• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
So you're saying last year was garbage too?

tumblr_mavtcptsQl1rxx72w.gif

tj hazuki

GAF-Hop am an avid listener for Hip Hop but this year i haven't listeneto hip hop that much can you recommend me top 5 albums in 2014? Thanks.

overcast

GAF-Hop am an avid listener for Hip Hop but this year i haven't listeneto hip hop that much can you recommend me top 5 albums in 2014? Thanks.
Yeah, Des' lists are a good bet.

Ratking - So It Goes
Freddie Gibbs - Pinata
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
Open Mike Eagle - Dark Comedy
Goldlink - The God Complex

Probably the new Shabazz.

CRS

Lmao Count.

--

I guess Kanye is big enough that the festival setting isn't a detriment to the typical hip-hop artist.

G-Unit was there too though so that was cool.

Seeing 50 Cent on his
4ghu.png
was funny tho. Dudes voice was gone

Also Lol @ Drake recognizing Kendrick as his King at Ovofest. Nigga knows to BOW DOWN before ending up on a summer jam screen haha

Man just compared to last years Ovofest this one was just ugh

Party Next Door comes out, I look at my friend like
smack-who-is-this-nigga-o.gif

Majin Jordan

Tinashe & Brian Scalabrine lookin ass nigga

At the time Scalabrine was rapping, last year we were all
tumblr_m0bekw00H91qitfvdo1_500.gif

smfhhhh

cacophony

this is kinda sad but im kinda getting over trap music, its just so fucking lazy now. that mike will x thugger song.. its just there

^^ thats one of the less sus things hes done

CRS

this is kinda sad but im kinda getting over trap music, its just so fucking lazy now. that mike will x thugger song.. its just there

Over saturated with it right now. Take a break and come back to it when you start enjoying it (you will).

cacophony

naw i still fuck w/ migos

its just you can tell most of the shit nowadays is phoned in & adds absolutely nothing to anything

PlayDat

I really need to start listening to more non-rap music if only because the typical rap show experience can be pretty mediocre. Always late, lots of shouting into the mic, and skipping half their lyrics.

Danny's the best performer I've seen so far but I've been to fewer than a dozen shows in my entire life. The number was 0 before I started college.

Killer Mike's been pretty good both times I saw him. The excellent mic presence he has on wax carries over seeing him live. He's a big enough dude that he can step off the stage and safely rap among the crowd too. The first time I saw him was in a pretty small venue with an audience of under 40 people. Mike stayed after the show to sign autographs, and take pictures. I had only just started listening to him at the time so I didn't go up to meet him, but I'm really regretting that know. For some rappers it's part of their contract to do that stuff, but this still made an impression on me.

I just got home from seeing Ratking in NYC. Sporting Life performed the beats live. He was drumming the whole time (on an MPC I think. I've never produced music before so I'm guessing at what the equipment was.) They started off with an extended intro of Snow Beach. The group did about an even amount of stuff from So It Goes and their older songs. Little to no word skipping which is rather impressive given how verbose and fast their lyrics can be. Sometimes when Wiki's going off he closes his eyes gets in this trance for a few seconds. It's really cool to watch a performer be so absorbed in their music like that for however ephemeral the moment may be. There wasn't that much audience interaction except for a dude who passed a joint onto the stage. Wiki took a drag before handing back. Then security went looking for the guy.

Crowd was ridiculous. Started moshing during the first song. A fight broke out at the end while they played Canal. This reminds me of the other shitty thing about rap shows, which is that these events totally suck for women in the audience. I was front and center and got knocked around a bunch. My knees still hurt from being pressed up against the stage. I'm a fairly thin guy (5'7" 140 lbs) so it's to be expected, but this plus practically getting dry humped by smelly dudes jumping up and down behind you make it obvious why the gender ratio is so skewed toward men. I had a lot of fun though.

someone link me to the most complete post by him and i'll add it

Q1
Q2

mooooose

Just got back from RATKING, show was dope as fuck. When Wiki got off stage I couldn't get daps but he went to high school with my GF's best friend and she got a huge hug and he looked od happy to see her but before they could talk this dickhead security was pushing him down, and that security guard also got in the middle of the stage earlier and interrupted the show because he thought he smelled weed. He was wack as fuck.

Show was live but I went with my GF and her best friend and a dude her friend knew and they were not into it like I was and I couldn't go mosh, so it kind of sucked lol

Ive been to two shows with my GF now and I dont think Ill ask her to anymore that I know will be too live. She kinda sucks in those situations lol shes just a girl tho

codhand

wtf my hometown never changes, i know it's not chiraq, but we arent that big of a city
http://yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2014/08/03/weekend-shootings-bring-homicide-count-to-eight/

good to hear Ratking is dope live.

and that security guard also got in the middle of the stage earlier and interrupted the show because he thought he smelled weed.

Wiki took a drag before handing back. Then security went looking for the guy.

lol NYC.

Post documents submissible in court on thecoli brehs

Ive been to two shows with my GF now and I dont think Ill ask her to anymore that I know will be too live. She kinda sucks in those situations lol shes just a girl tho

shit is funny, my girlfriend still references a Jedi Mind Tricks concert we went to, "We got that murda murda shit!" she says, still makes me lol. i'm the same now, if i know a show is too much, im like, "I think youll wanna sit this one out."

G-Unit was there too though so that was cool.

Seeing 50 Cent on his
4ghu.png
was funny tho. Dudes voice was gone

Also Lol @ Drake recognizing Kendrick as his King at Ovofest. Nigga knows to BOW DOWN before ending up on a summer jam screen haha
What did Drake say about Kendrick.

Edit: nm he called him and Cole kings lol. Dude is weak.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
no longer listening to hip.hop.

the Hannibal soundtrack is coursing through my veins now.

Gotta love how Dame was arguing he was the only person who saw Kanye's potential, just 2-3 years ago, but now he's arguing Biggs was the one who saw Kanye's potential. His arguments change depending on who he's attacking. Back when he was attacking Jay he wanted to pretend like nobody at Rocafella gave a shit about Kanye except him. Now he's moved from attacking Jay to attacking Kanye lol.

Pretty soon he'll be beefing with his barber smh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nigga, last year we got: Cole/Miguel performing they shit together, P. Diddy/Mase reuniting, Wayne coming out, fuckin Kanye coming out, Wale, French Garbana, Big Sean,
Rocky and other people

Nigga we got tinashe and party next door this year smh
Don't throw shade at my waifu brah

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sometimes she looks hot other times I just feel like she's just some chick with a blonde wig. I'm really losing interest in these chicks with ridiculous weaves out chea...
I kind of agree (she has a bit of Rihanna syndrome going on..), but moreover I feel like I'm disadvantaged out here not being able to recognize what's a weave and what isn't lol

I thought her hair was real TBH, she's had it forever and is mixed.

Noisey Presents :
A$AP Rocky: SVDDXNLY - Part 1/5

"SVDDXNLY" chronicles the ascension of one of raps brightest young stars, A$AP Rocky. From home videos and interviews with friends and family, to the very first seminal moments of his career caught on tape, Rocky takes viewers behind the scenes into his life as he takes A$AP from Harlem, to the world.

HiResDes

There are a few great hooks on Fredo's latest tapes, but nothing even close to the level of Jealous...And Fredo and even all of the featured rappers verses are so fucking garbage. Gambino's verse on Riot is probably the most cringe-worthy of the year.

Chipper Jones Vol. 3 is pretty good, but I don't think anything is quite on the level of the extreme highs of Vol. 2, but it's more consistent for sure. Still not sure I'd even call it the best cutthroat release this year.

OMG, NEW ARMAND HAMMER!

...RACE MUSIC STILL RETROACTIVE RAP AOTY 2013

I wish I'd gotten into Ratking either way earlier or in more apt season later on. Hottest days of the year over here and this album just screams dark autumn nights for me.

I sure as hell have overplayed it by then.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Noisey Presents :
A$AP Rocky: SVDDXNLY - Part 1/5

"SVDDXNLY" chronicles the ascension of one of raps brightest young stars, A$AP Rocky. From home videos and interviews with friends and family, to the very first seminal moments of his career caught on tape, Rocky takes viewers behind the scenes into his life as he takes A$AP from Harlem, to the world.
Noisey killing the game.

Looking forward to the rest of this.

Tokubetsu

Sometimes she looks hot other times I just feel like she's just some chick with a blonde wig. I'm really losing interest in these chicks with ridiculous weaves out chea...

I kind of agree (she has a bit of Rihanna syndrome going on..), but moreover I feel like I'm disadvantaged out here not being able to recognize what's a weave and what isn't lol

Get the fuck outta here.

DominoKid

CDQ of Action Bronson's single, Easy Rider. Produced by Party Supplies.

Not a fan if I'm honest.

aw i thought he was gonna be rapping over that intro. it's still tough.

moms always says to look at/for the roots. fuck if i can tell though. sometimes that shit is super obvious though cause it doesn't move.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Man just compared to last years Ovofest this one was just ugh

Party Next Door comes out, I look at my friend like
smack-who-is-this-nigga-o.

Majin Jordan

Tinashe & Brian Scalabrine lookin ass nigga

At the time Scalabrine was rapping, last year we were all
tumblr_m0bekw00H91qitfvdo1_500.

smfhhhh

ive always wanted to go ovofest. guess i was lucky i missed it this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom