• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

They review games with the review copies they're given. I'm actually surprised Ubisoft didn't send them a PC review code if it's actually the superior version.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm waiting on some user reviews of Dragon Age 3, because lol at trusting reviewers on that series. If that's any good, I may get it. Otherwise, I may be done for the year.

I mean, this Halo here is pretty sweet, right Hii?

Man I can't give too fucks about embargoes. Like you can't wait one day?

I dunno the other side of the board just confuses me with the level of rage that just drops.

The game can suck- but so what? If it sucks it sucks, don't play it and keep it moving. Why so much outrage? It's fucking videogames.
Peterboy I don't know if you know this, but you're on a videogame message board. If you go to other message boards about certain hobbies there is outrage by shit you don't care about all the time. Its fucking cars, its fucking headphones. Etc. No need to be so dismissive when people who care too much about something get upset. Like I'm still mad DMC is probably super ded and promise me you'll see my faux internet outrage when the time comes.

thabiz

Peterboy I don't know if you know this, but you're on a videogame message board. If you go to other message boards about certain hobbies there is outrage by shit you don't care about all the time. Its fucking cars, its fucking headphones. Etc. No need to be so dismissive when people who care too much about something get upset. Like I'm still mad DMC is probably super ded and promise me you'll see my faux internet outrage when the time comes.

but theres a sense of entitlement thats cropped up recently. i blame the whole ps4 hashtag movement. people actually think that they have a say now on how a major corporation makes, and markets a product. its crazy.

WanderingWind

I thought I was above being salty about video games too, until Dragon Age 2 came brought me back to SNES vs. Genesis days. I will go to my grave hating everything about that game.

We all have our one.

codhand

entitled gaming confessions?

im still mad Halo wasnt a Mac exclusive
tocry.png

PBY

Banned
I'm actually gonna go ahead and say gamers are the worst.

See gamergate.

Esch

Banned
I haven't been buttmad about buying a game since the last 2/5 of Metal Gear Solid 4. But that was in college where a 70 (yes i got the trill ass special edition with the classic MGS art) dollar purchase was gonna set me back a bit. That's enough for an eighth and some liquor :(
none of that shit matters. What is hobby outrage?

wait am i being trolled

codhand

a little hobby outrage is good

but for me the wave broke during the Mass Effect 3 ending, i had never seen such outrage over such minutia here

that and not the ps4 shit was when gamers started thinking they had a say

IrishNinja

I haven't been buttmad about buying a game since the last 2/5 of Metal Gear Solid 4. But that was in college where a 70 (yes i got the trill ass special edition with the classic MGS art) dollar purchase was gonna set me back a bit. That's enough for an eighth and some liquor :(

im a huge MGS fan and the wounds from this still haven't healed

WanderingWind

a little hobby outrage is good

but for me the wave broke during the Mass Effect 3 ending, i had never seen such outrage over such minutia here

that and not the ps4 shit was when gamers started thinking they had a say

Ha. ME3 was definitely a kick in the nuts, too. Maybe I should just stop buying EA RPGs.

but theres a sense of entitlement thats cropped up recently. i blame the whole ps4 hashtag movement. people actually think that they have a say now on how a major corporation makes, and markets a product. its crazy.
Every consumer has a sense of entitlement as they are purchasing a product and expect certain things when going in. A lot of gaming companies lie or are very unclear when selling their games so people get upset because they've just spent 60 bucks on some bullshit. I've found the solution to this problem already for myself (wait for sales, don't need to be there day one, avoid preordering, don't fall for marketing) so I'm not as upset when something goes slightly wrong, plus I don't have as much time as I used to. But I can see why they are mad, even if some of the rage can be lessened. Also the way companies do things is just some armchair analyst shit and should probably be ignored as such, happens everywhere and I don't think it's exclusive to video games.

Esch

Banned
Luckily videogaming isn't really that good anymore so you don't have to get overhyped for shit. Just like rap.

troll.png

I'm part of the peterb0y school of don't buy it and shrug move on. You have the choice to say no with your wallet, so..

thabiz

Luckily videogaming isn't really that good anymore so you don't have to get overhyped for shit. Just like rap.

troll.png

I'm part of the peterb0y school of don't buy it and shrug move on. You have the choice to say no with your wallet, so..

yep. stfu and move on.

I'm actually gonna go ahead and say gamers are the worst.

See gamergate.

Yeah I agree

none of that shit matters. What is hobby outrage?

wait am i being trolled
People get mad over meaningless shit all the time. I work at a movie theater, I know

HiResDes

Yo if your monitor was working perfectly before but now stays on for about three seconds and suddenly dies would you assume it's dead. I haven't configured it any differently, but now it just shows my desktop for a bit and then instantly cuts off.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I was just thinking the other day that I'm actually embarrassed to be identified as a gamer these days, and thats never been the case in my 25 years of gaming. Between shit like gamergate, fanboy console wars, creepy as fuck virgin fantasy games like bayonetta (sorry guys, but be real, game is straight out of a 13 year old's wet dream), port begging and all this ridiculous entitlement, for the first time in my life I actually don't want people to know I play video games.

Esch

Banned
Video games are in the aughts right now in rap years. Gem here or there, surrounded by neat ideas and poor execution.

Yup. Everyone on steam is listening to MF Doom and talking about being real rap fans, the console dudes are listening to Dipset who keeps selling less and less. Give it 4 years and the lines will be blurred, but everyone will be buying off steam
troll.png

Man, $70 for an eighth?

Heh.

40-50$ for some dro and 25-20+tax for some decent booze m8

I was just thinking the other day that I'm actually embarrassed to be identified as a gamer these days, and thats never been the case in my 25 years of gaming. Between shit like gamergate, fanboy console wars, creepy as fuck virgin fantasy games like bayonetta (sorry guys, but be real, game is straight out of a 13 year old's wet dream), port begging and all this ridiculous entitlement, for the first time in my life I actually don't want people to know I play video games.
Shit on my campus if you go to the top floor of the student center, are attractive, and say you play video games you might get your dick sucked. And bayonetta is awesome. Gamergate is smh shit though. It's why I stopped browsing v and gaming side, pathetic.

Esch

Banned
Port begging has been around as long as I've been on the internet. I remember one of the first things I read on gaming forums was PS2 only squad whining about not being able to play Otogi.

thabiz

what kind of weird ass shit are you buying.

had a Z of some deadhead a couple of weeks ago, and man, that name is on point.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lol none of y'all have any room the complain, the weed they sell here looks like it was scraped off the bottom of someone's shoes and mashed into a bag. It's just a lump of brown compacted shit with all the stems crushed into it. It gives you an instant headache and smells like dead assholes. If I actually smoked weed I'd be depressed as shit about it.

Esch

Banned
My weed/connect is better than yours peen measuring.
KcADG0u.png

We gonna go all the way back to junior year now? Maybe put some Termanology on? Compare bong features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom