• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krit's album is eeehhh. Like half of it is pretty mediocre or boring.

Standout tracks:

Soul Food
King of The South
Mind Control (just the beat/hook, really)
Standby [Interlude]
Saturdays = Celebration
Lost Generation
Mt. Olympus (Reprise) (original is better)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
How about give the new Krit more than 10 seconds before making a call on it you nincompoops.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That's not our way. It's by track 8, it's either AOTY or recycle bin. That's the rating system round these parts. Hell, I haven't even listened to the album yet and it's already going to the bin. That's how advanced I am.

It's Krit's 3rd or 4th "eeehhh" release in a row. You don't need a week to figure it out. It's a lot of mostly the same. Some works, some doesn't.

PBY

Banned
So I'm really loving Monster- except that I have a hard time getting past "Throw Away."

Its a fine song... but damn, its so blatantly fucking misogynistic. I understand rap and sexism is a whole subject for another day, but shit, the way Future is pretty much calling this girl a throwaway without a hint of irony or sarcasm is just offputting. Even a song like IDFWU is defendable in some way, given the over the top nature that can sort of make the whole thing seem like a joke. E 40's verse helps that.

So I'm really loving Monster- except that I have a hard time getting past "Throw Away."

Its a fine song... but damn, its so blatantly fucking misogynistic. I understand rap and sexism is a whole subject for another day, but shit, the way Future is pretty much calling this girl a throwaway without a hint of irony or sarcasm is just offputting. Even a song like IDFWU is defendable in some way, given the over the top nature that can sort of make the whole thing seem like a joke. E 40's verse helps that.

Not my favorite but isn't the song about him disrespecting her then the 2nd half is him missing her when she leaves him?

codhand

there's always exceptions that require multiple play throughs, but you do develop a certain expertise after doing this long enough.

Esch

Banned
j5YI2KN.png
The Pinkprint.

mooooose

I don't get that impression from Throw Away at all. I get the impression that it's Future and he's mad as hell about his girl leaving him. The first part of the song is him fronting hard and just trying to make it seem like he's moved on, but the second half is just him basically pleading with himself in assumptions and hopes that his girl still thinks of him the way he thinks of her. At every corner, at every moment, and even when he's with someone else, he thinks about her, and he hopes she feels the same way.

I didn't even listen to the tape, but your impression of the song made me really curious. I thought it'd be funny. Instead I got a pretty emotional and impactful song, so idk what the hell you were listening to that was so different from me.

PBY

Banned
I don't get that impression from Throw Away at all. I get the impression that it's Future and he's mad as hell about his girl leaving him. The first part of the song is him fronting hard and just trying to make it seem like he's moved on, but the second half is just him basically pleading with himself in assumptions and hopes that his girl still thinks of him the way he thinks of her. At every corner, at every moment, and even when he's with someone else, he thinks about her, and he hopes she feels the same way.

I didn't even listen to the tape, but your impression of the song made me really curious. I thought it'd be funny. Instead I got a pretty emotional and impactful song, so idk what the hell you were listening to that was so different from me.
Might have missed it tbh. I need to go back.

Basically lol. Felt like he didn't listen to the 2ns half at all. Little odd

Esch

Banned
Even if her rap career doesn't pan out she'll find another avenue either hosting or acting in b films.
No, she wont.

Australian accent and no charisma. Just cause she's a pale white girl with a nice ass doesn't mean she has a future.

She could get a talk show in Melbourne, that'll be the end of her chapter.

No, she wont.

Australian accent and no charisma. Just cause she's a pale white girl with a nice ass doesn't mean she has a future.

She could get a talk show in Melbourne, that'll be the end of her chapter.

She'll get a Reality show with her BF.

Swaggy and Iggy.

It'll be terrible.

She sounds so fucking awkward on the mic. You can tell she doesn't do one-takes and has studio magic involved as well. Which is why she sounds so bad live.

Watch her interviews brehs, Esch is right. She has no charisma and isn't relateable. It's so obvious she's a failed model doing rap for money/exposure.

Esch

Banned
What did he say? I'm at work breh, hook a responsible black man up with cliffnotes.
"You know in the studio just working"

"I recorded like 200 songs for this album alone "

"I've been listening to Recovery a lot recently."

"Turkey on white, American cheese, light mayo and a water."

Courage

• Jay Rock is his "ride or die" homie
  • Vaguely talks about the session with Pharrell, and using different inspirations that he grew up with for his work.
  • Retreads the Control thing, calling himself the "King of NY"; didn't think of it much at the time, just wanted to reignite competition in the industry.
  • Ebro asked about "i" and people being disappointed with it; he says people have a skewed view on music nowadays, like the Isley Bros sample being "pop" instead of "soul." He wanted its positivity to influence everyone struggling, including some of his friends. Emphasizes the importance of lyrics in rap. He acknowledges the Outkast comparisons, says it's a form of flattery.
  • Rosenberg asks when we're expecting to hear his next single, he says he doesn't really know. He says he'll always keep his old school West Coast sound.
  • Proud of Schoolboy Q and his success.
  • Kendrick Lamar never had sex with Lady Gaga.
  • He knew his Imagine Dragons performance was gonna be amazing.
  • Macklemore posting his text message online was "uncalled for."
  • His favorite alcoholic beverage is... "wine."
  • He wants to have 10 kids.
  • The album will definitely be out by next summer.
  • He's on a mission. He wants to subvert industry standards, and say things that need to be said by connecting with people and having them believe in him.

In conclusion:

2ktu95i.gif

Esch

Banned
Duckworth likes wine? Hats off. Better than rappers pretending vodka is good.

That ten kids thing has me worried. Badu gonna have like three of them. And good for him calling Macklemore out. Lame placating tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom