• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

hell on earth is way more listenable than infamous these days, i cant listen to a lot of those trash can mpc2000 snares on infamous anymore.

overcast

ATLiens and Aquemini aren't classics. :trollbron: :esch:
tumblr_nbb9jpfTyM1qiudmmo1_1280.jpg

IrishNinja

Ah, might gotta revisit Hell on earth

Esh is partly right, but I was huge on post NWA west coast sound, hard shit & g-funk - dre, snoop, I was a cube stan in particular for a while too

As for Mobb I bought infamous day 1 cause at that point I'd try to acquire nearly anything source gave 5 mics..I dug it but it did have filler and I never really took to prodigy tho I respected them firing back @ pac when most wouldn't

Likewise I loved 50 on power of the dollar & GRODT but couldn't fuck with dude after that

TLDR - I fucks with gangsta (Gibbs has been my shit this year) but I'm picky and miss all kindsa shit, hence this thread putting me onto other stuff like Quik, Kool G,Ka,DITC etc etc which I love y'all for

Listened to the track again (second time)...man I wish they had found something less blatant to sample. At least when Crazy In Love dropped most people had an excuse not to know the sample.

I gotta say, seeing tons of people have no idea about the That Lady sample makes me question everything. Maybe I'm just blessed to grow up in a house that played classic music nonstop.

tracks worth listening to:

Shook Ones obv
Eye For an Eye
Give up the Goods (Just Step)
Right Back at You
Survival of the Fittest

Where am I wrong?

The Start of Your Ending
Up North Trip
QU Hectic
Cradle to the Grave
Party Over

etc....are filler bruh?
ipJ3tahcspXsG.png

Hell, Drink Away The Pain is probably the weakest track on the album and it's still great

Kimosabae

Banned
Finally got around to listening to Cive Demo... guess Isaiah's just a K-Dot 2.0, huh? I got that impression from "Soliloquy" and "Shot Ya Down" but I was hoping it was just those two tracks. Even his central message seems similar. Disappointing.

HiResDes

Finally got around to listening to Cive Demo... guess Isaiah's just a K-Dot 2.0, huh? I got that impression from "Soliloquy" and "Shot Ya Down" but I was hoping it was just those two tracks. Even his central message seems similar. Disappointing.
The themes aren't all that similar to me.

Soooo apparently I Love Myself is not the official single according to Power 105. The song that drops next week won't be a street single as I assumed, it'll be the actual album single. I Love Myself will be a bonus track, like The Recipe.

hmmm...the song is already blowing up radio, why release another single right away

I just finally listened to Ty Dolla Sign ep. It's pretty good, I don't mind that a lot of his tracks are filled with rappers. Sometimes the verses just suck tho like Dom Kennedy and I fuck with some Dom Kennedy joints but Ty is singing faster than Dom is rapping WTF.

Also, I really like how he handles interludes on it. Goes a long way to enjoying the overall project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom