• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

im over fps games for the most part. same shit. im probably going to get far cry 4 though because fucking elephants

bioshock 1 is one of my favorite games ever. best atmosphere/setting in any video game imo.

i miss super fast paced FPS games, I was a fucking beast at Unreal tournament. part of the reason why i hate fps games now is that everyone plays like such a wuss, i just run and jump around like crazy lol

Camp Lo

Banned
and Titanfall is the biggest disappointment of all time for me

I stanned old IW, cod4 is my favorite game of all time

Was in the Titanfall alpha and beta and the game was just boring as fuck. uninteresting guns, stupid ass bots, lame titan mechanics, once I started playing it I realized that this game had no chance of being picked up as a competitive game. Sometimes I think back to how hyped I was 2-3 years ago and just shake my head. I really thought Respawn was gonna shit on the entire industry with this one.

damn

dgqgsnao8uja.png
I'm inclined to agree

but I put 400+ hours in
qt79qcju6u86.png

CRS

Hey Toku, how's AW treatin you? Any other gaf-hop fools playing?

Add me on ps4 bruhs: Vorheeze

I'm playing on PC. Enjoying it and Momentum is a LOT of fun.

CtF would be a lot of fun but only with actual friends/people you know. CtF takes a lot more coordination this time around since it's so easy to capture the flag now with the Exo abilites.

im over fps games for the most part. same shit. im probably going to get far cry 4 though because fucking elephants

bioshock 1 is one of my favorite games ever. best atmosphere/setting in any video game imo.

i miss super fast paced FPS games, I was a fucking beast at Unreal tournament. part of the reason why i hate fps games now is that everyone plays like such a wuss, i just run and jump around like crazy lol

This shit right here I'm really only interested FPS's unless there's crazy shit to do like that tbh. I only picked up Destiny due to Bungie and while I enjoy it's basically Borderlands/Halo.

Camp Lo

Banned
This shit right here I'm really only interested FPS's unless there's crazy shit to do like that tbh. I only picked up Destiny due to Bungie and while I enjoy it's basically Borderlands/Halo.

Same. They burned a bridge with that one. I'm waiting months after their next release before considering a purchase.

In what world does Trina get 3.5m views on WS while schoolboy Q can hardly climb past 150k

: [

oh, and relistening to oxy, and it's better to pretend that each song is a single.. and not part of an album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
My initial feelings on oxy were definitely tainted by an overwhelming negative reaction in this thread before I even heard the thing. After not listening to it for several months I came back to it and found that I really really enjoyed it. Only song that I find completely irredeemable is that awful shitpail of a song with Tyler the creator.

Only FPS I play anymore are open world types with RPG elements like Borderlands and Far Cry. Straight up level to level shit like Halo and COD grew stale a long time ago.

Esch

Banned
I'd kill for a zero-g competitive FPS. Like Forsaken or Descent, but all the way. Is there a modern game like that?

When was the last time a "next big thing" failed like Titanfall? For a minute I thought Destiny would follow suit but it's pretty popular apparently.

The concept of Titanfall is great but it always looked like a half done product. Not just the missing SP but also the graphics didn't really look next gen to me. It felt like an Xbox 360 idea that MS moved to the XB1, and then bumped up the release date when the system started struggling. I'd imagine a holiday 2014 release would have resulted in a better game, but then they'd have to deal with CoD...

Meh. PC gaming master race 4 life.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Have you played the System Shock series from which it came?

Camp Lo

Banned
When was the last time a "next big thing" failed like Titanfall? For a minute I thought Destiny would follow suit but it's pretty popular apparently.

The concept of Titanfall is great but it always looked like a half done product. Not just the missing SP but also the graphics didn't really look next gen to me. It felt like an Xbox 360 idea that MS moved to the XB1, and then bumped up the release date when the system started struggling. I'd imagine a holiday 2014 release would have resulted in a better game, but then they'd have to deal with CoD...

Meh. PC gaming master race 4 life.

Titanfall 2 gonna be the shit. They can't do nothing but go up from here
LuEuQ.png

Esch

Banned
Yo.... So I just listened to more of this makonnen wasteman....

Is this what's hot right now in Canada? This shit might be one of the funniest things i've seen and heard in years.

This shit sounds like Boardwalk Empire karaoke. This shit sounds like something playing in saloons in 1904 while complaining about Jack Johnson beating a white man. This guy is one of the worst singers I've ever heard, how did y'all get through a tape of this? This shit sound like the shit Harvey Milk probably lost his virginity to. This sound like something Ray Robinson would dance to on brain damage. WTF is this Canadian tone-deaf tiger rag shit?

KcADG0u.png

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Mak prolly paid Drake 200k for that feature. .He. IS. ASS.

My initial feelings on oxy were definitely tainted by an overwhelming negative reaction in this thread before I even heard the thing. After not listening to it for several months I came back to it and found that I really really enjoyed it. Only song that I find completely irredeemable is that awful shitpail of a song with Tyler the creator.

The other day a friend and I were talking about Oxy and HnC, how HnC crushed Oxy.

Then after he left I listened to them back to back. Bam, couldn't pick the better album. I didn't even realize HnC had ended and Oxy had started. I was just rocking.

Is this what's hot right now in Canada? This shit might be one of the funniest things i've seen and heard in years.

This shit sounds like Boardwalk Empire karaoke. This shit sounds like something playing in saloons in 1904 while complaining about Jack Johnson beating a white man. This guy is one of the worst singers I've ever heard, how did y'all get through a tape of this? This shit sound like the shit Harvey Milk probably lost his virginity to. This sound like something Ray Robinson would dance to on brain damage. WTF is this Canadian tone-deaf tiger rag shit?

KcADG0u.png

What? Dudes not even Canadian lol

Is this what's hot in Murica? WTF is this American tone-deaf tiger rag shit?

Esch

Banned
What? Dudes not even Canadian lol

Is this what's hot in Murica? WTF is this American tone-deaf tiger rag shit?

He's being enabled and funded by dudes from Canada tho
t0hJNcs.png

edit: Mike WiLL is behind this guy? Yo, this guy has done too much. How many garbage artists is he going to put on?

He's being enabled and funded by dudes from Canada tho
t0hJNcs.png

edit: Mike WiLL is behind this guy? Yo, this guy has done too much. How many garbage artists is he going to put on?

Drake signed him thats about it. All his "This shit sounds like Boardwalk Empire karaoke. This shit sounds like something playing in saloons in 1904 while complaining about Jack Johnson beating a white man. This guy is one of the worst singers I've ever heard, how did y'all get through a tape of this? This shit sound like the shit Harvey Milk probably lost his virginity to. This sound like something Ray Robinson would dance to on brain damage. " Shit was made in the great country of Murica.
kttcolipacspit

So Drake gave him a deal and distro and enabled him to pop off this year, that's about it

oh wait thats the only thing that matters
t0hJNcs.png

You're really just looking for any reason possible to go against Canada lol

From being totally wrong about something to now it's Drake's fault.
jordanlaff

Dude is trash tho, I'll give you that. Plus he still looks like Magic Johnson's son

KcADG0u.png

Peep his attire brehs. Dude is dressed like a pet molester.

KcADG0u.png

Holy shit this song lmfao. I actually never heard this one. Actually dude is a huge lil b fan

siddx

I still lay the blame on Drake. If you find a pile of shit, you can just leave it there for one dude to stumble into on accident, or you can be Drake and pick it up and smear it into the faces of everyone around him. Fucking asshole.

Esch

Banned
You're really just looking for any reason possible to go against Canada lol

Dude is trash tho, I'll give you that. Plus he still looks like Magic Johnson's son

I knew he was from ATL, but the fact is he got put on by OVO wastemen, the weakest squad in rap and a bunch of canadians
5I5s8.png
. Kind of like how America is really to blame for Al-Qaeda and Saddam.

Speaking of WTF, Lupe released his new single..

:dead: talking some shit about white people....

Cheddahz

Banned
I still lay the blame on Drake. If you find a pile of shit, you can just leave it there for one dude to stumble into on accident, or you can be Drake and pick it up and smear it into the faces of everyone around him. Fucking asshole.

More like "fucking 6 God"

siddx

Yeah but which lunchables? Cause Ham and Cheddar is delicious. But those mini pizzas and the wet soggy hot dogs can go fuck right the fuck off.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm so down for more mobility in shooters. I really feel they're reaching a point where mobility is on par or greater than the Quake/UT types, but in it's own era.

Haven't played much Titanfall or enough to get used to it, but the stuff Bungie has been implementing for a while has been great and Advanced Warfare looks sexy because it takes things all the way. (And Halo 5 has looked like it would since the initial reveal, recently being confirmed by leaks).

I'm so down for more mobility in shooters. I really feel they're reaching a point where mobility is on par or greater than the Quake/UT types, but in it's own era.

Haven't played much Titanfall or enough to get used to it, but the stuff Bungie has been implementing for a while has been great and Advanced Warfare looks sexy because it takes things all the way. (And Halo 5 has looked like it would since the initial reveal, recently being confirmed by leaks).

Advanced Warfare is great. I've played every single COD and this is the first one in years that feels really fresh.

People are so easily blinded by the flash of double jumps and wallrunning.

How about these shooters try to surpass FEAR in pure visceral gunplay one of these days maybe. Also AI.

How about these shooters try to surpass FEAR in pure visceral gunplay one of these days maybe. Also AI.

lmao. never gonna happen.

i dunno what the hell monolith stumbled upon with that game but even they lost the magic after FEAR. that god-tier AI, felt like every firefight i was on the edge of death in a john woo film

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Yea right. lol. Mainstream doesn't want it with those soldiers, nor the Opp For goons in Black Mesa. lol.

Mobility still has a ways to go. There is still nothing like running around 150 miles per hour and pulling off the tricks in Quake and whatnot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

What is flashy about that stuff? It's functional, and level design changes gameplay to reflect that as well. Well, good level design, anyways.

EDIT: Not to mention mobility is an integral part of gunplay. This post makes no sense.

cacophony

you do not fuck w. the three migos

btw i was listening to scary site 2 the other day and fredo has lke the most off time flow ive ever heard

What is flashy about that stuff? It's functional, and level design changes gameplay to reflect that as well. Well, good level design, anyways.

A shooter is built on the foundation of the act of shooting weapons. Introducing verticality and lots of paths with mobility is great, but if I'm still shooting peashooters with weak audio-visual feedback, I'd rather just go play a platformer than jank around in Titanfall or Destiny or CoD.

Make sure every weapon in my hands is a monster, then add the flourishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom