• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

wuv6OEY.png

OH MY GOD HE INCLUDED TYGA'S GIRLFRIEND IN THE PICTURE, SHOTS FIRED.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END? DRAKE DON'T DO ANYTHING DRASTIC BOI

I'm sure its legal but why the hell is Tyga dating a 17 year old?

I don't think it owes anything to Kid Cudi, and everything to promiment 80s acts like Prince and Chic. London also has been toying with a similar though slightly less fleshed out sound since the inception of his career, which predates Cudi's rise to stardom. Vibes is an immensely fun record that utitlizes these somewhat kitsch pop elements in such a charming and romantic way. It's a throwback to a different era and is more concerned with conveying a particularly smooth and blissful vibe than any sort of larger social commentary or bullshit internal drama.

Whoa this makes me wanna listen to the album for sure

Maco is the hypest mother fucker in the game right now.

Best ad libs since flocka

everytime I think trap shit has reached a bottom it goes lower. This U Guessed It song is offensively bad. From the Fisher Price beat to the...whatever he's doing on the mic.

That's when his own album comes out, he's just messing with the dude

My heart couldn't take the sudden surprise of new yeezy so soon. Though I really wish he releases his album this month

Esch

Banned
everytime I think trap shit has reached a bottom it goes lower. This U Guessed It song is offensively bad. From the Fisher Price beat to the...whatever he's doing on the mic.

Shit is hilarious. We're slowly approaching the tard singularity, where adlibs replace all lyrics and people just grunt.

This guy's like Mystikal with negative flow.

effzee

forreal. i got excited for a second when i saw that snl title card with boss harrelson and kendrick lamar...and then i realized he only released "I" as a single this year lmao.

fuck that.

That doesn't prohibit him from performing a 2nd single. That's up to Kendrick and his marketing team.

Cheddahz

Banned
didn't really feel like spending money on food tonight, so i went out and bought some frozen burritos, baked them in the oven for twenty minutes or so and then took them out to pour enchilada sauce all over them and threw some cheese on there as well and put it back in the oven for ten more minutes

it wasn't the best meal ever or anything like that, but it was super cheap to make and was super easy to make

the new og maco is cool

DominoKid

didn't really feel like spending money on food tonight, so i went out and bought some frozen burritos, baked them in the oven for twenty minutes or so and then took them out to pour enchilada sauce all over them and threw some cheese on there as well and put it back in the oven for ten more minutes

it wasn't the best meal ever or anything like that, but it was super cheap to make and was super easy to make

the new og maco is cool

i'm praying for your insides breh.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Shit is hilarious. We're slowly approaching the tard singularity, where adlibs replace all lyrics and people just grunt.

This guy's like Mystikal with negative flow.

Lol I thought we already reached it. I get those giant 50 song mixes from datpiff so I can at least know what singles are "hot" and two thirds of the songs are just the same generic trap beat with some no charisma having fuckboy grunting cliches for 3 minutes while completely off beat.
On the plus side it makes the good tracks really stand out.

Esch

Banned
Lol I thought we already reached it. I get those giant 50 song mixes from datpiff so I can at least know what singles are "hot" and two thirds of the songs are just the same generic trap beat with some no charisma having fuckboy grunting cliches for 3 minutes while completely off beat.
On the plus side it makes the good tracks really stand out.

Gonna put on my crown of dust here and blame the internet.

Back in the day to get put on you had to (No Limit being the exception) show and prove. People had to vet your demos. You had to win battles and shit. You had to put work in, improve your craft, take yourself at least a little seriously.

Now you can just fart on a track, it'll get remixed by some wastecadet on soundcloud, and people will spread it around like it's hot. I blame soulja boy.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Gonna put on my crown of dust here and blame the internet.

Back in the day to get put on you had to (No Limit being the exception) show and prove. People had to vet your demos. You had to win battles and shit. You had to put work in, improve your craft, take yourself at least a little seriously.

Now you can just fart on a track, it'll get remixed by some wastecadet on soundcloud, and people will spread it around like it's hot. I blame soulja boy.

Yessir, and it's a shame because I used to be (and still am to some extent) a huge fan of how awesome the internet has been for music, and rap in particular, because it allows artists who might have never had a chance to shine get their music out there and we have so much variety and options out there now and....shit someone taught the toddler level intellect having motherfuckers how to use soundcloud and the "never smart enough to be anything but bottom level corner boy" goons are queefing into a mic now...wrap it up, we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom