• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iLOVEmacaroni is proof how easy it is to pop if you're a singy songy rapper in 2014

I think it's still much of a novelty in the game.

Also proof how powerful Drake's cosigns are.

Courage

a type 2 diabetes Bison Dele motherfucker.

holy fucking shit

lmfao

iLOVEmacaroni is proof how easy it is to pop if you're a singy songy rapper in 2014

I think it's still much of a novelty in the game.

Also proof how powerful Drake's cosigns are.
That's all it is breh. There's a bunch of singy songy rappers that won't blow up, but Makonnen probably ate Drake's ass out and here we are.

https://soundcloud.com/sonnydigital/sonny-digital-im-the-man-produced-by-sonny-digital

MaxB.gif
Yo this gif is so appropriate. This is too hot

Esch

Banned
First a swap meet Weeknd, now a type 2 diabetes Bison Dele motherfucker. Drake is forming the wackiest crew in the game y'all...

I figured you'd fuck with him. His name is ilovemakkonen, and his actual name is makonnen.

He literally named his act I (love myself).

Look at Kendrick's influence in 2014.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
What the fuck is a Macaroon? Isn't that a fucking cookie? I am so behind the times recently.

had to do double take when i was streaming more saturday night car tunes, dat track ended up being champagne reign. whooo, that beat is smooth.

edit: paging toku, overcast etc..

TWIN PEAKS COMING BACK 2016

I'm currently rewatching S1 of Twin Peaks, enjoying it a bit more than the first time. Months ago I started S2...watched the first episode and quit. Just too retarded for me. I'm giving it a second chance. I like the characters, the atmosphere is cool and nostalgic but lord it's cheesy as fuck. And the music cues make it even more cheesy.

And yes I "get" that it's a parody of soaps.

the cheesy shit in season 2 is pretty wack, but just that overall atmosphere is hard to not like. lynch is a god at that kinda stuff.

plus you can tell how on point he is when he returns for those last few episodes in season 2, it goes right back on track to being a great series again.

I'm currently rewatching S1 of Twin Peaks, enjoying it a bit more than the first time. Months ago I started S2...watched the first episode and quit. Just too retarded for me. I'm giving it a second chance. I like the characters, the atmosphere is cool and nostalgic but lord it's cheesy as fuck. And the music cues make it even more cheesy.

And yes I "get" that it's a parody of soaps.

If you can't appreciate cheesy/quirky stuff then yeah, it won't be for you at all tbh.

HiResDes

It's slow as hell in here, we need a Kendrick drop. I thought something big was about to drop too can't remember what it was

And Cheddahz can I get some rapup love in the OP when you get a chance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's slow as hell in here, we need a Kendrick drop. I thought something big was about to drop too can't remember what it was
The new Kendrick single? New Rock? I think they're letting i breathe a bit, probably because it's target audience at Ellen picked it up.

Jamming to Aquarius right now. My waifu Tinashe delivered.

Esch

Banned
Brehs, what's your favorite triple entendre? I was just listening to Cashmere Thoughts and Hov says "the star player, the golden bar layer"

1. It's a song about hustling, he has gold
2. Bigging up his skills, he spits golden bar
3. 'Laying golden bars' a reference to this fable

Triple entendre don't ask me how

IrishNinja

dat twin peaks announcement!

day = made

the cheesy shit in season 2 is pretty wack, but just that overall atmosphere is hard to not like. lynch is a god at that kinda stuff.

plus you can tell how on point he is when he returns for those last few episodes in season 2, it goes right back on track to being a great series again.

Yeah s2 is stupid but ymmv. It was still fun to watch.

having recently seen it, the civil war reenactment stuff was the roughest, but for me the meat of it was the white/black lodge at the end, which fire walk with me got into moreso. but yeah i had to push past that bullshit, was pretty clear lynch was off somewhere getting high at that point

The new Kendrick single? New Rock? I think they're letting i breathe a bit, probably because it's target audience at Ellen picked it up.

Jamming to Aquarius right now. My waifu Tinashe delivered.

Hmm Tinashe's album is dope huh never really heard tI o much of her stuff is this new album a good introduction to her ?

Yeah so I know daily hits double is a pretty credible site but do they actually know Kanye and Kendrick are coming in Q4 ? If so the earliest they could come out to make that is late January I just don't think these albums are close to being finished for Q4.

Kendrick sounds like he's being pushed the released something asap. I still think early or mid November is likely. It would be idiotic not to strike during his holiday season.

Kanye...who cares.

Courage

Brehs, what's your favorite triple entendre? I was just listening to Cashmere Thoughts and Hov says "the star player, the golden bar layer"

1. It's a song about hustling, he has gold
2. Bigging up his skills, he spits golden bar
3. 'Laying golden bars' a reference to this fable

Triple entendre don't ask me how

"Fresh air rolling down my window
Too many Urkels on your team that's why you're/your Winslow/ winds low/ wins low"

May also be a quadruple entendre because of Toyman character Winslow Schott as the line that follows is "don't make me pull the toys out"

Kanye the lyrical god.

"Fresh air rolling down my window
Too many Urkels on your team that's why you're/your Winslow/ winds low/ wins low"

May also be a quadruple entendre because of Toyman character Winslow Schott as the line that follows is "don't make me pull the toys out"

Kanye the lyrical god.
Dope line

Esch

Banned
The dualities of Kanye calling other dudes Urkels

ikpgi6o0usj3c-gif.3783

I actually remember reading about Lupe having some dope triple entendre some where

Detox

The allusion is to brevity. Just as you have “140 characters” on Twitter to write your tweet, so you only have a very limited amount of time on the streets. A longer piece of writing like an essay would be a full, long life. A tweet is likened to a life cut short by violence. On Twitter, you can write a maximum of 140 characters per tweet. Hova thinks that 140 characters wouldn’t be enough in these streets, as the stories that he lived and the facts that he witnessed can’t be contained in such a small amount of letters.

Jay is playing on two meanings of the word “characters”: alphanumeric characters and human characters, as in weird, “wack” people (i.e. “What a character that dude is!”). He’s referring to the amount of phony and fake “characters” in the streets; or, maybe, he’s saying, “I ain’t wasting time with Twitter beef, I’ll just send 140 goons to your neighborhood to get you”; “characters” are the wierdos and crazies that’re coming after you if you keep running your mouth off.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hmm Tinashe's album is dope huh never really heard tI o much of her stuff is this new album a good introduction to her ?
I think it is. Her previous mixtape has a few more mellow joints, and material before that (haven't checked out those tapes in their entirety TBH) are more upbeat and poppy. The album is a good balance.

Kendrick is going to be back to the drawing board, while Kanye could be virtually finished I believe.
Reports of Kanye being finished were wrong. He's probably 2015.

Detox

All I know is if the God was halfway cognizant on his interview with Angie then we about to get another dope as fuck street single.

Trey

Yeah, Aquarius has all of Tinashe's best elements present, but also her worst (terrible skits and letting garbage rap verses pull down her best songs). You should definitely check out her mixtapes if you were feeling the album. Black Water is my personal favorite from her.

I actually remember reading about Lupe having some dope triple entendre some where

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is "trying to stop lyin' like I'm Mumm-ra, but I'm not lying when I'm laying on the beat."

Lying
Lion
Grammar fuckery with present participles and shit

Tokubetsu

Twin Peaks 2016 gonna be as good as the fourth season of Arrested Development
which is horrible

I don't think the 4th season of AD is horrible. It just suffers from the same thing a lot of these streaming shows do. Where it's completely front loaded with exposition and lay-ups. AD s4 doesn't start hitting the net joke wise until like eight episodes in and thats because they spent the entire time before it doing weird shit out of context. It's clever, addressing the way your show was brought back through it's format, but doesn't really make for great first TV viewing. Bojack Horseman has the same problem.

On Tinashe, yeah she honestly gets better with every release. I'd probably rate her output in the reverse order they dropped. So Aquarius > Black Water > Reverie > In Case We Die

I'm partial to a lot of stuff on Reverie though since it was my first release from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom