• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
B2M5_PnIAAAi-rN.jpg:large

This pic is scaring the shit out of me. He's 5 heads tall

PBY

Banned
Man is it just me or doesn't the new Krit album do anything
It's like listening to the whole thing and wondering if you can either remember any unique moment and at the same time have the feeling that you've heard those exact same songs before.

I thought it was bad.

Nibel

It's like listening to the whole thing and wondering if you can either remember any unique moment and at the same time have the feeling that you've heard those exact same songs before.

I thought it was bad.

Agreed, that's exactly how I feel about it.

Also, album version of Mt. Olympus is hot garbage.

Nibel

Listening to the Logic album, and while I must say it's a pretty solid (debut?) album, I can't help but feel a lot of it feels 'constructed'. Also, the Kenny/Drizzy influence is undeniable.

thabiz

after playing unity last night, i am completely floored by the hate from all corners. review sites, forum users, twitter, etc. I cant help but feel this is getting shit on because of one simple word. parity.

Courage

after playing unity last night, i am completely floored by the hate from all corners. review sites, forum users, twitter, etc. I cant help but feel this is getting shit on because of one simple word. parity.

..did you read the reviews? The overreaction to parity is a valid point, but it definitely has some huge technical issues along with the sleazy micro transactions.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Well, that and the massive game-breaking bugs and framerate that drops and raises below single digits. I mean, you can feel free to still like it, but there are verifiable, documented problems with the game. Not really up for debate, tbh.

codhand

i dont doubt that the rage is overblown as it so often is, but im rustled at the fact that this is worst reviewed one in the series since AC1, and it also just "coincidentally" happened to have an absurd review embargo. destiny did the same shit but under the guise of an online game needing time in the wild to be properly evaluated, also turned out to be kaka.

thabiz

..did you read the reviews? The overreaction to parity is a valid point, but it definitely has some huge technical issues along with the sleazy micro transactions.

dont use micro transactions so i dont give a shit about that. is it there, sure, do i care, no.

i am playing on pc, so im not seeing most of the complaints. game is drop dead gorgeous, and havent encountered any game breaking glitches yet. i did notice some shadow pop, but most games have this. sorry, havent seen the problems YET. so far i enjoyed the 3 or so hours i played last night.

It's dope?

so far, yes. but im a history nut, so i love the AC series.

IrishNinja

yeah im gonna run through krit's new one a few more times but that doesnt sound too far from my impression i guess, definitely liked the original version of olympus a bit more

My summer jam this year gets an urban rework remix

Mr. Probz - Waves [Robin Schulz Remix] Ft. T.I. & Chris Brown

https://soundcloud.com/laleaks/mr-probz-waves-robin-schulz-remix-ft-ti-chris-brown

Fux with this, OG still better

yeah, dug the OG track here, not interested in getting brown's paws on it really

i heard about the bad framerate/etc drops, god knows if shit will get patched but what's the details on the micro transactions? can you finish the game without em or is shit just bad?

codhand

i take that back, barring the Vita AC, this is the worst reviewed entry in the series. that embargo was to scam consumers. i'm sure it's still a decent game.

Courage

dont use micro transactions so i dont give a shit about that. is it there, sure, do i care, no.

i am playing on pc, so im not seeing most of the complaints. game is drop dead gorgeous, and havent encountered any game breaking glitches yet. i did notice some shadow pop, but most games have this. sorry, havent seen the problems YET. so far i enjoyed the 3 or so hours i played last night.

Like WW said, you're still allowed to enjoy it but it's ridiculous to claim others haven't been experiencing issues, especially when there's abundant proof.

PBY

Banned
i take that back, barring the Vita AC, this is the worst reviewed entry in the series. that embargo was to scam consumers.
Man I can't give too fucks about embargoes. Like you can't wait one day?

I dunno the other side of the board just confuses me with the level of rage that just drops.

The game can suck- but so what? If it sucks it sucks, don't play it and keep it moving. Why so much outrage? It's fucking videogames.

codhand

Like WW said, you're still allowed to enjoy it but it's ridiculous to claim others haven't been experiencing issues, especially when there's abundant proof.

i don't think he's saying that, he's just saying if you tune out all the negativity, the game itself is good. i just dont like the approach ubisoft took.

i hear you peterb0y, wait a day always the best option.

so for me i had it as part of the Target b2g1, i went with AC cause it's typically a solid choice. if i had waited to chose games Target would have been out of stock on several new game skus, so i'd be stuck with something i really dont want, or getting nothing and saying fuck it.

bottom line i can exchange if i want but i might keep it, cause im kinda with Biz on the whole thing, especially since i picked the PC version

Courage

i dont think hes saying that, he's just saying if you tune out all the negativity, the game itself is good. i just dont like the approach ubisoft took.
He said most people hate it because of parity, when in reality only Sony crazies care about that shit.

thabiz

from what ive seen most of these complaints are about the console versions. im 1080/60 locked. everything max except textures. game is gorgeous. havent encountered any bugs or glitches, except shadow pop-in, which i dont consider a bug, but a limitation of the engine.

pc users still expecting to instantly max every port with 2 year old cards are insane.

yes i do believe there is a large portion of reviews that were written was out of spite because of 180p's. i simply have not seen any glaring technical issues with the pc version.

Courage

from what ive seen most of these complaints are about the console versions. im 1080/60 locked. everything max except textures. game is gorgeous. havent encountered any bugs or glitches, except shadow pop-in, which i dont consider a bug, but a limitation of the engine.

pc users still expecting to instantly max every port with 2 year old cards are insane.
Once again, this doesn't invalidate the other issues that plague the console versions. That's the version most people are gonna buy.

Weirdly enough, if everything you're saying is true, this is the first AC that has a superior PC port compared to its console counterparts.

thabiz

Once again, this doesn't invalidate the other issues that plague the console versions. That's the version most people are gonna buy.

Weirdly enough, if everything you're saying is true, this is the first AC that has a superior PC port compared to its console counterparts.

i dont care about the console version as i am not playing it. if theres valid issues with that version then fine. but to write off the game completely, on all formats, is just wrong.

wait, why am i arguing about video games. whatever.

IrishNinja

man my roommate's a Asscreed fan, he'll prolly still jump on this - honestly im just hoping to swing Evil Within or Alien Isolation for like $20 on black friday, ideally online. think he's grabbing bayo 2 so there's not much else this year im after

2015 tho? bloodborne, zelda, yakuza zero (import), uncharted, presumably phantom pain, persona 5...phew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom