• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
we all got skeletons in our posting closets

speaking of skeletons whatever happened to coldvein
yeah, I consistently find myself wanting to use coldvein as the butt of a joke but then I remember I haven't seen him post in a while

AiBMXAL.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Coldvein always looked like the type of guys I knew in Seattle who would just suddenly vanish for a few months because they decided to go live in the woods with a cousin and do Acid every day.

Esch

Banned
I still see Mr. Swag on the site. my favorite ex gafhop gimmick poster was one canibus stan kobashi100, he used to come in here and fight people like blackace over canibus. the last time i saw him he was arguing as a proponent of ISIS in the OT.

2CsU5BA.png

IrishNinja

complaining about too much Migos. thought id seen it all

Anything more than a single is too much migos.

I just hope Kanye releases an album with one one-hour track, a la Dopesmoker, by the time he's done. It should be his final track and call it The End or some shit.

the secret of mana+ of ye albums

Seems like you must love not skipping it to give it a top 10 spot breh

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33605793&postcount=34

I'll stop now, this sets a dangerous precedent

you know for peterboy this is a pretty solid list tho

the gaf hop awards thread is a trip. i'm alright with my choices but if i went back in time XXX would be my aoty and i'd give a spot in there for section 80 and the asap rocky tape and take care.

Courage

damn, that shit is like one line out of this big ass post

fuck, now y'all got me paranoid that Courage or someone has some shit I posted while drunk bookmarked somewhere for when the time is right

GAF detectives got me shook

Nah breh, I only remember it because I responded to him. I also have my own cringeworthy moments in that same page. I couldn't even ask a girl out, smh.
AiBMXAL.gif

Ask for dating advice on a videogame website brehs
AiBMXAL.gif

the gaf hop awards thread is a trip. i'm alright with my choices but if i went back in time XXX would be my aoty and i'd give a spot in there for section 80 and the asap rocky tape and take care.

I was just looking my list over too. I still like it. I would definitely move XXX up and ReturnOf4Eva down though

Tokubetsu

I remember that Mr. Swag post. Kind of an unwritten rule of Gaf-Hop. You can be a scumbag, but never a shithead. He was always a bit combative though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nah breh, I only remember it because I responded to him. I also have my own cringeworthy moments in that same page. I couldn't even ask a girl out, smh.
AiBMXAL.gif

Ask for dating advice on a videogame website brehs
AiBMXAL.gif
Can't say I haven't lurked or contemplated myself
AiBMXAL.gif

b e t a b o y s

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
damn, that shit is like one line out of this big ass post

fuck, now y'all got me paranoid that Courage or someone has some shit I posted while drunk bookmarked somewhere for when the time is right

GAF detectives got me shook

We all have our "what the fuck was I thinking" moments, both online and off. Every time I see some "captain save a" post or a "friendzone" or "mylady" dude on gaf or elsewhere I cringe. Both because it's so pathetic but also because I can remember being younger and doing/thinking the same way and I just want to go back in time and backhand the younger me into being less of a pathetic simp.

Esch

Banned
It's so crazy to think about how the creation of the Community Forum changed the tone and flow of gaf-hop. It's different again now that it's 98% unmoderated too.

Esch

Banned
How'd the posting/flow change from OT -> Community?

It was just different. There were more random posters coming in, individual posters posted less frequently, though there definitely was a core. And some of the arguments between a nascent gaf-hop community and randoms turned into page long fights. Some of the trolling that happened resulted in some of the funniest, most emotional outbreaks of weird shit. Also, ReconYoda.

It's so crazy to think about how the creation of the Community Forum changed the tone and flow of gaf-hop. It's different again now that it's 98% unmoderated too.
I joined because I saw a random post in off topic about some hip hop forum. Shot into community shortly after I came, and little moderation in here has me slightly joyful. The fukery can get so high its great, reminiscent of that off topic fukery, but blackace is still missed.

The second beat on Black Milk's "Story and Her" + his flow on that short verse + the little interlude at the end

ibpflcnj87p27o67pas.gif

Regarding the earlier discussion, I'd put this album ahead of RTJ2

Esch

Banned
Anytime you namedropped Pusha or Clipse it would derail the thread for up to 3 pages sometimes. It was the original Kanye Cycle.

Also, Lupe Fiasco. This is when the Lupe faction was still skrong, even after Lasers. They were so full of hope, crushed underfoot by each poor soundcloud track about the Illuminati and some other garbage to follow.

Also we used to really openly love Wu-Tang more, everyone's super jaded about them now.

Also Nas was a punchline.

For some reason I never put this post together with mooose for a good couple of months. Then I realized it was the same fucking person the whole time, it wasn't a drive by post. My shit was blown.

yeah, when Moooose started to become more frequent in Gaf-hop, I forgot it was even him who made the post haha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
filler
OG Kush
SoilBreak
Jo
MTHanded
Pre-CD consumption caco
GodfatherX
spindashing

A lot of old posters who just stopped posting as often or not at all anymore. Some of them generally don't post on GAF as much anymore.

EDIT: And yeah.. Recon. I can definitely say we've had tens of pages just revolve around Recon at a time.

filler
OG Kush
SoilBreak
Jo
MTHanded
Pre-CD consumption caco
GodfatherX
spindashing

A lot of old posters who just stopped posting as often or not at all anymore. Some of them generally don't post on GAF as much anymore.

EDIT: And yeah.. Recon. I can definitely say we've had tens of pages just revolve around Recon at a time.
Caco had a nice hiatus post CD nonconsumption era and I miss local hentai expert spindashing. Damn, I'm a newbie and I'm nostalging so hard :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom