• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

iLC1z87iWpYG2.gif

It's thabiz. Probably trolling us.

Nibel

What's the chance that King Kanta will be as polarizing as I (love myself)?

Kenny's hobo look doesn't fill me with confidence

thabiz

All of "Illmatic"'s original producers--Large Professor, Pete Rock, Q-Tip, DJ Premier, and L.E.S--contribute to the project.

Courage

What's the chance that King Kanta will be as polarizing as I (love myself)?

Kenny's hobo look doesn't fill me with confidence

A big reason people hated i Love Myself is due to its production. Cheesy dad rock, it was called. If the King Kunta West Coast throwback sound description is accurate, I doubt it'll rustle as many jimmies.

iavi

Lyrically Nas can still make your top 5 look like Lawrence Fisburne's daughter's ass

lol

Coming clean, I'm no nassirr jones fan, but this latest is hot.

A big reason people hated i Love Myself is due to its production. Cheesy dad rock, it was called. If the King Kunta West Coast throwback sound description is accurate, I doubt it'll rustle as many jimmies.

I'll take rainbow and sunshines cheesy dad rock over some lame stuck in the nineties struggle synth westcoast throwback. Kendrick need not bring that. Leave that wack shit to Q.

How the fuck is an Isley Bros sample "cheesy dad rock" brehs.

Tokubetsu

It's titled "King Kunta" and premiering during a basketball game. It's not gonna be a west coast throwback sound.

IrishNinja

local theater was playing OG Halloween the other night, that was cool - gotta catch Massacre sometime too

Also dope, though the sound is fucked on a few tracks. Maybe my headphones or something. Kinda distorted.

nah, track's quality sounds like my cheap desktop setup, it's not just you
great shit but quality is low

Jay Rock on stage now.
i get what hes trying to say. the loop is fucking terrible.

The only way I can get it is if someone has a bad music palette. If you're familiar with 70s shit that sounds like funk and r&b. I remember people claiming it sounded like a 90s rock song wtf.

I like the loop, beat is dope. Still don't think it's a noteworthy song but the sample and loop aren't the problem IMO.

Nibel

I can see that. Personally I needed some time to get used to the first half, but now I kinda enjoy the track. Kenny seems to be aiming pretty high with this album when it comes to its impact; I have the impression he attempts to create some revolutionary stuff.

Really looking forward to King Kanta, not sure if I'll be still awake until then.

IrishNinja

i get what PD's saying - i love that isley, stylistics, commodores etc era shit, and so many of our favorite beats sample it too - but k-dot's people didn't sample it right or make it work.

i don't at all have to shit on the classic by saying i don't like its use here. not every sample's gonna go as well as between the sheets/big poppa did.

Compton and the second half of mAAd city tho

talk to em

Esch

Banned
the way that shitty ass cowbell percussion comes in like a wack ass sugar ray song

the cringeworthy way Duckworth delivers that studio pitched 'I LUV MUSULLLLFFFF' over that guitar lick

the way that super serious business interlude comes in that lets you know, just know, he's about to drop that deep shit

what a fucking horrible track

iIZLGPPaVk8ty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom