• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Yea, and perhaps moreso Cold Vein. But I'm talking a more modern take.
Wouldn't that require NY actually having a distinct sound to extrapolate?
sass2.png

HiResDes

I think Nas over some Alchemist is the project everyone wants. I'm probably alone on this, but I also think Fraud is versatile to come with some heat for him as well.

IrishNinja

Uhh that Nas snippet sounds alright but brehs really gotta stop rapping over old dilla beats.

prolly a b-side but im okay with this

Either way I'm tired of that shit, it had already lost the appeal on CL2. Brehs really rapping on old beats to put on their albums. Nah.

see that's a weird choice for me, since House of Flying Daggers was kinda like out RZA'ing RZA

n6Tgwoy.png

Fucc? You never listened to Funcrusher Plus?

still bump that one since ya'll put me onto it (why don't i even remember the source hyping shit in the day?), i remember this being El-P but for some reason didn't know Ox's best shit was him...man lookin at his jux/etc works now, he's got a pretty crazy resume

I feel so sorry for all of you waiting on thay good Nas album that is never gonna come.

With Nas your gonna get maybe 3 good songs out of an album and that's it.

Simply the man cannot select beats. He is incapable.

I feel so sorry for all of you waiting on thay good Nas album that is never gonna come.

With Nas your gonna get maybe 3 good songs out of an album and that's it.

Simply the man cannot select beats. He is incapable.

Life Is Good. Even if you think it's aite, it has quite a few dope tracks.

My hope seems to be coming true. Nas finally opened himself up. Met with Mac Miller, has presumably listened to Boldy James' album with Alchemist considering he just signed him, El-P is releasing an album on Mass Appeal...the connections have been made. Now we wait and see if there's any follow through.

I'd rather have them on the album than whatever he did with Timbo. I know Timbo said his new Nas tracks are amazing but eh...I doubt it.

Life Is Good. Even if you think it's aite, it has quite a few dope tracks.

My hope seems to be coming true. Nas finally opened himself up. Met with Mac Miller, has presumably listened to Boldy James' album with Alchemist considering he just signed him, El-P is releasing an album on Mass Appeal...the connections have been made. Now we wait and see if there's any follow through.

I'd rather have them on the album than whatever he did with Timbo. I know Timbo said his new Nas tracks are amazing but eh...I doubt it.

Life is Good was great tho

It was alright. Had a few great tracks on it. But that's exactly my point. He never makes a full album of great songs, always get a few great tracks that shows how great he can be.

Nas is unfulfilled potential. You know the guy is capable of dropping something amazing if he has the right producers involved.

All Nas needs is a decent executive producer, someone to curate a sound for an album. Someone like Alc. A producer that can create an album with Nas

As it is Nas is gonna Nas and pick some shitty beats as always. Along with a couple of great beats. I can't see him using those connections he has... Because it is Nas.

Esch

Banned
i'm looking forward to Nasher's next album, i just don't expect them to be sonically cohesive or have great production. Life is Good was ~ American Gangster tier, if he can get to that area of satisfaction i'll be happy.

thabiz

i'm looking forward to Nasher's next album, i just don't expect them to be sonically cohesive or have great production. Life is Good was ~ American Gangster tier, if he can get to that area of satisfaction i'll be happy.

except mediocrity brehs

Esch

Banned
except mediocrity brehs

Meh, what's wrong with a nice 6-8 album? if you have more than like, 4 projects it's understandable that you fall off, but that person still might have their moments.

iQL2bfbIseR4S.png
I'll be right in line for the new kanye too, even if it is another musical frankenstein made of someone else's poop.

All Nas needs is beats, that's literally it. My fear is that the album will indeed be MCHG2. Timbo said they were having amazing sessions and then Nas halted things to take a break (ie begin the Illmatic anniversary stuff). I hope those Timbo tracks don't dominate the album...

Give me Alchemist, El-P, and Justice League...and I'll accept Timbo.

All Nas needs is beats, that's literally it. My fear is that the album will indeed be MCHG2. Timbo said they were having amazing sessions and then Nas halted things to take a break (ie begin the Illmatic anniversary stuff). I hope those Timbo tracks don't dominate the album...

Give me Alchemist, El-P, and Justice League...and I'll except Timbo.

El-p would be interesting for Nas. Probably never happen because it's a good idea though.

Give me Alchemist, El-P, and Justice League...and I'll accept Timbo.

I dunno it depends what direction Timbaland goes in for the Album. It'll have to lean toward his more hip-hop based sound. Say what you will but Timbo's production on MCHG was definitely the highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom