• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
djmustard.jpg

DJ Mustard just dropped his album. Download for free on Google Play.

DJ Khaled ft. Chris Brown, August Alsina, Future & Jeremih – Hold You Down

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
every time I see DJ Mustard mentioned I just want a ham & cheese sandwich

kids-choice-ham-cheese.jpg

gawd dayum

overcast

Nah, give it a listen. Every song is a straight banger, and I'm sure I'll be hearing these songs at the house parties around here in LA lol.
I'm so done with Mustard's sound, despite loving a few of the songs off YG. Plus the features on it don't appeal to me.

HiResDes

I also kinda liked that song, but I thought Orange Soda was a pretty well made song as well... Even if were just a 90s baby cash in

MoodyFog

Didn't know he released a new album. How is the production?

The beats are what I liked the most about it. The lyrics are what you expect, à la "I've been rapping for a long time, so I have the right to say that the young guys are crazy and don't have the good values, ect ect.." but the beats are typical Jeru.
Kind of old school, if someone told me the record was from the 90s I would have believed it. So if you're looking for some old school rap that's different from what we hear nowadays it's a good listen, plus the whole album is only 18min so..

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Anyone listen to that DJ Mustard? Pretty sure he said the beats on the album weren't gonna sound the same as everything he does, but for some reason I have my doubts. I do enjoy that sound on occasion, usually when it's paired with Ty Dolla $ign. Might cherry pick those tracks at least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone listen to that DJ Mustard? Pretty sure he said the beats on the album weren't gonna sound the same as everything he does, but for some reason I have my doubts. I do enjoy that sound on occasion, usually when it's paired with Ty Dolla $ign. Might cherry pick those tracks at least.
I did. Whip test approved, however, it's still very much Mustard's sound, just.. a little bit more varied. Still got that bounce on like every song.

I think the run from No Reason to 4 Digits on the album (which is over half the songs on the album) are decent, but the rest is forgettable..

Face Down (which I posted above) is probably the best song on there, and maybe Down on Me (previous single) and No Reason are runners up.

EDIT: I say this to say, if you're tired of Mustard's sound, it's more Mustard, but nowhere near as good as his recent highs either except maybe Face Down which doesn't sound like a Mustard record at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This beat is terrible and these dudes can't rap.
WUT

Beat is some prime 00s shit, something you'd see come from Mannie Fresh in his prime or Cool N Dre during their prime. Likewise, none of those verses are offensive, well, maybe Big Sean's, but YG and Wayne were on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom