• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ye got the "I know they peepin this new bucket
HHDZVs5.png
HHDZVs5.png
HHDZVs5.png
" look on his face

In the 2nd pic;

Valet Guy:

"Have a good day Yeezus~Sama"

Ye:

"What? You want to know where I got this amazing denim bucket?"

that cover is powerful enough to smite an edomite in his tracks

hmmm don't remember the last time I heard a Metallica sample in a non-Kid Rock song. Dope.

Esch

Banned
Kanye put on a little weight there? Maybe bucket hats just make you gain weight.

That blvc god cover is awesome will listen.

HiResDes

can't disagree

...Also can't even listen to this Dilated Peoples, my aural senses are so desensitized at this point that it sounds rather plain and completely fails to captivate.

that's so vulgar

It's time for people to admit Pusha T is one of the most overrated rappers of the aughts. I love coke rap but Clipse never really did anything interesting IMO. Go listen to Ghost n Rae and listen to how vivid their lyrics are...then listen to Pusha T. Should tell you everything you need to know.

People who bring up Pusha T are three years removed from bringing up Immortal Technique as the "best rapper" or "only rapper with something to say." Nah. I remember when people were hyping his Drake diss, especially the contract line. Nevermind that Drake actually has majority control of his publishing. Fuckouttahere.

MNIMN is 6.5/10 material.

IrishNinja

even with the neptunes hate i really dont get how some of ya'll act like Lord Willin/HHNF weren't tight albums

I still don't get how people make to jump from decent to great in regards to MNIMN

eh it's about expectations, i expected to be bored of coke raps by like track 2 or 3 but it turned out to be a solid LP

I just went back to HHNF 2 days ago. That's still a great album. Everything about it clicks.

MNIMN had like 2 good tracks on it. Unsurprisingly, both of which sounded closest to that HHNF/Clipse sound.

I guess the Mase impersonation was good too, but that's just me.

Esch

Banned
even with the neptunes hate i really dont get how some of ya'll act like Lord Willin/HHNF weren't tight albums

Because when I listen to coke rap i want

1) Smooth shit
2) Grime
3) Epic banger

Not some discount, junior varsity Stomp! shit that Gwen Stefani and Britney Spears could release singles over.

Plus, Pusha is just goofy. He often oversells his lines and freestyles with pauses for effect, or corny faces:

6de25f4c_pusha-t-eghck.gif

MNIMN is pretty good. And Clipse put out a lot of really good material. His stuff with Kanye is always good too.

Overrated? Maybe but he's still interesting enough for me to consistently check out despite staying on one subject for so damn long.

He's done better over the years than most dudes from that same time. He even outlasted dudes who showed up after him.

I don't get the hate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MNIMN pretty much has all of the attributes of a great album. Standout tracks, great tracks that don't have to be singles (album cuts), unique production that plays both to an artist's strengths as an MC and is different from everything he's done before, content that is relevant to the MC but does not ruminate in stuff he's gone over before, mostly well-chosen features etc. And it executes. Not perfect (2-3 songs could use replacing), but a diamond in the rough and definitely one of the best examples of a good marriage between an MC and production in a while IMO.

Most of the criticisms of Pusha as an MC don't really apply to that album, and slightly less so to his mixtapes. It's pretty much the opposite of the stigma, if you can even call it one.

Esch

Banned
How did i never peep this interview tho?

Lil Wayne goes off on The Clipse in Complex (writer Toshitaka Kondo, Dec, 2006):
Lil Wayne: I thought the whole ‘Mr. Me Too’ video was about me, to tell you the damn truth. They think I want to be like them. I’m on a million-dollar bus going around the world charging people from $50,000 to $150,000 for verses, and I got 77 songs in magazines and I got a billion more. Do the math; you think I’m trying to be like you? No sir.

Complex: I’m sure you’ve heard…one of the things [The Clipse have] been saying is like ‘Yo, all these dudes, now they do the BAPE and coke rap… But before, that was us. We were the ones who started that.’ How do you feel about that?

Lil Wayne: I don’t rap about no coke. He ain’t talking about me. I don’t rap about no coke. I’ve been rich since I was 14 years old—off of selling records. I do not rap about no damn coke. If I say anything about coke, I speak the truth about it. I don’t go talking about I got none.
I ain’t got no bricks or I’m cooking up—for what? Why is you rapping then? If you cooking up coke what the fuck are you rapping for? Or why if you rapping, what the fuck are you cooking up coke for? Make some sense out of this shit…
Ya dig? I did it four times again after that, just on the charts. I ain’t gotta talk about no coke nor no fucking BAPEs. I got my own shoe out nigga, that OG collection Reebok nigga. I got my own jeans out nigga, W. Two Us, I’ve got my name—the W is gonna be on your bitch ass. Aight?

Complex: Okay.
Lil Wayne: Alright. Stop coming at me about that bullshit man. That’s how you get beef started man…
I don’t see niggas like that. You talking to the best. Talk to me like you’re talking to the best. I don’t see no fuckin’ Clipse. Come on man. Weezy, man. They had to do a song with us to get hot, B. “What Happened To That Boy?” C’mon B. Don’t do that, dog. This is a fucking legend you’re talking to right here. 14 years, B. How many years them niggas been around?
2000…
Who the fuck is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That nigga wore BAPEs and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot. C’mon man. C’mon now. The nigga walked around with niggas that looked like you, y’all thought he was crazy. If I did it, y’all gonna think these niggas are killers.

Vulgar.

MNIMN is pretty good. And Clipse put out a lot of really good material. His stuff with Kanye is always good too.

Overrated? Maybe but he's still interesting enough for me to consistently check out despite staying on one subject for so damn long.

He's done better over the years than most dudes from that same time. He even outlasted dudes who showed up after him.

I don't get the hate.

Feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom