• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it die. RZA was fresh like Goku coming back to body Nappa on the Supreme Clientele production.

Without him at that level, you can't name an album SC2. It'd be sacrilege.

RZA produced 5 tracks on SC (not including skits), and they weren't even the best tracks on the album. Mathematics did Mighty Healthy and Wu Banga 101.

SC2's production credits should be Apollo Brown, Bronze Nazareth, Mathematics, Roc Marciano, Alchemist...keep RZA away unless he wants to give Ghost some of those unused Wu Forever beats.

i still don't know what happened here, i remember years back tokus posted that yonkers video and we all went nuts, people were talkin about that album vs bastard and whatever, des (i wanna say) was hyping earl or mellow or whatever

a bunch of OT's & a comedy central or whatever show go by and they're gambino weed carrier levels out here, and even i don't wanna fuck with em. it's like only frank made it out alive.

I think the problem with the OF crew is 50% their fans and the rest is really hit or miss music. I remember downloading bastard the day it came out on some hypebeast thread and being blown away by it. Everything since then has been a decline for me. That ontop of their current adult swim show and dumb clothing completely turned me off of almost anything that whole crew puts out. As someone said once "Odd future is ICP for upper middle class suburban white kids".

PlayDat

Let me try out this IrishNinja multi-quote flow
This new Stand4rd album is so fucking chill

BTW, Thestand4rd is a group comprised of Allan Kingdom, Psymun, Bobby Raps, and Spooky Black,
Gave this one a second try and had to turn it off after a few minutes. Production is good, but the rappers (at least whoever's on the first few songs) are awful.

Also Thraxxhouse keeping witch-rap alive:

Baby Tears's voice was kind of grating at first, but I'm glad I kept listening. I fux with this. Might cop.

Never heard of blockhead before. This is tight.

as a RZA fan i wish i could argue this, but i can't. don't do sequel albums brehs.
RTJ2 for GOAT sequel album?

Vorheez

...i still don't know what happened here, i remember years back tokus posted that yonkers video and we all went nuts, people were talkin about that album vs bastard and whatever, des (i wanna say) was hyping earl or mellow or whatever

a bunch of OT's & a comedy central or whatever show go by and they're gambino weed carrier levels out here, and even i don't wanna fuck with em. it's like only frank made it out alive.
truth right here, OF dropped off the map

Esch

Banned
I was a Mellowhype stan.

Cmon breh. You held it dine for the whole Odd Future crew in '11.

giphy.gif

JohnDoe

Banned
People here liking that new ghost song? His rapping is just okay (used to better shit from ghost tbh) and I don't like the beat at all. No swing behind that beat and the syncopated sound is irritating as fuck.

Ghostface Killah Announces "36 Seasons" Album, Release Date & Tracklist

Get On Down is also slated to sell a CD version bundle that comes with the album’s instrumentals; an exclusive 11”x17” ‘Movie’ poster; a vinyl LP of the album; a 24 page “graphic novel” booklet curated by the team that created 2013’s Twelve Reasons To Die graphic novel mini-series; a CD, including vocal album and instrumentals; and an exclusive 36 Seasons T-shirt.

The 36 Seasons CD bundle packaging, cover art are as follows:

EDIT: 50 bucks for the entire bundle

16 bucks for just the poster and CD

mooooose

RZA produced 5 tracks on SC (not including skits), and they weren't even the best tracks on the album. Mathematics did Mighty Healthy and Wu Banga 101.

SC2's production credits should be Apollo Brown, Bronze Nazareth, Mathematics, Roc Marciano, Alchemist...keep RZA away unless he wants to give Ghost some of those unused Wu Forever beats.
RZA exec produced SC way more hands on than a lot of other producers. Think Dre esque. He got the stems for all of the beats and put his fingerprints on a lot of them.

Never really fucked with OF during the initial hype heard Yonkers and Goblin thought it was so-so but I always fucked with Frank Ocean didn't really like Tyler and Earl until I heard Doris and Wolf. For the most part I like those two both of the projects were really good and I'm looking forward to their next releases.

Ferg x YG dropping at 6

B2MJAtEIIAAx9Ua.jpg

Is this on Ferg Forever ? can't wait

IrishNinja

wait if im reading that right, get on down has the ghost vinly + comic for $25? that's all i need right there

speaking of, still gotta get down to kinko's and have this beauty blown up for my music corner

RTJ2 for GOAT sequel album?

it's up there for me, yeah
ps that was a nice try playdat & i don't mean to be bold, but put that multiquote swaggerjackin' shit on hold

Esch

Banned
The promise in that first Earl tape brehs. It was like Words From The Genius. But we didn't get a Liquid Swords followup :(

IrishNinja

prolly gonna go in on the ghost vinyl...A Better Tomorrow vinyl preorder just went up but they want $40 for it with a nice shirt, and i'm broke as fuck out here.
...plus, you know, I mean i loves me some Wu but $40 will feel like a lot if this turns into 8 Diagrams again or some shit. might wait & see how much amazon wants for the record.

JohnDoe

Banned
prolly gonna go in on the ghost vinyl...A Better Tomorrow vinyl preorder just went up but they want $40 for it with a nice shirt, and i'm broke as fuck out here.
...plus, you know, I mean i loves me some Wu but $40 will feel like a lot if this turns into 8 Diagrams again or some shit. might wait & see how much amazon wants for the record.

From the singles I've heard so far, I wish we'd get 8 diagrams quality.

Jitters

Lumping Earl with the rest OF is a damn sin.

Speaking of Earl, I can't believe how much I loved Staples' EP. He usually puts me to sleep, but I fuck with that tape big time.

IrishNinja

From the singles I've heard so far, I wish we'd get 8 diagrams quality.

wait, as in cartoons plural? i only heard that one single so far, what's out there? this might heavily affect my decision

a life or death scenario that depends on your gaf username

"Shit, I led a life you can write a book on - sex, murder and mayhem, romance for the street
man, and I tell ya, it'll be the best-seller"
- Cheddahz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom