• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

PlayDat

That E40 is hot.
I haven't heard it yet, but this is proof that people devote listens based upon covers

In this case it was an artist I'd never heard of and thabiz's post didn't have any words in it, so yeah the visuals are gonna have much more influence on whether I click than they should.

Plus this weekend was the first time in over a week where I was all caught up on Gaf-Hop posts so I felt more comfortable giving my reaction. There's other stuff linked here that I've listened to but discussion had already moved on by the time I got to them.

Have you guys listened to Theo London's new album "Vibes"? If so, what did you think?

I enjoyed a couple tracks. LOVED the arrangement on "Can't Stop" with Ye. (I'm a huge sucker for strings if they're done right in songs). The album feels a bit 'kid cudi' to me though at times. Especially with "Do Girls". Still liked it though.

HiResDes

Have you guys listened to Theo London's new album "Vibes"? If so, what did you think?

I enjoyed a couple tracks. LOVED the arrangement on "Can't Stop" with Ye. (I'm a huge sucker for strings if they're done right in songs). The album feels a bit 'kid cudi' to me though at times. Especially with "Do Girls". Still liked it though.

I don't think it owes anything to Kid Cudi, and everything to promiment 80s acts like Prince and Chic. London also has been toying with a similar though slightly less fleshed out sound since the inception of his career, which predates Cudi's rise to stardom. Vibes is an immensely fun record that utitlizes these somewhat kitsch pop elements in such a charming and romantic way. It's a throwback to a different era and is more concerned with conveying a particularly smooth and blissful vibe than any sort of larger social commentary or bullshit internal drama.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I haven't heard it yet, but this is proof that people devote listens based upon covers
You put effort into your whole package im bound to give a project a listen. You skimp on anything and it looks lazy? Probably gunna skip it. Even if it's the second coming in audio form.

Artists who take pride in their work will go the extra mile.

Courage

wuv6OEY.png

OH MY GOD HE INCLUDED TYGA'S GIRLFRIEND IN THE PICTURE, SHOTS FIRED.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END? DRAKE DON'T DO ANYTHING DRASTIC BOI

Tokubetsu

You put effort into your whole package im bound to give a project a listen. You skimp on anything and it looks lazy? Probably gunna skip it. Even if it's the second coming in audio form.

Artists who take pride in their work will go the extra mile.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Drake/Tyga thing is too real. People losing their shit because Drake and Chyna are liking each other's pictures and shit.

you don't play around with this IG shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tyga - What's Beef 2014 coming soon brehs

I thought beefs couldn't get softer than that Drake/Common shit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom