• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

ATLiens is better than E.1999. They're potentially releasing another Kendrick song next week? But he said he only has 7 songs so far.

Cheddahz

Banned
tumblr_mtc2enTzdx1qlp4x9o1_500.gif

Esch

Banned
classic albums kanye stans have listened to:

doe or die
soul on ice
anything by bone thugs
anything by g rap
anything by KRS one
anything by Mobb Deep

Really makes you wonder. What's the most popular/influential record these guys have never bothered to spin? Paid in Full?

Zabuza

Banned
Tyga might be my least favorite rapper. Guys like him and Kid Ink are trash.

Then you got guys like G-Eazy and Hoodie Allen that tons of cacs stan. Wack.

Cheddahz

Banned

doe or die
soul on ice
anything by g rap
anything by KRS one
anything by Mobb Deep

Really makes you wonder.
I'm still shocked that a good number of people here have never listened to a Mobb Deep album

Courage

doe or die
soul on ice
anything by g rap
anything by KRS one
anything by Mobb Deep

Really makes you wonder.

I have the excuse for living in Greece for 10 years (6-16 y/o) so...
AixfG.png

I've listened to 4,5,6 when you linked it as the best cover art and The Infamous.

codhand

to be honest, i think The Infamous is the only Mobb Deep album i played the whole way through

i think we're looking to the under 30 crowd tho

I have the excuse for living in Greece for 10 years (6-16 y/o) so...
AixfG.png

I've listened to 4,5,6 when you linked it as the best cover art and The Infamous.

nice, well if people listen, i'm sure we can post some more quality shit to check out.

living in greece seems like a pretty damn good excuse, hell my friends from the midwest only heard hip-hop in skate videos.

Kwixotik

One of the first rap songs I ever heard was Fuck Wit Dre Day. My only opinion about Tim Dog is that he can eat a big fat dick and that's all I know.

Esch

Banned
Thought you detested that porky pig eh de de eh desk-flow, I think Bone flies into or near that territory quite a few times
I think it's cool sometimes, works better with darker rap or druggy rap. When you hear Bone Thugz or Three Six Mafia do it, they kinda get close to this demonic rasta territory that's pretty cool and I fuck with it. Gotta be careful though, or you fall into Donald Duck / Ab-Soul territory.

to be honest, i think The Infamous is the only Mobb Deep album i played the whole way through

fraud

studyguy

Are we all listening to Eternal 1999 again? Crossroads, East 1999 amd 1st of tha month was fucking everywhere at one point, I don't know how anyone alive at that time could have missed them. I'm sure I would have heard that entire album a number of times over even if I hadn't gotten it myself too.

Esch

Banned
Y'all should be more concerned that our resident dusthead hasn't listened to the whole Mobb Deep discog.

Actually we shouldnt be too harsh on Irish here. In his defense; he's always preferred the jazzier, conscious rap that isnt gangsta. Tribe, etc etc. He's never been one to stan for the more violent or swag rap acts in any scene. I'm not surpirsed he's not into things like Prodigy, 50 Cent, yadda yadda. Infact I think the most violent/dark things he listens to from that era are like... Nas and Jay-Z.

Cheddahz

Banned
Actually we shouldnt be too harsh on Irish here. In his defense; he's always preferred the jazzier, conscious rap that isnt gangsta. Tribe, etc etc. He's never been one to stan for the more violent or swag rap acts in any scene. I'm not surpirsed he's not into things like Prodigy, 50 Cent, yadda yadda. Infact I think the most violent/dark things he listens to from that era are like... Nas and Jay-Z.

I walked in on Irish one night as we decided to meet up at his crib to discuss the good ol' Sega days and he was blasting this on his Sega Saturn (he had just burned a mix CD)

Dude is a true gangsta, don't let him fool ya

A lot of people think The Infamous is the only Mobb album worth listening to. They deserve to be slapped. If you can't recognize Hell On Earth's greatness you lost at life.

Tokubetsu

Fun fact: toku before 2012 was actually pretty cool with Kendrick Lamar. I distinctly remember him fucking with OD or Section 80, or atleast enjoying that stuff in plug. Then NWTS came out, he stanned for it. Then GKMC came out, he didn't like it, and the rest of the hip hop world embraced it with open arms. Then the whole Kendrick vs. Drake 'real vs. sellout rap' narrative came into play, that only embittered him against Kendrick even more as a natural contrarian. Not to mention Q and Ab-Soul getting overlooked (because theyre wacker).

I think deep deep deep down, toku still likes Kendrick, much how I enjoy Nas's music. He just can't stand the people who like him.

JgZs64Q.png

section 80 > take care = gkmc > nwts

Pound cake tho. Dat beat. Where's asap mooooose

ibiwOU3bdt45HD.gif

Listening to Eternal 1999 for the first time and it's :wow:

U-Neek's production on that is nothing less than stellar.

Excuse the homeless bums singing on it though

lotta mobb deep after infamous is pretty skipable.

Skipping Hell on Earth and Murda Muzik
iYiDOVjLBjkxu.png

I'd argue that Hell on Earth is better than Infamous at times

A lot of people think The Infamous is the only Mobb album worth listening to. They deserve to be slapped. If you can't recognize Hell On Earth's greatness you lost at life.

My nigga.

I know that this place isn't exactly the Pusha T fan club it was a few years ago, but I remain a fan.

What's going on with this guy? The normal places I trace his stuff have been thin on content lately. He did a remix on No Flex Zone and I liked that, but in general I'm having a hard time finding anything new from him recently. He's careful about who he works with and is probably still riding the hype from the Move that Dope song with Future and Pharell, but man... kinda wishing there was more Pusha T stuff for me to listen to, and to hear.

I think he's touring but that's never stopped him. Anyone know what Terry Thornton is up to these days?
new kendrick did not pass the whip test, or any other test for that matter

i still believe tho

Yeah, it didn't pass it for me either

Prodigy spitting some of the best verses of his career (Hell on Earth's 3rd verse and Apostle's Warning for example) and that dark, desolate production give it the edge for me.

I don't mind anyone preferring Infamous though but I find myself listening to Hell on Earth more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom