• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

It's not even worth discussing in that thread. Travi$ Scott didn't really understand the context of the situation, but the general point Boosie was trying to make was that communities need to stop infighting and trying so hard to tear themselves apart before they can start pointing fingers to other people that are responsible as well. But once again, ain't nobody tryna have a conversation about the topic at hand, just the most sensationalist line that doesn't even go with everything else said or discussed in the interview. Yeah he shouldn't of said that, but let's pour our energy into that instead of the root of his sentiments.

Never thought it'd get it's own GAF thread though. I guess Boosie is still poppin'.

It's not really about race, it's more of class thing. Social conditioning is where the true culprit lies.

cacophony

https://soundcloud.com/sonnydigital/sonny-digital-im-the-man-produced-by-sonny-digital

MaxB.gif

Esch

Banned
This new Diamond D album is extra boilerplate. I keep waiting for a DITC member to have a career revival and it never comes :[

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Boosie had a point in that people within a community (regardless of race) have a tendency to harm rather than hurt each other. The sources behind that fact of life could be debated forever. Is it our human nature to find others to be in conflict with? Is it modern society that encourages jealousy and a desire to take what others have? Is it education or entertainment or drugs or alcohol or fucking pokemon? The cause could be everything or nothing. But the fact that people hurt other people within a community, small or large, white or black or latino or asian or mixed, is undeniable.

Meant to add that while boosie had a point, he presented it like a fucking idiot and managed to throw in enough stupid to invalidate himself.

intra racial murder dominates every race's murder stats yet only black-on-black violence is discussed and hand wrung over. Shit is pathetic. 86% of white murder victims are killed by white people.

siddx

intra racial murder dominates every race's murder stats yet only black-on-black violence is discussed and hand wrung over. Shit is pathetic. 86% of white murder victims are killed by white people.

I don't think the hand wringing itself is an issue, just that a certain portion of the people doing the hand wringing are doing it to perpetrate stereotypes and be able to go "see, told you those black folk are dangerous thugs!!"

siddx

A lack of a car last 2+ years has really taken a toll on my music listening. And now that I have a motorbike and no longer walk everywhere with headphones on, my music listening time is relegated to when I work out. Sad as fuck.

siddx

I didn't have the patience to find out what exactly he said to get banned but his "evilore's shiny boat shoes" comment made me want to give him a medal.

Courage

From a commercial aspect, TWO sold pretty decently.

Makonnen's "Tuesday" also entered the Hot 100 recently, so I see him rising soon too (they're both trash, don't get me wrong).

Which brings me to the next thing I wanted to talk about:

I LOVE MAKONNEN: The hip-hop artist born Makonnen Sheran debuts at No. 90 with "Tuesday," which features his OVO imprint boss Drake. The latter star notches his 72nd Hot 100 entry, lifting him past the Beatles (71) for sole possession of the chart's eighth-most visits all-time.

Well damn.

Yeah, all 3 are pretty good rappers. I think I prefer them as individuals than a group though, but maybe this album will change my mind. I'm looking forward to it regardless.
I wish groups would show some damn versatility these days. Wu remains the blueprint IMO: every rapper doesn't need to be on every song, every verse doesn't need to be 16 or 32 bars, every song doesn't need a verse-chorus-verse structure, etc. IMO that's why solo albums tend to trump group projects these days.

Diamond District has three rappers with very different styles, all with dope solo shit. Why not let that shine and do something different than just follow rap group dynamics yo. Lemme get some back n forth between Oddisee and XO, give someone a solo track, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom