• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Great post Courage. I actually need to listen to Organized Konfusion still.

Quoting to remember after work.
I actually think Q has become a better rapper since dropping his album, and all these kids rock bucket hats in NYC. He can definitely be the number 2 on the label, he just needs a catchy radio song to get maximum exposure.
Shit, even then, Q is eating for sure. People thought he wouldn't have a successful album, wouldn't finish the tour, album was touted as the worst shit ever. Thinking his next album will be HnC great.

Overall, I think this whole album is justified in being called a classic. It sounds abrasive, ominous, yet personal, emotional and funny. No flashy gimmicks. No BS. Just an earnest rap duo spitting their lungs out on some timeless beats.

Amazing album. Still impressive even after the 100th listen. It's like 2 guys from the year 5000 sent back in time to rap over jazzy and dark boom bap.

10632050_300470980149459_52299231_n.jpg

Boo more tunes from currensy to sleep too
how many times is he going to keep using his boring flow
Big sean is better

dude one of the most consistent artist putting out music
damn, he just picks the best beats to ride over
Such a hard working man, he is like your drug dealer giving you extra weed, why complain about him giving you too much no one said you had to smoke it all at once!!

There.

People are gonna buy it. Let's be real, they may not put up ridiculous numbers but folks will buy the album and the speakers.

Hardcore fans will definitely buy it but so much time has passed and their last official album was a clunker. Maybe the it being the last Wu album will cause it to move more units but I'm having doubts.

I want it to do well but I can't ignore reality

fam i gotta be real with yall
i broke up with my gf of almost two years a couple weeks ago
shit is mad depressing
im drunk as fuck right now just got home
just made out with another girl for the second time since
can close tomorrow no probs
but still so weird
but making progress i guess
getting over someone is tough
especially when you both still want to be friends
you feel me

gotta be real and honest with yourself sometimes ya know

IrishNinja

syph - we in the same place right now...didn't wanna get into this much right now but this last week, i broke up with my girl of nearly 9 years, fam. shit was one of the hardest things ive had to do but it was no longer healthy & we both needed some changes, starting with that.

i was down too but can't stay that way, it was my decision & all and there's a lot that needs focusing on, you know? as far as the friends thing, no doubt it's possible but i'm trying to take it very slow before even looking down that road; rush it and you'll be right back or just end up burning it, i think.

it's your call, i'd say mash if you can for catharsis if that works for you man; if not, don't - last thing you need right now is more complications. anyway fam we both gonna be alright, just keep movin one day at a time.

cdyhybrid

...last post was a little too real so let's talk bout that wu-tang speaker

Tangentially related but anyone have recommendations for good value PC speakers? Don't have a ton of money to spend (a few hundred is doable), but I'd like a sub. No surround, don't have the set-up for it.

Also, keep your head up man. You'll be alright.

Tokubetsu

syph - we in the same place right now...didn't wanna get into this much right now but this last week, i broke up with my girl of nearly 9 years, fam. shit was one of the hardest things ive had to do but it was no longer healthy & we both needed some changes, starting with that.

i was down too but can't stay that way, it was my decision & all and there's a lot that needs focusing on, you know? as far as the friends thing, no doubt it's possible but i'm trying to take it very slow before even looking down that road; rush it and you'll be right back or just end up burning it, i think.

it's your call, i'd say mash if you can for catharsis if that works for you man; if not, don't - last thing you need right now is more complications. anyway fam we both gonna be alright, just keep movin one day at a time.

Damn man! I knew you were with her for awhile but nine years fuck. If you feel like you made the right decision though thats half the battle. Hope next weeks better!

overcast

Hey, stay strong Syph and Irish. Can't do much except stay busy and keep occupied to move on. It's no problem writing your problems out here either.

i thought you were married that whole time. that's a really long relationship. but if you ended it for reasons you deduced then you'll get through it in time brah.

listen to the breakup playlist: lil mama i'm sorry, 808s and heartbreak

Keep your heads up Syph and Irish, and remember to love yourselves.

New Wu...yea it won't sell great but everything gets a boost from Black Friday, especially established brands. At least they'll be out for Christmas but still...missed opportunity. I wonder what type of deal they got btw. I can't imagine RZA signing a 360 since it wouldn't hurt him as much as the group lol. Outside of RZA and Meth I get the impression that the Wu is broke. At least Deck made some dough on the independent route with Czarface.

HiResDes

Tangentially related but anyone have recommendations for good value PC speakers? Don't have a ton of money to spend (a few hundred is doable), but I'd like a sub. No surround, don't have the set-up for it.

Also, keep your head up man. You'll be alright.

Alright let me convince you first that most of the subs that come with the bookshelf/desktop sets are quite underwhelming and don't really add anything at all, especially in comparison to the really good speaker sets in the range. Here are some suggestions in your range:

Swan D1080-IV
Refurbished Pair of BX5 D2s

Or basically make your own setup with an amp and passive speakers like this

Topping T22 or Dayton Audio DTA-120 + Pioneer BS22 or Cambridge S20 or Micca MB42X or Fluance SX6

I really like the Swan set if you don't want to mess around with an amp and passive speakers. However, the awesome thing about buying a passive set is that you can come back and add a subwoofer later if you want to make them sound even better.

Here are some good budget subwoofers:

HiResDes

Seems like Gaf-Hop would enjoy posted in the electronic thread:

Tracklisting

1. Spooky Black - Take The Blame So I Don't Have To
2. Paul Fisher - On My Life [Mr. Mitch 'If U Mean It' Rabit Mix]
3. Mickey Pearce ft Denzel Curry & Sweyn Jupiter - Better Lean*
4. Ikonika - You Won't Find It Here [VIP] Alex Deamonds Edit]
5. Future ft. Pusha T - Move That Dope [J.D. Reid Remix]
6. Cliques - Chro [Wen Remix]
7. Jim-E-Stack - Run
8. Todd Edwards - I'm Not Afraid *
9. Tom Trago - One Trago Jam *
10. Bicep - Lyk
11. Rae Sremmurd - No Type
12. Denzel Curry x Logos - Steel Pulse x Zone 3 [GAGE Edit]
13. Dro Carey - ITSFOMO
14. Ethulwulf - What's The Play
15. Baauer - Comp Aliz [XCLUSIV]
16. Taskforce - Laojiao
17. Young Thug - I Just Might
18. Tinashe - 2 On [DJ Uniiqu3 Remix]
19. Alex Coulton - Equilibrium
20. Lil Wil x Dat Oven - Hit My Icy Lake [Total Freedom x Rabit Edit]
21. DJ Smokey - Racks Everywhere
22. Chief Keef - F
23. Skepta - Not Your Average Joe
24. Lil Ugly Mane - Last Breath
25. D Double E - Wolly [Oneman Dub]
26. Mumdance ft. Riko - Take Time [XCLUSIV]
27. Sam Tiba - Don't School Me*
28. Kingdom - Sippin Choral
29. Stormzy - Not That Deep
30. Youngstar - Formula 2
31. Sinden ft. Main Attraktionz - Space Walk *
32. Myth x Beatking - Throw That Ass x Air [Rabit Edit]
33. Dro Carey - Deepwell
34. Fekky - Still Sittin Here [Grime Allstars Remix]
35. Chemist - Defiance [Rabit Remix]
36. Mumdance ft. Tim Vocals - Animal *
37. Canblaster & Sam Tiba - Tension [XCLUSIV]
38. Ryan Hemsworth ft. Trim - Difficulties *

Also I have an important question:

Is half of this Rich Gang tape really in 96kbps?

Cheddahz

Banned
...last post was a little too real so let's talk bout that wu-tang speaker

Sometimes, the players have to keep it real

To the both of you, keep your heads up. Shit is going to seem like it's all going downhill, but it's not. Just do what you enjoy doing and just have fun

just woke up, wanted to say you guys are awesome and the words are appreciated
and irish if you ever need to vent just send me a pm

on a lighter note, some guy at the bar was trying to convince me ace hood is the best in the game...must've had a few too many

If anyone is having an awful week/day/morning at least it isn't this bad

My parents called me and told me to come over and I see this.

My stupid ass brother was driving drunk and rear ended a truck going 60. As if that wasn't bad enough he tried to get out of his car and run only to get tackled by someone. He's 19 as well so that fool is in serious trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom