• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
hah, I didn't even make it through half of Precalculus before dropping it. it was hilarious watching that class shrink in such a short amount of time.

that shit caused me to change my major completely.

CRS

Math is the language of the universe, brehs.

My man. I love math.

One of my most fondest memories growing up was walking into my Geometry class in the 8th grade and it was only like 7/8 of us. School even had to get a high-school teacher for us. Class was a little before 7 in the morning since the teacher had to leave before 8 for her high school classes.

CRS

physics :pacspit:

JgZs64Q.png

Ehh......

Physics is fun though.

i got 70 on my org chem midterm.

went into the course like channing tatum in jump street too. "what's a co-vah-lent bond?". it's hard as shit but you just have to memorize, memorize, memorize.

i'm probably gonna end up with C+/B-

]i got 70 on my org chem midterm[/B].

went into the course like channing tatum in jump street too. "what's a co-vah-lent bond?". it's hard as shit but you just have to memorize, memorize, memorize.

Taking that next semester breh heard it's pretty brutal.

dude it sucks. plus my teacher is a fucking idiot. this woman says chlorine like "co-lor-ine" and messes up questions on the board and then blames the students for not catching on all the time.

esch was right bruh, these organic chem teachers suck. i learnt more from khan academy and a textbook.

i got 70 on my org chem midterm.

what level ochem? i have my midterm monday
pretty comfortable with the material if you need help bro

also i like Sloppy Toppy off Days Before Rodeo way too much lol

introductory. there's nothing i really need help understanding. it's just being able to retain all of it is the problem.

thanks for the offer though.

big ander

Math is the language of the universe, brehs.

I was all like this til 400 level analysis/and then topology. was the first time I ran into a subject in math I just could not wrap my head around, no matter how many hours I spent studying and putting time in on the hwk. Was like, with anything in calc, stat, basic number theory, linear/modern algebra I could look at a problem and even if I didn't know the answer I'd have at least some idea of how to approach the thing, what the crux of the problem was and what I was supposed to be using to solve it. Analysis it felt like I could stare at a problem for 3 hours and come up with nothing while others would take one look and be "oh obviously you do all this crazy shit until this looks like this" And from there I felt like it was just useless. by second semester, not having gotten anything in the entire previous semester, I was just internet crowd sourcing sub-problems or comparison problems to figure out these magic solutions to shit that was a mile over my head

Esch

Banned
O chem sucks but lab was fun as fuck. I enjoyed that one. We synthesized some aromatic compounds, banana and mint scents. Smelled nice, but....these girls in my lab start rubbing the banana scent on themselves like "ohh, smells so good!". Everyone is like WTF

rub poorly made undergrad racemic mixtures all over yourselves brehs

give yourselves cancer brehs

LZ25ovw.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
O chem sucks but lab was fun as fuck. I enjoyed that one. We synthesized some aromatic compounds, banana and mint scents. Smelled nice, but....these girls in my lab start rubbing the banana scent on themselves like "ohh, smells so good!". Everyone is like WTF

LZ25ovw.gif

Were they cacs?

CRS

LZ25ovw.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Courage

LZ25ovw.gif

im dying

cdyhybrid

I was all like this til 400 level analysis/and then topology. was the first time I ran into a subject in math I just could not wrap my head around, no matter how many hours I spent studying and putting time in on the hwk. Was like, with anything in calc, stat, basic number theory, linear/modern algebra I could look at a problem and even if I didn't know the answer I'd have at least some idea of how to approach the thing, what the crux of the problem was and what I was supposed to be using to solve it. Analysis it felt like I could stare at a problem for 3 hours and come up with nothing while others would take one look and be "oh obviously you do all this crazy shit until this looks like this" And from there I felt like it was just useless. by second semester, not having gotten anything in the entire previous semester, I was just internet crowd sourcing sub-problems or comparison problems to figure out these magic solutions to shit that was a mile over my head

The universe is a mysterious place.

Were they cacs?

Rhetorical question right?

LZ25ovw.gif

labs are fun except when your partner doesn't want to be proactive
but even that has its advantages aka you order them around and at least they listen

CRS

Man, my only statistics experience was fucking shitty. It was the first year the teacher ever taught it and I was not ready for the AP exam at all. Didn't help that I had another AP test for it right before it.

Math is easy af fuck stat and accounting tho

But history is the woat subject. Cant believe u can actually major in that shit

classical (mechanical) physics is woat man
why the fuck do i care about the angle of a ball on an incline
quantum physics is incredibly interesting though

DominoKid

i always loved history classes. so easy. only time it really sucked was when we had to write those long ass papers.

i swear teachers don't actually read them when they grading them. i know i wouldn't.

Math is easy af fuck stat and accounting tho

But history is the woat subject. Cant believe u can actually major in that shit
Stats and accounting are both easy. I'm taking calc, again so yeah. Although i had an A on my first exam, so I'm hoping to continue the streak

i always loved history classes. so easy. only time it really sucked was when we had to write those long ass papers.

i swear teachers don't actually read them when they grading them. i know i wouldn't.

Upper Div History was cool. I took a few courses, and that got super interesting. But unless you're in those higher levels it's not that enjoyable (cause it's mostly taking Survey Courses), unless you're not into that stuff.
I was and I still sorta hated it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Stats is easy as fuck, so long as you didn't sleep through algebra. I took several psych-specific stats courses, but they're essentially the same concepts.

My working theory is that anyone in post-secondary that isn't good with math didn't have a good time with algebra for whatever reason. Shit is a life skill.

cacophony

history is tight, how can you dislike history? unless it's taught boring as fuck like rote learning

i just cant give a fuck about shit that already happened, why would i want to learn about wars and shit

in one of my prereq's the history professor spent the first lecture telling us why we need to learn history. that about says it all to me.

re: stat. yall must have some easy classes or something. its like the one class i struggled w/ in college and im really good at math. takes like 30 minutes to do one problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom