• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

sweet_baby_jesus-22974.gif

Flylo gawd damn son

Briefly, but not really.

The part about smoking with Mike Dean makes it sound fake. Half of the rest seems to corroborate information that's confirmed, the other half there's no way to know. Stuff like "luxury trap beats" seems to go well with anecdotes that it's the darkness of Yeezus intermingled with soul samples, but could be something else entirely because Kanye has said himself that one song can and has changed the entire makeup of the album.
The ROC Nation thing is really weird to me.

Courage

il1L4HNkWRqqu.png

It's good but it takes a minute to pick up

Nah breh, the flow on this album is crazy. It doesn't even "pick up", per se, it just transcends into something else. It starts off as a typical Flying Lotus album and just teleports you to another universe (probably right after Never Catch Me). This album is crazy.

It's kind of relieving after Cosmogramma tbh. What's so good about LA is that it has this organic progression from song to song, and while Cosmogramma is good, it's a Flylo album on ADHD

I'm liking Theme and Tesla more than I did last night but Cold Dead and Dead Man's Tetris still get the meh treatment

Fkn Dead into Never Catch Me gets better and better.

After DMT, the album really goes places

big ander

I think You're Dead's best at the start. FlyLo with a new mathy element.
Young Thug finally addresses gay rumours. Bonus ignorance about Ferguson. Dude sounds dumb as hell TBH.

youtube comment: "No man should ever call another man females words unless they are gay. Straight man don't call other man or straight man bae, hubby, my lover, my husband. He should be calling his self Young Gay." amazing

Bad interview but at least half of that lies with the interviewer, scattered questions phrased badly. And the way Thug answers the question about Ferguson is actually not too off at first-- responding to a loaded line about the situation with something along the lines of "I'm not sure this is the place I'm out here to party" makes sense

Detox

I wonder how gods son must have felt writing foxy browns shit and having to throw in lines like

"I get my pussy licked on the tropic"

Or whatever

The God's a freak

Sex with death, indulge in these women
Envision my own skeleton swimming in eternal fire
Broads play with pentagrams in they vagina
Like the Exorcist, then they gave birth to my seeds
I beg for God's help, why they love hurting me?
I'm your disciple, a thug certainly

Whole situation surrounding this song is terrible. Shyne doesn't like Kendrick, so fucking what? That nigga's terrible now but he can't have an opinion? Then you got fuck ass dudes like Game acting like they were really gonna do something about it.

Way too much dickriding.

Yeah, I usually try to ignore all that nonsense, and you already know the Game is the ultimate jimmy jocker.

DominoKid

Whole situation surrounding this song is terrible. Shyne doesn't like Kendrick, so fucking what? That nigga's terrible now but he can't have an opinion? Then you got fuck ass dudes like Game acting like they were really gonna do something about it.

Way too much dickriding.

yeah shyne can't have an opinion. go home and be a family man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The ROC Nation thing is really weird to me.
I'm iffy about that.

Big Sean confirmed in interviews recently that both him and Ye have moved over to Roc Nation management, but Sean is still on Def Jam. And Ye is probably still too on Roc-a-fella/IDJ.. or is he?

Wouldn't be surprised if Roc Nation puts out the next album, but I feel like there would have been a stir over it already.

Esch

Banned
can't believe ya'll are hyping up You're Dead like this

tbh it's just okay. there are some parts here and there i'm really fucking with (Ready Err Not), some that are really overwrought and goofy jam session ADHD doodlydo. Like this song with 'Captain Murphy' and Snoop, really getting some laughs out of me. Definitely not touching 1983 or Los Angeles for me, and i don't think it ever will. Some of these bits like Coronus the Terminator really remind me of Hudmo / Baths.

also Never Catch Me is still ultra wack sauce. garbage.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
that Esch cray. Never Catch Me is great.

You're Dead is a fine album but I'm not really feeling the urge to go back to it.

HiResDes

tbh it's just okay. there are some parts here and there i'm really fucking with (Ready Err Not), some that are really overwrought and goofy jam session ADHD doodlydo. Like this song with 'Captain Murphy' and Snoop, really getting some laughs out of me. Definitely not touching 1983 or Los Angeles for me, and i don't think it ever will. Some of these bits like Coronus the Terminator really remind me of Hudmo / Baths.

also Never Catch Me is still ultra wack sauce. garbage.

Damn my hype is definitely more manageable now. I needed a more seasoned electronic fan to really chime in on it...I mean last year brehs hyped up RAM like that shit was actually good, not everyone can be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom