• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I haven't even listened to the Beach House EP because I remember looking at the tracklist and thinking well damn I hear all these songs on the radio!

https://plug.dj/gaf-hop

palinraisetheroof.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Q's outfit looks like his wardrobe has a randomize button. I guess picking your outfit out of a pile on the bedroom floor is pretty much the same thing.

man I want to date Rikki Martinez. Just chill and talk about music and cook for her.
Gotta dine her nicely breh.

Can't even eat the ass on the first date

Q's outfit looks like his wardrobe has a randomize button. I guess picking your outfit out of a pile on the bedroom floor is pretty much the same thing.
It's just jeans and a shirt breh
Yeah mang. Them thighs breh.

So, Kendrick/Interscope either pulled a fast one on us or they were like, "shit the fans want more screaming".
If there's screaming, do we jump ship?

Real talk: yall are saying I Love Myself is worse than Backstreet Freestyle, Poetic Justice, and Real? I can understand Poetic Justice ranking ahead of it, but as of right now I'm going to say the record is better than all three of those.

Not caping...serious question.

Real talk: yall are saying I Love Myself is worse than Backstreet Freestyle, Poetic Justice, and Real? I can understand Poetic Justice ranking ahead of it, but as of right now I'm going to say the record is better than all three of those.

Real > Backseat Freestyle> I love myself >Poetic Justice

I do understand the hate that Real gets, but tbh it might be one of the most important songs on GKMC.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Poetic Justice was a great pop-rap track. Ladies love it but dudes can vibe too. In my top five off the album. didn't know Backseat was so hated but I think it's good ignorant fun. I feel like both tracks accomplished what they meant to. Don't remember real tbh.

DominoKid

it's not worse than Real but I can't even keep a straight face listening to that song. way worse than PJ and Backseat Freestyle though.

Esch

Banned

It's not as bad as Real but the other two are dope songs, wtf.
Backseat Freestyle is fun, stupid, and kinda hype.

Poetic Justice has a nice vibe to it. It's a little fruity but nun wrong with that.
it's not worse than Real but I can't even keep a straight face listening to that song. way worse than PJ and Backseat Freestyle though.

Basically

Courage

I guess if you hate pop-rap by defaul, but what the fuck...those verses, that hook, it's so good. One of the best standalone tracks off the album.

Exactly. Even the lyrics are nice:

Every time I write these words they become a taboo
Making sure my punctuation curve
Every letter is true
Living my life in the margin and that metaphor was proof
I'm talking poetic justice, poetic justice
If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room, would you trust it?
I mean you need to hear this
Love is not just a verb, It's you looking in the mirror
Love is not just a verb, It's you looking poor maybe
Call me crazy, We can both be insane
A fatal attraction is common
And what we have common is pain
I mean you need to hear this
Love is not just a verb and I can see power steering
Sex drive when you swerve, I want that interference
It's coherent, I can hear it, mmhmm
That's your heartbeat
It either caught me or it called me, mmhmm
Breathe slow and you'll find gold mines in these lines
Sincerely, yours truly
And right before you go blind
P.S.....

bIldZmL.gif

Real is also a great song.

Poetic Justice is dope, especially Kendrick's last verse. But it largely works due to the sample which is great; that makes it a bit hard for me to judge by itself I guess, similar to I Love Myself. And right now...I think I'm gonna say I Love Myself is better.

Looks like most of us agree it's better than Real.

Basically my point being that I don't see this song ruining the album, unless Kendrick drops some really average project which I doubt. GKMC is constantly hailed as a classic yet I can't think of any classics off the top of my head with a worse song than Real. Not saying Real is complete and utter gutter trash but...it's not a good song, and is very annoying.

but then again now that we know it's likely a promo single ala The Recipe I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just listened to that new Kenneth. LOLWUT

Someone in this thread said it's the shit you put on when your dad is in the car and that is exactly right. Shit almost sounds by committee.

"Hey Kendrick, listen, you made a real splash the last two years, we need a song that everyone can relate to, and it has a universal message, something uplifting! We've got a beat that's done well in 50-80 year old focus tests, and that demographic definitely was able to clap along to this song, so you're good to go! We understand you don't want to isolate your core audience though, so we'll do a beat switch about 2/3 of the way.. that's hip-hop!"

The electric guitar is what takes it from being catchy into cheese territory.

Niggas hatin on Kendrick then bumpin Ariana Grande in they whip

I'm sick rn
Ariana's first album > i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom