• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm copping Dragon Age day one.

debating if i'm gonna do the same (have gcu and a $20 best buy card, so i would be getting it for cheap). i haven't played a good wrpg since the witcher 2 and the new dragon age looks like it's a huge improvement over da2 (but anything is)

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
it's pretty funny to see reviewers bitching about NDAs they agreed to sign tho lmao

how is Sunset Overdrive? thinking about picking that up instead of AC.

Esch

Banned
gamers think they're entitled because they post in a video game forum, so their opinion (according to them) should be the way a game is made

the internet has really ruined gaming (for me at least) and that's why i don't really post in the gaming side of this site anymore

stopped w/that shit in 2009/10 and i never looked back. i'll occasionally reference it for info that i might need like requirements, or during steam sales but thats about it.

The internet hasn't ruined anything for me but in the past couple months i've grown pretty tired of sad sack posters. brehs trying to use shit as their livejournal, fuckouttahere
yabW6ir.png

cb1115

dope

it's been one of my favorite games of the year and i just love everything about it (well, besides the humor)

great, think I might go ahead and pick that up today if AC reviews are bad.

finally listening to that Theo London album. sounds like it was ripped straight out of the 80s. in a good way.

Cheddahz

Banned
great, think I might go ahead and pick that up today if AC reviews are bad.

i mean, the controls take some time to get used to, but i haven't had this fun traveling a world since tony hawk and it's just fun to try and get some nice combos going

there's also a good amount of collectibles and challenges in the game as well, so you'll have a good amount of stuff to do

Ever since SF4 dropped I pretty much stopped playing most games except for that.

Saved lots of money tbh. I don't buy games that are basically just adventure and no real replayability. Last game I bought was GTA and I really enjoyed it. I've never bought an AC game but played and beat most of them.

I did buy some random games with all that free money I got off of Gamestop tho

cb1115

i mean, the controls take some time to get used to, but i haven't had this fun traveling a world since tony hawk and it's just fun to try and get some nice combos going

there's also a good amount of collectibles and challenges in the game as well, so you'll have a good amount of stuff to do

i'm usually a sucker for games with a colorful, lively art style anyway. glad to hear the traversal is a lot of fun too.

*pours one out for Prince of Persia '08*

Courage

AC Unity fuckery won't even be that crazy. People know what to expect from Glitchisoft ever since AC: Revelations, and moreso with AC3.

10421543_10152347430880806_6524896336293302071_n.jpg

Tony Starks returns to Staten Island after 9 years, like a man returning home from a war. He wants the company of old friends, to reunite with his girl, to live a quiet life.

But New York has other plans for him…

Pitchfork Media has said “Ghostface has unparalleled storytelling instincts. He might be the best, most colorful storyteller rap has ever seen”. Q Magazine called him “rap’s finest storyteller”. On his new release 36 Seasons those powers have never been more in-focus, as he takes his listeners on a gut-wrenching journey of double-cross and revenge through the rough and rugged housing projects of New York’s Staten Island.

On 36 Seasons Ghostface once again delivers exactly what the hardcore Wu-fans crave: desperate tales from the dark side over soulful boom-bap tracks. The soundscape is provided The Revelations [Brooklyn’s acclaimed soul band/production team]. Their hard-hitting tracks match the intensity of Ghost’s violent narrative. His co-stars on 36 Seasons are legendary lyricists and storytellers in their own right, 3 of the greatest of all-time: AZ, Kool G Rap and Pharoahe Monch. The album also features vocal contributions from Blue Note Records’ rising star Kandace Springs and gritty soul singers Rell and Tre Williams.

To visually flesh out the album’s dark and twisted world, the CD's packaging includes 20 pages of striking images from a host of stellar comic artists, curated by the team that created Ghostface’s 2013 six-issue comic mini-series, 12 Reasons to Die. Available from 12.12.2014
http://www.grooveattack.com/2014/11/05/ghostface-killah-36-seasons/

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
S799vbT.gif

overcast

We kinda live-journal in here too, is the difference that we know and respect each other?

Gaming sucks, but I'll go over there for news and fuckery. I post sometimes. Still the primary place I go to for

Cheddahz

Banned
We kinda live-journal in here too, is the difference that we know and respect each other?

Gaming sucks, but I'll go over there for news and fuckery. I post sometimes. Still the primary place I go to for

I mean maybe, but people get real emotion when the game they've been wanting to play all year doesn't have the resolution they wanted it to have or it's missing the one gameplay feature they wanted

Games are games, games aren't life.

Ghostface Killah - Love Don't Live Here No More Lead Single.

From Pitchfork:

The album features soul band the Revelations, Pharoahe Monch, Kool G Rap, and AZ, among others.

36 Seasons:
01 The Battlefield [ft. GFK, Kool G Rap, AZ, Tre Williams]
02 Love Don’t Live Here No More [ft. Kandace Springs]
03 Here I Go Again [ft. GFK, AZ, Rell]
04 Loyalty [ft. Kool G Rap, Nems]
05 It’s a Thin Line Between Love and Hate [ft. The Revelations]
06 The Dog’s of War [ft. GFK, Shawn Wigs, Kool G Rap]
07 Emergency Procedure [ft. GFK, Pharoahe Monch]
08 Double Cross [ft. GFK, AZ]
09 Bamboo’s Lament [ft. Kandace Springs]
10 Pieces of the Puzzle [ft. GFK, AZ]
11 Homicide [ft. GFK, Nems, Shawn Wigs]
12 Blood in the Streets [ft. GFK, AZ]
13 Call My Name [ft. GFK]
14 I Love You For All Seasons [ft. The Revelations]

http://pitchfork.com/news/57400-ghostface-killah-announces-new-album-36-seasons-shares-love-dont-live-here-no-more/

Esch

Banned
It'll probably suck. Temper your expectations PD. Don't fall for this shit again.

Yeah, i'm the same way. Art looks really nice though.

nah, what i'm talking about is ppl day in day out spilling their guts all over the internet, it's lame af. people here might share an anecdote or look for comfort, that's fine, but its a lot of people on forums that shit up the place with their misery.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LEAVE A BITCH HEAD IN MACAROOONI

I've only heard Try Me, and it's a good song, but it gets funnier on every repeated listen, especially with the video.

What did ya'll make of this Dej Loaf, I forgot. Is the audio quality supposed to sound like shit-gaze

I like her voice. It's quite a jarring juxtaposition to hear someone rapping about murking entire families in a sing song voice. But I don't really like that song because outside of the voice she's not really doing anything interesting on the mic.

I know where's she from though...she's not playing around.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's not just a gaming thing or even something you see more of in gaming TBH.

I don't follow many GAFers on twitter but even in the limited selection I do there's still a shit ton of "let me use social media to make people conform to my idea." THAT shit gets annoying, when every issue justifies a social movement from the jump. Someone said it best in another thread, people are more interested in defending their own existing biases than they are open to discourse about something that isn't objectively true.

codhand

so new assassin's creed embargoed reviews until noon on the day of release; today, and it's getting largely shit on. fuck ubisoft

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I guess it's telling that Elzhi wasn't on the Detroit track. Where the fuck is this dude?

Did Nas have him murked out on the low?

mooooose

New Ghost is good, dope beat, but I'm waiting on Supreme Clientele 2.

I think Ghost is doing all these things to get his hype up and get quick money so he can make a big move with SC2. No way he's putting out all this collab work and doesn't have an actual solo album to put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom