• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

now please dont let his album be filled with fashion killas and wild for the nites fuck bein polite

im going

wooooooooooooooo woowowowo

mooooose

Song is perfect for Rocky, does exactly what he does best. Is he ever going to give you dope lyrics? Nope. Is he ever gonna give you dope song ideas? Nah.

We listen to A$AP Rocky to hear a guy talk that suspect swaggeur over multilayered beats with some hypnotic flow. The beat is great. I love the tension that's isnt realized in the beat until that interlude. I love the percussion, it's sparse yet sharp, reminding me of another beat i love- Beez in the Trap. The interlude... I dunno. It's cool, not sure if i'm feeling the filter they threw on rocky's vocals but it's fine otherwise. Perfect chill head nodder with a dash of menace. Hope his next effort follows up on the promise here.
His verses on tko remix and that movie soundtrack were some pretty good bars for rocky, I thought he was stepping his pen game up

Song is perfect for Rocky, does exactly what he does best. Is he ever going to give you dope lyrics? Nope. Is he ever gonna give you dope song ideas? Nah.

We listen to A$AP Rocky to hear a guy talk that suspect swaggeur over multilayered beats with some hypnotic flow. The beat is great. I love the tension that's isnt realized in the beat until that interlude. I love the percussion, it's sparse yet sharp, reminding me of another beat i love- Beez in the Trap. The interlude... I dunno. It's cool, not sure if i'm feeling the filter they threw on rocky's vocals but it's fine otherwise. Perfect chill head nodder with a dash of menace. Hope his next effort follows up on the promise here.
Agreed completely, off to a strong start

Esch

Banned
rocky song aint bad but how ya'll gon clown krit's hooks with this kinda effort tho

Rocky delivers his hooks and punchlines convincingly quality aside, Krit forces his hard and they fall pretty flat a lot of the time, especially if he's trying to sell something about pussy/paper/hype.

yadda yadda not what you say, how you say it yadda yadda

Tokubetsu

I prefer when he's riding a beat, not sitting atop it. This track is more "Pain" and "Kissin Pink" when prefer stuff like "BNG", "Bass" and "Angels."

Rocky is fake as hell and he doesn't even have any clever lines, wordplay, adlibs, or even good hook making skills.
Agreed but I don't think any of that ruined this particular song for me. The flow is so boring over what is a somewhat menacing beat. Rocky has so many song like this, I don't feel like this one sticks out at all. It's not bad, just meh.

I feel like Ferg would have killed this.

IrishNinja

Rocky delivers his hooks and punchlines convincingly quality aside, Krit forces his hard and they fall pretty flat a lot of the time, especially if he's trying to sell something about pussy/paper/hype.

yadda yadda not what you say, how you say it yadda yadda

fair points, but i don't put weak under a microscope as well i guess, just sounds skippable/wasted on either end, with respect to varying levels of bad

HiResDes

The flow is what makes it. The production has always been the star in Rocky songs, so I don't really give a shit about clever lines or whatever, he just needs to hold a flow on the beat (which he normally does)

There are literally thousands of rappers that could hold a flow on that beat.

Esch

Banned
Rocky should just continue to go all in on being cold, sociopath, and just ignorant. Not in like an offensive way but in like a cacophony type ignorance where you just don't care about what happens in the world around you. A rolling ball of self absorbance. Kinda like Chief Keef but with better rapping.

I would be down w/that.

Kwixotik

Y'all notice the Ratking graffiti?

That's pretty cool

fSaOxR4.png

Yeah that diss makes no sense since Juicy is on the track... Or it makes perfect sense and Juicy is aware of the diss and attacking his old members through Rocky? But that doesn't make any sense because they are on good terms.

iavi

New Asap goes

And that interlude is hot as hell. It doesn't fit here, but it's hot as hell. I'm guessing that's a separate track?

Courage

Rocky should just continue to go all in on being cold, sociopath, and just ignorant. Not in like an offensive way but in like a cacophony type ignorance where you just don't care about what happens in the world around you. A rolling ball of self absorbance. Kinda like Chief Keef but with better rapping.

I would be down w/that.

Sounds pretty good. While Ferg just keeps his style as the more playful rapper that integrates witty wordplay and everything else Des wants. They'd complement each other well tbh

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

I would be down w/that.
Yeah he could use a little fire in his content. bragging about brands and lean and blowjobs gets a little boring.

PBY

Banned
Still can't believe he took shots at been trill fam

#pray4virgil

also.... kendrick internet hype just got crushed 9bh

I'm late to this conversation, but I'm a history major (
JgZs64Q.png
) and I'd like to just wax irrelevant for a minute.

I'd always found history really interesting as a kid, mostly because it's an incredibly rich exercise in retaining as much trivial information as possible, which is really appealing to a sentient repository of knowledge with massive intellectual inferiorities (if I'm keeping shit 100, a large part of what sparked this was my dad introducing me to civ
JgZs64Q.png
). At first, I think the immediate appeal is your standard fare adolescent male fantasy shit: armies, empires, swords, kings, brown people, etc; and I don't think there's really much of a difference between, say a historical figure like Ghengis Khan or fucking Gandalf to a young kid with his/her nose in books. Point being, context for what history/historiography is doesn't set in until a certain point.

Truisms like "doomed to repeat it"/"learn from mistakes" are trite and reductive to conversation. The real reasons I'm drawn to the subject are the methods in which universal tropes in life make themselves evident through social constructions: religion/myth/culture/government/conflict. Stories that transcend time, era, and geographical location to reveal/relate to something that is wholly human. History's most important lessons aren't, imo, explanations of how we got to point B from point A; rather, they describe what humanity is in a way that is so much more immediate than what the arts/humanities/STEM fields can offer. That's why I'm in the field, why I find it so compelling, and why I'm presumably sacrificing a legitimate career for a lifetime spent in the crushing existentialism of modern academia.

JgZs64Q.png

Esch

Banned
JgZs64Q.png

I'd always found history really interesting as a kid, mostly because it's an incredibly rich exercise in retaining as much trivial information as possible, which is really appealing to a sentient repository of knowledge with massive intellectual inferiorities (if I'm keeping shit 100, a large part of what sparked this was my dad introducing me to civ
JgZs64Q.png
). At first, I think the immediate appeal is your standard fare adolescent male fantasy shit: armies, empires, swords, kings, brown people, etc; and I don't think there's really much of a difference between, say a historical figure like Ghengis Khan or fucking Gandalf to a young kid with his/her nose in books. Point being, context for what history/historiography is doesn't set in until a certain point.

Truisms like "doomed to repeat it"/"learn from mistakes" are trite and reductive to conversation. The real reasons I'm drawn to the subject are the methods in which universal tropes in life make themselves evident through social constructions: religion/myth/culture/government/conflict. Stories that transcend time, era, and geographical location to reveal/relate to something that is wholly human. History's most important lessons aren't, imo, explanations of how we got to point B from point A; rather, they describe what humanity is in a way that is so much more immediate than what the arts/humanities/STEM fields can offer. That's why I'm in the field, why I find it so compelling, and why I'm presumably sacrificing a legitimate career for a lifetime spent in the crushing existentialism of modern academia.

JgZs64Q.png
iQsjKn9y4pJPi.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Still can't believe he took shots at been trill fam

#pray4virgil

also.... kendrick internet hype just got crushed 9bh
Wonder if this adds to the rumours that Kanye doesn't fuck with Rocky.

New song is wow. Very different, and an evolution of his sound. Who would've thought that Rocky of all people would have made the transition from first album to second album smoother than Kendrick.

While were at it, GAF-Hop's turn on Rocky was arguably worse than Krizzle's.

cacophony

JgZs64Q.png

JgZs64Q.png

JgZs64Q.png

833423801.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom