• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

RTJ2 is really dope, but as others have said we'll see how it holds up over repeated plays. It has a good amount of variety and has so much hype/intensity.

We hear about Killer Mike's detailed sexual fantasies tho.

I've given RTJ2 2 spins so far. it's so abrasive and aggressive with the in your face lyrics and beats that after a few tracks it just dissipates to background noise for me. same situation with the first one.

Courage

The RED album was the worst album of 2011.

Absolute garbage.

Maybe the most embarassing shit ever committed to wax in this great genre.

Not even the worst song.

Pilot Talk doesn't appeal to non hip hop fans though. Listen to rolling papers at a Bbq, summer party or just baked with your pals. Peters right on the money with this.

Ok, but it's an honest to god classic??? You were just talking about internet hyperbole bro.

PBY

Banned

rickrossdrink.gif

Esch

Banned
lmao the gamergate reference

holy shiiit, lmao.

What an awful album. I remember being
lXgZTVg.png
at any album that had Chris Breezy features for a couple years because he was in this slump of being the most generic person to feature on generic albums. Guess he broke his streak of being pure shit with Loyal. Every couple years he does that, like a fucking cockroach infesting the basement of rap and rnb.

So what's up with the shift towards EPs? I feel like this year has had such a huge shift towards them. Of course they've always existed but yeah is this just another way of companies finding an easier way to make money off an artist or something? Just a random thought because I feel like I've listened to a lot of EPs this year

Fastest and easiest way to make money off of a bubbling artist and capturing that buzz faster than making an album with supposed artist not being hot anymore? That's my idea.

Esch

Banned
artistically i aint mad, a lot of these wastemen are releasing these long ass 16 song mixtapes or even worse like migos releasing 40 track comps of everything they lazily farted out in a few studio sessions, nobody got time for that unless you got a lot to rap about

artistically i aint mad, a lot of these wastemen are releasing these long ass 16 song mixtapes or even worse like migos releasing 40 track comps of everything they lazily farted out in a few studio sessions, nobody got time for that unless you got a lot to rap about

yeah, I ain't mad at it at all. Some of my favorite projects this year are actually EPs!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm perfectly fine with no rap album being longer than 15 tracks max ever again.

I remember hearing major label signed artists saying in interviews that they have to "fight" to get more than 10-12 songs on their albums though, so maybe label pressure and smaller budgets are making people work smarter.

Courage

I just hope Kanye releases an album with one one-hour track, a la Dopesmoker, by the time he's done. It should be his final track and call it The End or some shit.

Esch

Banned
I just hope Kanye releases an album with one one-hour track, a la Dopesmoker, by the time he's done. It should be his final track and call it The End or some shit.

no, i hated this trend in 00s metal and it's annoying af. people only do it to make themselves seem progressive and avantgarde, but it's really an inconvenient, traditionalist's avenue.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Anything more than a single is too much migos.

Kanye would make it amazing, don't sweat it.

Fucker can't even manage to shit out a decent 3 minute song anymore, you really think he can do a 60 minute self masturbatory cluster fuck?

Being more than 15 songs is alright if it's done well, like on death certificate when the tracks all flowed together well and the lengths varied enough that you weren't just listening to one full length song of the same bragrap bullshit over and over.

Cheddahz

Banned
migos is like drake

for every song that you find decent or good, there are five to ten bad ones waiting for you

(same thing could actually be said for young thug)

Tokubetsu

Idk if I've ever heard a bad migos song but then I pretty much only listen them right before going out, or while out so *kanyeshrug.gif*

I'm not about to sit at a computer and listen to an entire migos mixtape

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I can count on one hand the number of good Migos songs.

Or actually, on one finger if you do the whole Indian counting thing were you use the different sections of the finger between joints to each represent 1.

cacophony

migos is like drake

for every song that you find decent or good, there are five to ten bad ones waiting for you

(same thing could actually be said for young thug)

I think I can count on one hand the number of good Migos songs.

Or actually, on one finger if you do the whole Indian counting thing were you use the different sections of the finger between joints to each represent 1.

piercestruggleface.0_standard_730.0.gif

Peek a boo
My diamonds Pikachu
Pikachu (eww, fuck out my face)
No way, I don't wanna look at you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom