• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Twin Peaks 2016 gonna be as good as the fourth season of Arrested Development
which is horrible
I don't think David Lynch would do this unless he had something he thought was worthy. Plus, it can't be worse than episodes 10-18 of season 2 or w/e.

Season 4 of AD was bad because it focused on 1 character per episode for half the season. The characters just aren't strong enough on their own. I loved the dynamics between characters they had going in seasons 1-3, where some eps had GOB/Lindsay, Buster/Geoege Michael, etc. I can't even think of memorable jokes off Season 4 besides a few of the GOB centric ones. Don't even know if AD is coming back or not.

DominoKid

BzREebcIYAAdMK4.jpg

I missed it until i checked the thread out.

I'll give Fazoland another shot. Heard the lil homie on Common's album recently. Speaking of Common, I heard Rewind That (super dope) and decided to finally listen to the album. Got to the Jhene Aiko track and had to quit. Some dope early tracks but that track was trash and killed my vibe last night, so I retired for the night instead of listening to the entire album.

BTW I've been listening to the radio recently and WOW @ the editing on Hot Nigga by Bobby Shmurda. What's the point of even playing it if you have to edit every other word, shit sounds horrible. You can't say "neck" on the radio now? smh.

I keep hearing Seen It All on the radio too, and wow...you really can't fully comprehend how average and utterly nondescript Jeezy is as a rapper until you hear him on a track with a good or great rapper. In this case Hov, who just bombs the track with dope line after dope line. Clearly the best way to create a dope Jay-Z album today is to trick him into thinking he's doing feature verses for middling rappers (Jeezy, Ross, etc), etch their name out, put Jigga on top, and drop albums non stop.

I'll give Fazoland another shot. Heard the lil homie on Common's album recently. Speaking of Common, I heard Rewind That (super dope) and decided to finally listen to the album. Got to the Jhene Aiko track and had to quit. Some dope early tracks but that track was trash and killed my vibe last night, so I retired for the night instead of listening to the entire album.

BTW I've been listening to the radio recently and WOW @ the editing on Hot Nigga by Bobby Shmurda. What's the point of even playing it if you have to edit every other word, shit sounds horrible. You can't say "neck" on the radio now? smh.

I keep hearing Seen It All on the radio too, and wow...you really can't fully comprehend how average and utterly nondescript Jeezy is as a rapper until you hear him on a track with a good or great rapper. In this case Hov, who just bombs the track with dope line after dope line. Clearly the best way to create a dope Jay-Z album today is to trick him into thinking he's doing feature verses for middling rappers (Jeezy, Ross, etc), etch their name out, put Jigga on top, and drop albums non stop.

Was thinking that when The Devil Is A Lie dropped and the feeling was only confirmed with that Jeezy track.

He can't think Ye is involved at all or we might get WTT-tier lazy raps.

Was thinking that when The Devil Is A Lie dropped and the feeling was only confirmed with that Jeezy track.

He can't think Ye is involved at all or we might get WTT-tier lazy raps.

Yea keep Ye away. Bringing Ye around Hov today is like giving peanut brittle to an elderly man. He's just gonna sit down and laze about, slowly eating his delectable treat while grunting semi-coherent one word responses to everything. Might ask you to turn the baseball game on the radio but that's about it.

Esch

Banned

I agree. I think Jeezy's constipated delivery has its appeal but when you put him within sniffing distance of true greatness he looks bad. As for Jay I think you need to pair him with a very specific type of artist, in a specific age range. Too young (Kendrick) and you get something a little too casual.

ima stay holding out for these Jay Electronica collaborations.

And yea no Kanye please. He doesn't try unless the guy on the track is official.

Yea I can't see Hov spitting some Tom Ford nonsense with Jay Elect in the room - you know Jay Elect is crazy enough to straight up say "oh I got you now, that shit was wack my brotha." Jay Elect got Mos Def to throw his scat singing shit into the bushes and spit real verses (Holiday, Exhibit A remix), I'm sure he'd work wonders on Hov.

...not that I'm getting my hopes up for any Jay Elec related content to be released this year...

Imagine Jay Elect in a studio showing off pics of his homely girl on his smartphone yall. You know he does that shit. Got her spread bald eagle wearing a fez cap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
the fuck is meow the jewels?

looking forward to every indie producer using those drums for the next 2 years though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom