• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

RTJ2 is really dope, but as others have said we'll see how it holds up over repeated plays. It has a good amount of variety and has so much hype/intensity.

We hear about Killer Mike's detailed sexual fantasies tho.

Zabuza

Banned
RTJ2 is really dope, but as others have said we'll see how it holds up over repeated plays. It has a good amount of variety and has so much hype/intensity.

We hear about Killer Mike's detailed sexual fantasies tho.
After repeat listens I don't think it's my AOTY this year. I've had a real problem with replayability this year on my favorite albums. Had this problem with Piñata too. However, albums that most likely won't make my top 10 have been in heavy rotation. Like Bones and Xavier Wulf's output this year. Strange.

Cheddahz

Banned
i'm not really digging the new black milk too much. it's not a bad album, but i just don't personally like it (though i see why other people here do like it)

Courage

i'm not really digging the new black milk too much. it's not a bad album, but i just don't personally like it (though i see why other people here do like it)

I probably like it more than I'm supposed to because he produced the whole thing. Amazing to see such a gradual improvement from an artist like him.

Y'all jump to calling shit Aoty way too fucking fast. Rtj2 ain't even "out" a week and people are rushing to rank it and make lists.

Chill out with rankings untill you actually consume an album.

No Caco.

Tokubetsu

I haven't listened to new BM but im sure it's good. I trust PD on this because I know we were both riding for him back in the Popular Demand days.

Courage

Y'all jump to calling shit Aoty way too fucking fast. Rtj2 ain't even "out" a week and people are rushing to rank it and make lists.

No Caco.

Welcome to Gaf-Hop, we like to rank things
SdmfKVm.png

Esch

Banned

No Caco.

Agreed. Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?

Take a minute to slow things down and digest pls

Courage

I guess nobody really knows for sure, but is Carter V going to drop Tuesday? I actually think it will. iTunes release first probably.

It's supposed to, but I'm having my doubts. Minaj is dropping a single ft. Lil Wayne, Drake this Tuesday, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to have them conflict like that.

kM6oFVN.png

Quesa

Man just got into this thread a couple days ago and I've got too many tabs open with albums/mixtapes and too many downloads to count. Damn

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gotta listen to an album at least 100 times to even come close to making a conclusion on its worth.
No, but if you listen to it once and post something called a "review" instead of "first impressions," you're being a bit disingenuous IMO, unless you nonhyperbolically think something has zero depth.

Zabuza

Banned
No, but if you listen to it once and post something called a "review" instead of "first impressions," you're being a bit disingenuous IMO, unless you nonhyperbolically think something has zero depth.

Of course. Rankings are like reviews to me so I'll need more time with all the new albums. Something like that Xavier Wulf tape really doesn't hold much depth, if any, though. However, I still very much enjoy it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

No Caco.

Its one of the only real negatives with hhgaf. And it works both ways, people jump on AOTY bandwagon after 10 seconds of the first song of an album, and they also declare something trash after the same amount of time. I've gone back to albums I thought were trash and realized, I didn't think they were trash, hhgaf did. I just let myself get caught up in that chain where enough people shit on something in a row that it becomes the belief regardless of truth.
Only real criticism I have of the community.
Well that and ya'lls stank ass dicks. Wash your balls gafhop. Wash em.

Its one of the only real negatives with hhgaf. And it works both ways, people jump on AOTY bandwagon after 10 seconds of the first song of an album, and they also declare something trash after the same amount of time. I've gone back to albums I thought were trash and realized, I didn't think they were trash, hhgaf did. I just let myself get caught up in that chain where enough people shit on something in a row that it becomes the belief regardless of truth.
I went through the same. People in here have great insights into music. I followed that a lil too much before. Music is way too subjective to just follow what the regulars in here are saying. Listen to something a few times. Digest it. Then form a full opinion. Or don't, I really don't care. But rushing to list your aoty's, in the same week an album releases is dumb.

Nothing against anyone in here. I've discovered some amazing music thanks to you guys.

<3

Esch

Banned
its just part of the kneejerk culture of the internet though, and that also ties into the whole everything is GOAT or WOAT (everything is a 5 or 10) paradigm and trolling culture. As long as you can compartmentalize it and realize forums are just places to mindpoop it's not bad. Everyone's guilty of it a little, especially when it ties into winding people up.

I remember PD posting on the bore that he needed to preempt the opinion tide of the new Kendrick single. But once that opinion tsunami comes in it's over.

I went through the same. People in here have great insights into music. I followed that a lil too much before. Music is way too subjective to just follow what the regulars in here are saying. Listen to something a few times. Digest it. Then form a full opinion. Or don't, I really don't care. But rushing to list your aoty's, in the same week an album releases is dumb.

Nothing against anyone in here. I've discovered some amazing music thanks to you guys.

<3

its just part of the kneejerk culture of the internet though, and that also ties into the whole everything is GOAT or WOAT (everything is a 5 or 10) paradigm and trolling culture. As long as you can compartmentalize it and realize forums are just places to mindpoop it's not bad. Everyone's guilty of it a little, especially when it ties into winding people up.

I remember PD posting on the bore that he needed to preempt the opinion tide of the new Kendrick single. But once that opinion tsunami comes in it's over.

I knew y'all secretly enjoyed those Hopsin albums.
Couldn't resist.

Rolling papers at a Bbq is, believe me, fantastic. I threw that on at a party I threw in summer. Mostly non hip hop fans and they loved it. The girls were dancing and loving it and couple of my boys bought the album afterwards. It really is a great album. Also smoke a ton with it.

In just the right context and situation it's a personal favourite of mine.

Red album is pretty good. Never listened to Finally Famous (Big sean right?)

Courage

Rolling papers at a Bbq is, belive me, fantastic. I three that on at a party I threw in summer. Mostly non hip hop fans and they loved it. The girls were dancing and loving it. It really is a great album. Also smoke a ton with it.

In just the right context and situation it's a personal favourite of mine.

So many better albums for those situations though. Rolling Papers is a watered down version of Pilot Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom