• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Trey I'm checking out Trigga and it isn't half bad.

Keep in mind my R&B knowledge is pretty shit. Couldn't name more than 5 artists if you asked me. So. Yeah.

miguel-kicks-fan.gif

iavi

HiResDes

Between this and that last Drip-133 tape you and Biz were hyping in here, I've been COASTING.

Smooth

---

I like Miguel, but he gives me the impression of an artist that hasn't found his footing. When he's on he's ON--like in Vixen off of his debut LP--but when dude's off he's pretty fucking off--like in the majority of Kaleidoscope Dream

This is still probably my favorite from this year - http://bine.bandcamp.com/album/things-will-be-better-from-now-on

Vorheez

Yooo I'm checking out some staples based off your guys recommendations and just came across Nate, got me emotional over here bruh, shit hits me too close to home. Love this kid man, gonna keep an eye on him

big ander

this knicks remix EP has already been worth far more plays than I'd expect a follow-up EP of one remix one real track and loose beats to be. The Garden is a killer instrumental, Bronson is fun on Knicks remix and Badass actually has a good verse, and Home is a goddamn excellent track.

IrishNinja

oh wow, diggin this, thanks des

this knicks remix EP has already been worth far more plays than I'd expect a follow-up EP of one remix one real track and loose beats to be. The Garden is a killer instrumental, Bronson is fun on Knicks remix and Badass actually has a good verse, and Home is a goddamn excellent track.

yeah, was bumping this tonight & felt the same way too

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
1. Maad City

2. Sing About Me...

3. Money Trees

4. Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe

5. Sherane A.K.A. Master Splinter's Daughter

Flip sing about me to number 4 and you have my list. I actually like backstreet freestyle enough to have it as number 5 though. I know I'm the only one though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Cartoons and Cereal is what made me a Kendrick fan. I was kinda meh about it him until that was released. Just such a great fucking song.

CRS

cacophony

CLASSIC album of the week is JOurnals by justin bieber

talking about rnb when bieber dropped the hottest r&b album oty (december..close enough)

I do find it easier to revisit Russian Roulette as a whole. I've only grown to like it more and more with each listen.

If I redid my 2012 list today, it might bump GKMC out of the top 3 honestly.

Russian Roulette is special, I have listened to it beginning to end more than any rap album in the last 5 years, but GKMC is a better album.

RR reminds me of long peaceful walks during the winter, back when my car was FUBAR.

HiResDes

RR is good, but I don't get all of the hoopla about it. I still like Rawhyde better, to me it has the same adherence to concept and theme, but it's more blunt and bold.

HiResDes

Man brehs on KTT don't know about any rap from before 2012. With today being Thursday and all. I think we should have a weekly challenge to play a track older than ten years old that still bumps today. We shall call this event throwback thursday. Now in order to gain a bit more off-topic exposure maybe we should post everything in a separate thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135554917#post135554917

Stealth Edit: I went ahead and made the thread

Esch

Banned
So this comedian said that Tyrese sucked a producer's dick to get the role for Baby Boy and Tyrese responded with what might be the most vulgar shit I've seen in months. Sonned

JSU4YYU.png

Man brehs on KTT don't know about any rap from before 2012. With today being Thursday and all. I think we should have a weekly challenge to play a track older than ten years old that still bumps today. We shall call this event throwback thursday. Now in order to gain a bit more off-topic exposure maybe we should post everything in a separate thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=135554917#post135554917

This is why i was doing the retro album of the week, but you wasn't with me shooting in the dusty gym
S5UES6M.png

HiResDes

*DEAD*

...I did go back and listen to the DOC album though real talk a week later. I still like the retro album of the week idea even more, maybe we can incorporate that into the same thread?

overcast

Yeah, incorporating the two might be a good idea. How do we bring in that young soulja girl demographic? What's popping with kids living in suburbia with their mothers?

Esch

Banned
Posters in the GAF OT have listened to plenty of old classics for the most part, except for the Kanye pitchfork 2010 crossover garbagemen. Thats the majority of what gets posted in hip hop threads in the OT. Posters in this thread tho...
YN2skak.png
JgZs64Q.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom