• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Next Summer though?

iYQ0JKya3As1v.png

codhand

whats the score?

he liked it fine, but gave a "light 6", and said it was too similar to No Poison lyrically and production wise, and yet not as good. hated the track Leave the Bones Behind w/ Blu and loved Detroit New Dance Show.

no lies detected

23651791ku.png

Rosenberg lost points for cosigning Oxymoron so I can't get too excited. Apparently Kendrick said the album is rawer than GKMC, which falls in line with what SZA said a few months ago.

Am I tripping or could you totally see El-P producing a Katy Perry song? RTJ2 is a lot more melodic than RTJ1, and the layered synths kind of remind me of a grittier Dr. Luke sound (the guy who did Party In The USA and some of Katy Perry's big hits).

thabiz

Am I tripping or could you totally see El-P producing a Katy Perry song? RTJ2 is a lot more melodic than RTJ1, and the layered synths kind of remind me of a grittier Dr. Luke sound (the guy who did Party In The USA and some of Katy Perry's big hits).

i cant

codhand

from the ama

"el: thank you for giving me the option to not respond to all of those. i will proceed to do the bare minimum required of me: i do plan on releasing another el-p album at some point. not done with that yet. but right now RTJ is my life and its very creatively fulfilling. "

big ander

a 6? this is why i dont pay attention to this man.

dude's scale makes sense it's just not the same as everyone elses. In that, for most people average is about grade C level which is around 7. he just shifts scores (smartly) so that 5 is average.

I like that scale better for music and movies, it's way more informative than how other writers and sites split hairs among 400 7s (p4k is way terrible with this, every album gets either a 6.5 or above or a 4 or lower. garbage)
El-P just confirmed RTJ3 in the Reddit AMA.

and a R.A.P. Music 2.
best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

thabiz

dude's scale makes sense it's just not the same as everyone elses. In that, for most people average is about grade C level which is around 7. he just shifts scores (smartly) so that 5 is average.

I like that scale better for music and movies, it's way more informative than how other writers and sites split hairs among 400 7s (p4k is way terrible with this, every album gets either a 6.5 or above or a 4 or lower. garbage)

and a R.A.P. Music 2.
best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

tony is that you?

Esch

Banned
My favorite subtle turn of gaf hop was Q. I was the opps in here when that shit was coming out but now I don't see any oxymoron avatars anymore. No speculation on upcoming projects.

Now that Q has proven his worth/not lost Interscope money...perhaps he'll get to create an album he wants to create now. A ninja can hope at least.

Esch

Banned
In 2017, Disco gonna be a Drake stan, all those Kanye LPs in the trash can. Wearing a leopard print Tottenham t-shirt when they get bought by a Chinese rare earth metal mining CEO.

But will his dad be there for him?

vzOriTo.png

it's the transition from indie to label that's got some of these people sounding a bit...stale. hopefully Q does get that "do whatever you want" pass.

like KRIT was fucking amazing around Wuz Here and Return of 4 eva period. and now with his second major label release battlestar caddilactica it's just...alright.

In 2017, Disco gonna be a Drake stan, all those Kanye LPs in the trash can. Wearing a leopard print Tottenham t-shirt when they get bought by a Chinese rare earth metal mining CEO.

But will his dad be there for him?

vzOriTo.png

Kanye LPs in the trash? haaaaaaanh?! never. that's one dude who will never let the game down. even with shitty graduation album i found something to like in it. and lets be honest breh. Drake already is king of the newer guys right now. Kendrick may get a rise out of him but Drake been releasing that consistency.

i can't go full ken masters though. never.

tottenham spurs. esch plz. not like this.

Just finished Cadalliactica and I must say it's pretty good I'd put it slightly below 4Eva N a Day.
KRIT Wuz Here = Return of 4EVA > 4eva N a Day > Cadilliacitica.

Cheddahz

Banned
Kanye LPs in the trash? haaaaaaanh?! never. that's one dude who will never let the game down. even with shitty graduation album i found something to like in it.

did you forget about my beautiful dark twisted fantasy?

agree with you on graduation being shitty though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom