• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they sampling Carlos Santana?

Meth,Deck,Ghost and RZA are on it. Their verse are good I just dont like the hook. The beat isn't really grimy like a Wu beat should.

Agreed. I almost like the beat....but it's too clean? If they're going to use those instrumentals they should reach for something a bit grimier or at least more raw and energetic. It just doesn't really click for me.

codhand

Are they sampling Carlos Santana?

Agreed. I almost like the beat....but it's too clean? If they're going to use those instrumentals they should reach for something a bit grimier or at least more raw and energetic. It just doesn't really click for me.

theyre trying to go for that live show / tour money with this record.

It frustrates me when they release something like that when they had this on the Man with The Iron Fists soundtrack:

The Wu-Tang Clan Ft. Kool G Rap - "Rivers of Blood"

theyre trying to go for that live show / tour money with this record.

See that doesn't bother me so much but there are better ways to get at that, and like capture at least some of the energy that they should be able to put up. This is like a song they perform on stage while they catch their breath after hitting another song really hard.

I feel like there's an ominous Wu beat somewhere in there, just sounds like there are too many layers for no reason.

And good looks thabiz. Liking that little tape.

HiResDes

I can't believe how good Stat Quo's from earlier this year is. Speaking of BBQ albums this shit will you cooking like an Iron Chef

cacophony

Female rappers now hold the title for the two longest-running No. 1s on Hot Rap Songs in the chart’s 25-year history. Iggy Azalea's "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, now has the second-most weeks at No. 1 ever (16). Azalea was previously tied at 15 weeks with Drake's "Best I Ever Had" (2009), Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" featuring Wanz (2013), and Pitbull's "Timber" featuring Kesha (2014).

lol @ someone who jacked mustard's sound having a bigger hit than he ever has

Female rappers now hold the title for the two longest-running No. 1s on Hot Rap Songs in the chart’s 25-year history. Iggy Azalea's "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, now has the second-most weeks at No. 1 ever (16). Azalea was previously tied at 15 weeks with Drake's "Best I Ever Had" (2009), Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' "Thrift Shop" featuring Wanz (2013), and Pitbull's "Timber" featuring Kesha (2014).

lol @ someone who jacked mustard's sound having a bigger hit than he ever has

When I heard Mustard didn't produce that I was stunned lol. The irony, heh.

Sooo when will Nicki diss Iggy.

big ander

Nicki doesn't need to diss Iggy, Iggy and "Fancy" are to today as Snow and "Informer" are to 1992. she'll go the fuck back to Australia and have a decently successful career and nobody outside that godforsaken island will have to hear her again

codhand

Dilated Peoples - Directors of Photography - Stream

tumblr_m9j6ysXYyP1qdubrdo1_500.jpg

cacophony

What do you guys think the best recent trap album/mixtapes are? I'm getting into it now and I just wanna hear the best shit

thanks

not all super recent but if ur just getting into it you prob havent heard them

Migos - YRN, No Label 2
FBG: The Movie
T.R.U. REALigion
Trap God
Back From The Dead
Rich Forever

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - East
• Favorite Artist - Kanye West
• Best feature killer - Kendrick
• Favourite producer - of all time? Kanye. right now? Apollo Brown.
• Favourite album - MBDTF
• What's in your playlist right now? - Madvilliany, Barrel Brothers, Trophies, Your Old Droog EP

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF > CD > LR > 808s > Graduation > Yeezus
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Rae's flow is legendary
• Jay Z or Nas? Jay-Z, though I usually prefer Nas' lyrical content
• Biggie or Pac? Pac
• What’s your dream album/project? Kendrick/Madlib collab. the world wouldn't be ready.
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Bronson if he plays his cards right
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? that dude off Clipping is the worst
• Have you been known to eat ass? nah

IrishNinja

another MBDTF head, eh

man even big ghostface calls that one a classic...just don't get it

edit codhands what's the best dilated shit out there then, i know i spent time with their discography in the aughts but it's been a minute

not trying to start the kanye cycle, but yeezus holds up incredibly well. may even be my favorite ye album.

about to dive into these new armand hammer and underachievers albums.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
another MBDTF head, eh

man even big ghostface calls that one a classic...just don't get it

can literally put on that album whenever I want and enjoy the hell out of it every time. the production is just so immaculate.

not trying to start the kanye cycle, but yeezus holds up incredibly well. may even be my favorite ye album. about to dive into these new armand hammer and underachievers albums.

I like Yeezus. it's just that when I compare it to the rest of his discography...it doesn't really hold up for me.

No lie, I can imagine Bronson killing a Mustard beat. Give him a nice catchy beat and a hook and his image and hilarious bars could fuck around and make a song that charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom