the courage scale

Has 3k done anything else like that verse on Frank ocean's shit in recent times? Miss that effortless flow

Courage

Exactly.

I used to be a big Eminem and Lupe stan... And then they started dropping subpar to awful shit. So I just stopped expecting amazing classics even time out, I stopped looking fir the return of the King and all that... And just expected a handful of songs I put in the rotation for a year and keep it moving.

But that hasn't happened to Kendrick yet. His last album is a hip-hop classic. Of course there will be disappointment to a larger degree.

DominoKid

Haven't listened to it yet but agree 100%. Been saying this for a while. Either an album is AOTY or recycle bin. Used to be there were average-good albums in between the trash and the classics. And average good albums were still fun to listen to for those 5-6 tracks because you know you could either skip the bad tracks or edit them out of playlists.

Kendrick is in a no win situation. I think its cause he took rather long too in between albums. Time = hype = disappointment no matter what. Now Kendrick can't show emotion, be aggressive, can't rap this way or that way, it also can't be exactly like gkmc but still should have a concept, it has to be new yet sound familiar, change the game or its sub-par, and whatever else people have already lined up to hate no matter what.

Man yall aint gotta invent these narratives to pleacop your boy making the corniest song in a minute.

Exactly.

Delita pls

Agree 100%, and I said it earlier today. Everything is partisan, to the point that opinions have been reduced to just "love it" and "hate it." The track is ok, it's a blatant radio hit that we'll be hearing nonstop for the coming months. It's not...Lifestyle, Anaconda, or some other horrible record.

Today really proves that Kendrick can't win. There's no way this track is worse than Backstreet Freestyle. Hell, personally I think it's better than Poetic Justice (another track that's made by its memorable sample). Sure as hell better than Real. So unless the album is some retro Happy/Blurred Lines-esque album of pop rap I know the album will be good.

I will say this though: if in January 2014 you told me Drake would release more straight up hip hop tracks (0 To 100, Draft Day, Trophies) than Kendrick by September I'd tell you to gtfo. My only solace is knowing that Drake isn't smart enough to release an album full of 0 To 100s. But if he did...I would take the L and buy the album.

IrishNinja

Dom I dunno if tyga fans should throw corn around like that gawd

PS thanks CRS

Edit PD needs to accept his wanting a dick big as the Eiffel tower (a highly relatable cause) and embrace backseat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom