• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

I'm holding out for the album for KRIT. don't need to hear King of the South and the snippets when I can wait it out
why the fuck did they pick "early" out of all the bangers
I'm guessing 1) the message, the anti-police state stance 2) the lyrics. there's like one word in this song they'd have to edit out for tv. hard to rap about a nun in a cumshot, running backwards through fields of dicks, or fuckboy jihads on a talk show, heh.

Iggy went as herself as well

h9tA2D0.jpg

brehs

Soul Food might be my song of the year.

K.R.I.T. god fucking damn. So many feels. Talk about touching the right 90s spots.

EDIT: New Boosie and Nas singles are both straight. Boosie's caught me by surprise. Pure real talk.

Such a great song breh plus raphel saddiq on there :wow:

Detox

Everybody claims to be the King of the south but who is your king of the south? I've got to give it to Scarface very consistent and elicits strong feelings when he spits that real shit. Still waiting on that new album since he got out of jail, face still got the connects to get dope beats. He's probably dealing with some rap a lot fuckery.

PlayDat

I'm slowly realizing I might just not like Raekwon. OB4CL is recognized as a classic, but I can't really vibe to it like most. Haven't really enjoyed much of his recent output either. Had the worst song on Cruel Summer, Gorgeous verse was wack, (This might be a casualty of the poor mixing on that album since I have somewhat of a hard time making out what he's saying) and I don't much care for his Bomb verse.

There's still plenty of old Wu stuff I haven't gotten to so there's still a chance he could grow on me, but as of now I get a little disappointed every time I saw his name as a featured artist on someone's tracklist.

PBY

Banned
I'm slowly realizing I might just not like Raekwon. OB4CL is recognized as a classic, but I can't really vibe to it like most. Haven't really enjoyed much of his recent output either. Had the worst song on Cruel Summer, Gorgeous verse was wack, (This might be a casualty of the poor mixing on that album since I have somewhat of a hard time making out what he's saying) and I don't much care for his Bomb verse.

There's still plenty of old Wu stuff I haven't gotten to so there's still a chance he could grow on me, but as of now I get a little disappointed every time I saw his name as a featured artist on someone's tracklist.
Man I feel the opposite haha. Opinions and such.

Vorheez

I'm with ya, never could get into Rae. GZA is my dude in the clan

:/
Damn The Morning on Cruel Summer is one of my favorite tracks and so is Goregous.

Fjordson

Worst song on Cruel Summer? Can't vibe to the original Cuban Linx? Lawd have mercy.

Ghostface will always be my favourite Wu member, but Raekwon is second (and Cuban Linx is my favourite Wu album).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom