• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Definitely think it's more varied. Part of that I think, and why I didn't like the first much, is Killer Mike shines/stands out a lot more here. Crown and Early in particular sound more like Killer Mike songs at least conceptually/lyrically.
Agreed. Mike sounds great and the production isn't all in the same lane here.

Since RTJ gave him a shoutout, I'd suggest the dudes Esch was talking about in this thread (who haven't heard much from the 80s/90s/early 00s) also add Akinyele - Vagina Diner to their list. Wholly produced by Large Professor the god.

I've heard it claimed ODB got the whole emphasis on random line enders (you'll know what I mean when you listen) from Ak too, but who knows. It's whatever either way.

Speaking of Akinyele, MFN Esquire shitted all on Kismet so everyone who tried to act like I was tripping when I said it wasn't that good and felt forced can eat shit

Check out the rapups in my post history, not sure why I got the OP snub (looking at Cheddahz) and also check out Rome Fortune small vvorld, which will make Q4 for sure.

Been hearing about dude... I'll check out Rome. Thanks.

Smh at that coward attack Makonnen like that. I'm a little bummed out how his homies didn't really pursue the guy besides that one dude from Rae Sremmurd..

Esch

Banned
Civ beyond earth is wonderful. Its still rough on the edges and isn't all the way there, but when the expansions are all rolled out it'll be god tier. Still really fun as is.

Civ beyond earth is wonderful. Its still rough on the edges and isn't all the way there, but when the expansions are all rolled out it'll be god tier. Still really fun as is.
That's pretty much when I'll get it. Those type of games I cannot see myself buying every 3-2 years because I generally play them for at least 5 tbh on and off. Hell, I still play Total War Rome lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Comparing Pinata to Banco is kind of a moot. You wouldn't compare Half-Baked to Blow or Evil Dead to Nosferatu. Just like you wouldn't be as likely to throw on Pinata during a House Party as you would Banco. Banco's weaknesses are weaknesses of the spectrum in which he's working, the subgenre if you will, more so than the album itself. It has a few lows, but Pinata has some songs that are lows as well IMO. It's just that when Sir Michael fails he does so emphatically and Gibb's lowpoints on Pinata result in boring mediocre tracks that because of the brevity, subject matter, and production could be described as "slow burners". Madlib's production even makes some of the shallow songs in Pinata seem deeper. I'm a huge fan of Gibbs, but not every track on Pinata is as mature and insightful as people would have you believe. And that's fine. Banco isn't deep or insightful, but it wasn't intended to be, it's more casual and fun. They're like examples of two very different subgenres.
wait

this is a thing?

I think the biggest disappointment of RTJ2 for me is that I thought it was Boots Riley(From Coup for those who don't know) who was going to be rapping on Early :(

I couldn't have been the only one with hopes of that

Crown is a great song

Also, is Tha Carter V actually coming out in 4 days or what? Not that I'm personally hyped but I would've thought we'd have heard more about it

that beat on Angel Duster sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

edit: yea probs top 3 with So It Goes and Pinata
we all know the real AOTY is Navzdy - Kontrafakt

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
drakefield.jpg

Pages From Drake’s Notebook

still doesn't beat the "stuff drake does" twitter account.

The Coup was cool. Forgot about them.
I love the way Coup handles political stuff inserting humor in it that way it doesn't come off super heavy handed and the group isn't talked about much but they definitely are worthy of naming when you talk about most consistent discographies

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i would KILL for a new rage record.
You and a couple hundred thousand other people.

Only reason we don't have one is because of the man. Shit would be the match to burn this joint to the ground. rage gets that reaction outta people.

Only seen them once live but I was afraid about getting wrecked by the energy thee were throwing out. It was like being stuck in the middle of a neonazi mosh pit at a slayer show with pit Bulls surrounding them.

mooooose

rtj2 is cool because its not just a rehash of the first (everyone knew el had it in him)

its growing on me more but rn its not goat or anything

T Dollarz

Method Man & Redman tomorrow night with B-Real and Mick Jenkins. I fucked up by not listening to The Water yet but I'm still fucking pumped!

studyguy

The fucking weekend brehs

Time to chill, gonna roll out to see Tommy Trash tonight with a friend, I don't normally fuck with this EDM shit but I need to something to take that work week edge off. Peace out for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom