• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't thinking about classic status until I finished the album. By the time maad city came on I knew it was AOTY tho.

Favorites from GKMC: BDKMV, Money Trees, Maad City

Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst makes that album though, by far the most important track, arguably the best too.

That's the kind of track you push an album back for. Get the producer to remake the beat without the sample or something. Hire everybody to help. Get Dr. Dre on the phone.

You don't just let that Gunplay verse rot in the back alleys of the internet.

Bruh, all those samples of bugs bunny and shit weren't getting cleared lol.

Kendrick has said that was the one song he wanted on the album really bad and I guess Interscope couldn't make it happen.

Makonnen Gettin Snuffed In the Club On A Tuesday

IrishNinja

ya'll talkin shit, cartoons & cereal is a great track, would've been top 3 on GKMC for sure but best? acting like you listen the album & genuinely feel shit's lacking? nah

Esch

Banned

iFcK3jEoRVKHR.gif

Man I love how the dude in the hoodie was just tappin him like

"Hey man I wanna tell you something"

"heeeyyyy come down here"

"im gettin a little restless lol pls bend down I'm trynna tell you someth- FUCK U NIGLET"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
the best part is as Makonnen is trying to get up, the dude with the champagne bottle is spilling all over him. That dude responded so quickly, and he was holding the thing like it was a dagger too bwahah

Lool dude had the Assasins Creed Hoodie on and everything as he faded into the crowd.
or maybe this lmao

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
vividly remember the first time I heard the beat switch on Maad City

shit blew my mind b

That's the kind of track you push an album back for. Get the producer to remake the beat without the sample or something. Hire everybody to help. Get Dr. Dre on the phone.

You don't just let that Gunplay verse rot in the back alleys of the internet.

It was the cartoon samples, and there's no way those would get greenlit regardless. You're not gonna have Bugs Bunny on a major rap album in 2012.

Still I would have tried to use more obscure cartoons or something, and saved it for the next album. That's a track you don't throw out for free IMO.

One thing I recently noticed was how similar Sherane AKA Master Splinter's Daughter is to Andre 3000's last song on the Love Below The Day in the Life of Andre Benjamin both have a eerie beat in the background while they both monotonously tell a story. Definitely see the 3k influence on K.dot on that track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom