• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
29fxyq0v5us0.png

No hate, but 30+ year old Beyonce covered in makeup and in a one piece bathing suit isn't killing the game.

Hey Toku, how's AW treatin you? Any other gaf-hop fools playing?

Add me on ps4 bruhs: Vorheeze

i'm playing it on PC. really fun, double jump is like necessary for all shooters now tbh. makes the maneuvering more quick and enjoyable. wish it had wallrunning like titanfall though.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
the fuckery in Gaming has been on a whole other level these last few days.

the AC threads were already intense, but that Halo 5 one is just crazy.

"Some may call YG shallow, but what he lacks in depth he compensates with sonic fury. Bombast is the name of the game here, a sonic blitzkrieg powered by an unknown but talented man on the boards riffing cohesively off the simplistic, univariate DJ Mustard template. I daresay the energy exuded here is comparable to the best of MC Eiht and Yung Dildoe."

Top 10 GAF-Hop post of the year lmao. This shit legit brightened my evening.

Tokubetsu

Halo fans just need to be honest with themselves. Y'all don't want a new halo or new maps. Y'all just want Halo 2 again, forever. Same maps, same everything. Even if Bungie had made Halo 4 it woulda been the same shit (see Reach and all the bitching about sprint and abilities).

Cheddahz

Banned
As I said on Twitter:

The people bitching about Halo are the same people who want Kanye to only make The College Dropout over and over again

Like, if you're asking for something and if it actually happened, people would bitch about it

Tokubetsu

As I said on Twitter:

Like, if you're asking for something and if it actually happened, people would bitch about it

And they're getting it with MCC so what's the problem?!? 343 did that for y'all. Now you can play Halo 2 again, for a whole new generation. Stop acting like like you'd be really be out here playing H5 if it didn't have sprint or zoom. You'd still be bitching about how these maps aren't lockout or how clan support isn't as good.

ecurbj

Halo fans just need to be honest with themselves. Y'all don't want a new halo or new maps. Y'all just want Halo 2 again, forever. Same maps, same everything. Even if Bungie had made Halo 4 it woulda been the same shit (see Reach and all the bitching about sprint and abilities).
Ziba9oM.gif

Yeah. You right. Not going to deny or lie. I'll be content with an updated Halo 2.

Esch

Banned
Just admit it brehs, the last truly classic shooter was like.... FEAR. Call of Duty 4 too. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed stuff since then. Crysis, Killzone 2, Bulletstorm, Far Cry 3, etc etc. But this genre just doesn't have it anymore like that. You know things are dire when people are pretending Bioshocks are classic.

Tokubetsu

MS should just take a page out of Valve's book. Instead of investing all this money into Halo, go for lower hanging fruit. Every 6-8 years (or generation) have a small but competent team port Halo 2 MP over. Update sound/graphics etc, but add more robust community support and a map editor. Once it's out, switch to a skeleton community and bug crew. Then have them just hold contests, boost the better community maps/package them so everyone can get them and that's it.

They might get it wrong or off the first time but y'all will still play it while bitching the whole time (CS:S) but when you get it right ppl will shut the fuck up (CS:GO).

Tokubetsu

Just admit it brehs, the last truly classic shooter was like.... FEAR. Call of Duty 4 too. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed stuff since then. Crysis, Killzone 2, Bulletstorm, Far Cry 3, etc etc. But this genre just doesn't have it anymore like that. You know things are dire when people are pretending Bioshocks are classic.

Yep. I love the genre but FEAR was definitely the last FPS I played that actually felt fresh. Not just some slightly different ingredients in a pot. I say this as a dude who has played/plays every CoD (save CoD3) every year and I have 100+ hours in all of them.

Esch

Banned
Bioshock 1 was great, 2 was alright. But Infinite? Now that's a classic.
Bioshock 1 was a 7/10 game. Lots of system shock rescanning, terrible enemy variety, shrugworthy gunplay. Haven't played infinite yet but I'm not interested after the snooze fest of the first two.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I found Infinite to be way more entertaining that the first game as well. never played 2.

Cheddahz

Banned
I've been playing Titanfall as my go to shooter whenever I'm not in the mood to do much lately and I've been having fun with it, but the last first person shooter game I really loved was Bulletstorm and that was almost five years ago now

Tokubetsu

Bioshock 1 was a 7/10 game. Lots of system shock rescanning, terrible enemy variety, shrugworthy gunplay. Haven't played infinite yet but I'm not interested after the snooze fest of the first two.

Infinite even worse than 1 in the sense that, at least the first game was pretty solid for the first 2/3rds despite enemy variety and the peek a boo style gameplay.

Infinite has a GREAT intro, then it's just straight arena shoot followed by some boring "Move to here" for more arena shooting or a cutscene. The story shits the bed once you hit Act 2 or so as it's obvious they had to cut entire characterizations out.

COD4 was the last game changer. but since that i really enjoyed bulletstorm

infinite has some of the best presentation i've ever seen but it gets repetitive.

Might be the first time I really agreed with you about shooters especially bioshock. I always felt like I was playing a different game than most. The first one feels so messy when it came to gameplay. I haven't played infinite yet.

I really only stick to MP for shooters and nowadays those are failing me heavily. Dice cannot hasn't launched a game without major issues for two iteration, no tactical shooters left to satisfy me etc etc

Tokubetsu

I've been playing Titanfall as my go to shooter whenever I'm not in the mood to do much lately and I've been having fun with it, but the last first person shooter game I really loved was Bulletstorm and that was almost five years ago now

Everyone hates the mechs but Titanfall is the most solid and balanced shooter on LAUNCH that I have played since MW1. People were just so averse to the whole titan shit that they just wrote it off. Which is funny because they added pilot only mode and it's garbage. The maps are too large and people want to play on some kinda honor system where you only use pistols or else they get mad.

Bulletstorm SP was great too but people want multiplayer.

Infinite was aight. The art design was stellar but the game itself was pretty straight forward corridor shooter. They didn't do much with the skyhook traversal (I thought you'd be able to go around the whole city with those) and the tear mechanic with Elizabeth just made turrets and ammo appear. Good ideas but they did fuck all with them.

Tokubetsu

Funny thing about Titanfall too and I think this is part of the problem a lot of COD heads had, is once you get a titan the meta game changes. It goes from typical CoD style fast paced run and gun to something more akin to Halo. Where you have to worry about regenerating shields, you have to switch to a more attrition based playstyle agaisnt other mechs. Where you wittle, retreat etc unless the odds are stacked in your favor (multiple friendlies also hitting the same target. It was some best of both worlds shit.

But gamers are stupid now, and you have to talk down to them and constantly feeding them and you can't have a little peanut butter with the jelly. Say they want balance but what they want is a million guns that look different but shoot the same. Say they want diversity but what they want is everyone doing the same thing.

Can't imagine how some of these crybabies would feel getting shock combo'd UT style from across the map today. There is a reason why arena shooters died. Y'all are garbage and don't want to learn how to play the game.

The time I had with Titanfall was fun as hell. Shame no one plays it on PC, can't even play the damn maps I paid for. Only active mode now is Attrashion. Hardpoint and CTF are so fucking dope.

Courage

Nah, fam. Not in any way possible except graphics, and even then they kinda overdid it visually with the film filters and shit.

You're probably a console centric player though, so I understand.

I am. Never owned a PC for gaming
V6JMasM.png

The time I had with Titanfall was fun as hell. Shame no one plays it on PC, can't even play the damn maps I paid for. Only active mode now is Attrashion. Hardpoint and CTF are so fucking dope.

Yeah, I really like that game too. I wish it had higher replayability though, I kinda got burnt out too fast.

Esch

Banned
But gamers are stupid now, and you have to talk down to them and constantly feeding them and you can't have a little peanut butter with the jelly. Say they want balance but what they want is a million guns that look different but shoot the same. Say they want diversity but what they want is everyone doing the same thing.

Can't imagine how some of these crybabies would feel getting shock combo'd UT style from across the map today. There is a reason why arena shooters died. Y'all are garbage and don't want to learn how to play the game.

Preach, but I think the fall of the arena shooter is due to more than just hand holding becoming mandatory or the rise of consolized shit. The companies that made them had become creatively stale; like, i was actually one of the sad sacks that purchased UTIII and it wasn't even aesthetically or artistically interesting. There were no new or good ideas, not even fun ideas.

my hope lies in titanfall 2 bringing in a bunch of players if they throw a sp campaign in and more hype.

because the base game is fun as hell, UT-like moving around the maps and using the mechs was always fun too.

naw

Y'all won't see me in cod4 tho

and Titanfall is the biggest disappointment of all time for me

I stanned old IW, cod4 is my favorite game of all time

Was in the Titanfall alpha and beta and the game was just boring as fuck. uninteresting guns, stupid ass bots, lame titan mechanics, once I started playing it I realized that this game had no chance of being picked up as a competitive game. Sometimes I think back to how hyped I was 2-3 years ago and just shake my head. I really thought Respawn was gonna shit on the entire industry with this one.

damn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom