• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
10610978_708878589197828_2090427377_n.jpg
Is this from a Key & Peele sketch?

mooooose

makonnen was gonna blow on some scale anyway, he's had the attention of people like ryan hemsworth since the beginning of the year and he was working with popping producers anyway. i didnt totally get the dude either other than some of the more accessible songs but i had it explained to me like this:

"makonnen is like when youre a little kid and you're just making up songs and singing, except he records it"

makonnen is like when youre eating some bomb ass mac and cheese as a kid and youre just crooning about it, but he put it on wax. like he just freestyles that shit to an extreme and its obvious and it comes out surprisingly dope

after that, i understood him, and i dont think hes amazing but i see potential in him writing dope songs like tuesday, among a lot of other shittier songs, but hes always writing unfiltered shit and he has a passion so let the guy live

its a pretty cool fit for drake to take him because hes probably just going to have him write and demo a bunch of shit for his new album, and when its not makonnen's voice (which is undeniably dumb sounding and bad), itll sound cooler

cacophony

You're credited right? Has anyone hit you up? That track is probably one of my faves on that album too

Also that's a good description moooose

thanks, yeah im credited but no ones hit me. couple a&rs have linked me w/ artist but everything gets ignored, its exactly like yung gud said in that interview "There have been a couple of bigger rappers. But with them, they reach out, I respond, they respond back, I send something, and then they disappear."

shit is kind of annoying tbh. im giving you free beats, if you dont fuck with them at least tell me youre not feeling them

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
thanks, yeah im credited but no ones hit me. couple a&rs have linked me w/ artist but everything gets ignored, its exactly like yung gud said in that interview "There have been a couple of bigger rappers. But with them, they reach out, I respond, they respond back, I send something, and then they disappear."

shit is kind of annoying tbh. im giving you free beats, if you dont fuck with them at least tell me youre not feeling them
Sucks to hear. Hope you're at least sending them to anyone you can or trying to hook up with smaller artists. All the stories of producers blowing up always seem to start with a weed carrier or someone passing along some hot stuff.

cacophony

Sucks to hear. Hope you're at least sending them to anyone you can or trying to hook up with smaller artists. All the stories of producers blowing up always seem to start with a weed carrier or someone passing along some hot stuff.

lol yeah like ~70 unsolicited emails from ppl's emails i see on twitter. tried working with some local dudes, same shit.

idk you have to have ppl approach you imo. and my shit gotta get hotter

PBY

Banned
lol yeah like ~70 unsolicited emails from ppl's emails i see on twitter. tried working with some local dudes, same shit.

idk you have to have ppl approach you imo. and my shit gotta get hotter

^haven't had either the minor success (or even have the same skill you have)

but my experience has been the same, even w/ D tier datpiff rappers

Now im working 15+ hrs a day, no time for that bullshit

makonnen was gonna blow on some scale anyway, he's had the attention of people like ryan hemsworth since the beginning of the year and he was working with popping producers anyway. i didnt totally get the dude either other than some of the more accessible songs but i had it explained to me like this:

"makonnen is like when youre a little kid and you're just making up songs and singing, except he records it"

makonnen is like when youre eating some bomb ass mac and cheese as a kid and youre just crooning about it, but he put it on wax. like he just freestyles that shit to an extreme and its obvious and it comes out surprisingly dope

after that, i understood him, and i dont think hes amazing but i see potential in him writing dope songs like tuesday, among a lot of other shittier songs, but hes always writing unfiltered shit and he has a passion so let the guy live

its a pretty cool fit for drake to take him because hes probably just going to have him write and demo a bunch of shit for his new album, and when its not makonnen's voice (which is undeniably dumb sounding and bad), itll sound cooler
This post is like the soulja girl creed brehs. It's The Emperor Has No Clothes, with 808s. So he makes bad music but it's ok because it's like recording yourself while taking a shit: you're just in the moment humming to yourself and tapping your toes when you accidentally Beethoven.

Camp Lo

Banned
...hasn't Camp Lo been posting here forever?

Yeah I'm really confused

Nah, just started after HiDesRes put us on blast in that favorite genre thread.

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - East
• Favorite Artist - right now, probably Action Bronson or Troy Ave
• Best feature killer - Ross
• Favourite producer - Jahlil Beats
• Favourite album - Jay Z's American Gangster
• What's in your playlist right now? - Vince Staples, Action Bronson, Jay Z, Gudda Gudda, Youngbloodz

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: CD = LR > Rest
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghostface
• Jay Z or Nas? Jay
• Biggie or Pac? Big
• What’s your dream album/project? Solo Andre 3000 album. It's never gonna happen but damn I want it
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? No Lay aka Bella Gotti
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Kanye on both points
• Have you been known to eat ass? Drake? Yeah, probably Drake
]

Esch

Banned
interesting. don't think I've ever seen this before lol.

great album tho.
I've actually heard a lot of people say that on other sites and a couple times in the OT.

Still #6 in Jay's discography to me. It kinda fits in a weird sonic niche for him. I run to that album a lot.

I find a lot of the tracks on American Gangster really replayable. I know a lot of people think it's whatever, but man aside from Hello Brooklyn, I Know, and Party Life, the rest of those tracks are great.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
man, I forgot about Hello Brooklyn. fuuuuuuck that song.

Roc Boys, Success, and the title track are the standouts to me.

cdyhybrid

I think we should do a GAF-Hop Listens plug for The Black Album somewhere around December the 4th
which is also my born day, shoutout to Hov

Edit: Or Nov. 13th since that was the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom