• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I'm a little tired of the nic cage thing simply cause most of my girlfriends from college are ironically obsessed with him and his wack movies so i see a lot of the memes and shit in social media. The gifs are still classic though.

Weird thing to fuss over but I miss Ghost's voice he had when he was younger. That's not to say he doesn't do his thing in recent times but still. :(

Esch

Banned
drops @ 8pm tonight

B2KfjxeIEAA1HVt.jpg

Fjordson

Weird thing to fuss over but I miss Ghost's voice he had when he was younger. That's not to say he doesn't do his thing in recent times but still. :(
lol I know what you mean. Naturally higher pitched and more energetic. Still love Ghost though.

It's the same for me with Blu (though some of that I feel like is him just changing his delivery). Then versus now.

IrishNinja

#BringBackNicheGame

this one's a really good cause tho

Didn't know ghost face had an album coming?

LE looks dope
www.getondown.com/product/item.php?id=17973

aww shit, why you gotta link to the LE like this

It'll probably suck. Temper your expectations PD. Don't fall for this shit again.

12 reasons could've been better but didn't suck, hush

soulful as fuck

It's smooth and soulful. It's a good track.

this was my impression too, hyped
tracklisting/features looks tight too

elmatic>illmatic

macca's sour right now he didn't do this first

I'm actually pumped. For some reason Rick Ross brings out the best in Hov

i'd say jay elec but then ross after that, yeah...will listen

Elzhi is nearly on Jay Elec's level in terms of fucking up his buzz. Elmatic was dope as fuck on every level/very well received and even before that he had a really solid album with Black Milk. But he hasn't done shit since then. I remember when he was seemingly about to do an album with Madlib but only released one freestyle over a Madlib beat.

Jitters

That Ghostface song is sweet, but I am keeping my expectations low for the album.

Its crazy how Azealia Banks isn't a great rapper or a great singer yet puts out an album that goes that hard. Its one that will keep entertained for a long time.

Its been awhile since it came out and I still play the hell out of the opening track on Riff Raff's album. It solidified him as the GOAT joke rapper.

Ras Kass's album with Apollo Brown isn't too bad. The dude seems to touch on every topic you possibly could, but nothing on the album that really makes me want to come back for more listens. Its no Soul on Ice.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
but where the fuck is Supreme Clientèle 2? :(

Let it die. RZA was fresh like Goku coming back to body Nappa on the Supreme Clientele production.

Without him at that level, you can't name an album SC2. It'd be sacrilege.

Ras Kass's album with Apollo Brown isn't too bad. The dude seems to touch on every topic you possibly could, but nothing on the album that really makes me want to come back for more listens. Its no Soul on Ice.

It lacks that Ras Kass intensity. The beats are all one note and too mellow for him.

I wanna hear Ras talk his shit. Cocky, braggadocios Ras is best Ras.

IrishNinja

Actually I loved 12 reasons

Totally worked for me. Still got that box set

wish i would've...did it include the whole comic? always wanted to read that

Elzhi is nearly on Jay Elec's level in terms of fucking up his buzz. Elmatic was dope as fuck on every level/very well received and even before that he had a really solid album with Black Milk. But he hasn't done shit since then. I remember when he was seemingly about to do an album with Madlib but only released one freestyle over a Madlib beat.

funny, i was just thinking of asking what the fuck dude did since Elmatic - as a slum village fan i had high hopes dude would stay working too

that album cover

for real, shit looks like a parody

Let it die. RZA was fresh like Goku coming back to body Nappa on the Supreme Clientele production.

Without him at that level, you can't name an album SC2. It'd be sacrilege.

as a RZA fan i wish i could argue this, but i can't. don't do sequel albums brehs.

It lacks that Ras Kass intensity. The beats are all one note and too mellow for him.

I wanna hear Ras talk his shit. Cocky, braggadocios Ras is best Ras.

as a mid-tier white devil i felt this too, growing up with some PE cassettes & bootleg x-clan shit i find if the lead vocalist doesn't really hate the shit out of me the track just feels lazy, you know?

IrishNinja

I don't have to take that from a Juggalo.

go to one festival with siddx and you never let shit go, i swear
that lineup had more classic rappers than a white college radio station playlist man

I'm struggling to care about the fact that Tyler is having a new album.

...i still don't know what happened here, i remember years back tokus posted that yonkers video and we all went nuts, people were talkin about that album vs bastard and whatever, des (i wanna say) was hyping earl or mellow or whatever

a bunch of OT's & a comedy central or whatever show go by and they're gambino weed carrier levels out here, and even i don't wanna fuck with em. it's like only frank made it out alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom