• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHFsciJcR1k

W9F99zc.gif

I7eeeyX.gif

iRvBiymmkNKaQ.jpg
What the fuck. Where is this taking place? I don't understand the context.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Bunch of awkward stares and fake smiles from people in the room listening to that generic garbage playing while having that "we fucked up" realization.

Tokubetsu

High chance a lot of your favorites had to do something similar...and I bet they didn't already have a hit song under their belt.

You gotta sell it. That...must have taken a lot. I can't even imagine. To have it leak too? Fuck.

Cudder

Gibbs had a show in Toronto last night, wish I could've gone. Browsing videos on instagram it looked like a pretty dope show. But alas, I had to get up this morning at 5 for work, I'm not trying to get like 4-5 hours of sleep. #responsible

High chance a lot of your favorites had to do something similar...and I bet they didn't already have a hit song under their belt.

You gotta sell it. That...must have taken a lot. I can't even imagine. To have it leak too? Fuck.
Not really. Most people's favorites were "discovered" and nurtured by A&Rs, demos were made, and conference room meetings were essentially about selling your coolness. Even the Wu weren't dancing around like monkeys on a table...

And younger artists got signed based off a body of music - Drake, Kendrick, Cole, KRIT, etc. Cole was begging Hov to listen to his demo but he didn't debase himself...

Quesa

I like Gambino quite a bit but I remember when I listened to the track he had Chance on I thought "Man, I'd rather go listen to Acidrap right now."

Do we have an explicit stream of the Black Milk album yet or is it clean only till release?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I have literally no idea who or what a Black Milk is - should I wait for this release or is there another record I should check out first?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
dat Advanced Search is helpful tho

There are a billion rappers, and of those, only a few hundred are worth paying attention to, and of those, each may have a definitive record or two. It's not like I asked "Hey guys, where do I start with this guy Biggie I keep seeing?" I'm saying the dude (according to Wiki) is pretty new and his first record made it #76 on the hip-hop charts.

Give a cracka some slack, willya.

Start with Tronic, then listen to No Poison No Paradise

Thanks.

codhand

There are a billion rappers, and of those, only a few hundred are worth paying attention to, and of those, each may have a definitive record or two. It's not like I asked "Hey guys, where do I start with this guy Biggie I keep seeing?" I'm saying the dude (according to Wiki) is pretty new and his first record made it #76 on the hip-hop charts.

Give a cracka some slack, willya.

Thanks.

of course leave it to Des the only gentleman here, you heathens!

you can skip Tronic

Esch

Banned
Uhh this new black milk is nuts thus far. First track sounds like a Beherit x Beyonce combo, second is some Alchemist inspired piff.

Esch

Banned
I watched that full bobby schmurda video, smh at LA reid nodding his head like there's nothing irregular about this situation. Entertainment industry stays being so demonic.

eMV18vd.png

DominoKid

I watched that full bobby schmurda video, smh at LA reid nodding his head like there's nothing irregular about this situation. Entertainment industry stays being so demonic.

eMV18vd.png

LA Reid probably had 10 more meetings just like that lined up for the day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dead @ a diss song from Tyga being better than the last three songs put out by Drake who is on top of the world

If he's the one who sent his goons to knock out DJ Future though.. I don't know what the fuck is going on. Wack MCs today sending goons out to handle shade on twitter/instagram SMH. Just as corny as Troy Average sending his mans to beat up Makonnen because he said his remix was wack.

dead @ a diss song from Tyga being better than the last three songs put out by Drake who is on top of the world

If he's the one who sent his goons to knock out DJ Future though.. I don't know what the fuck is going on. Wack MCs today sending goons out to handle shade on twitter/instagram SMH. Just as corny as Troy Average sending his mans to beat up Makonnen because he said his remix was wack.

I know right lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom