• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

jbpM02uX3dwcIX.png

kl0fK0s.jpg

overcast

Hey guys, my friend just showed me this hilarious vine. Kanye was dancing to Young Thug and Kim didn't look very happy. I'm on my phone, anyone have a link?

Vorheez

Courage, you need to get up outta that left turning thread, you're fighting an uphill battle. Trying to argue with some of these clowns is like trying to start a fire underwater.

Majority of 'em do it to try and create some sort of false perception of them online, acting as if they aren't human beings who make mistakes behind that keyboard

Courage

Courage, you need to get up outta that left turning thread, you're fighting an uphill battle. Trying to argue with some of these clowns is like trying to start a fire underwater.

Majority of 'em do it to try and create some sort of false perception of them online, acting as if they aren't human beings who make mistakes behind that keyboard

Yeah, I stopped lol. Not worth it. Equate drunk driving to late left turns brehs.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Um uhh
I calle it one part nostalgia, and nine parts recognizing greatness.
There's just something about Eminem Show that resonates deeeply with me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That vortex man... Eminem pulls me in every fucking time.
In one of these recent threads, I finally decided to give it a rest when I got the same responses you often see from Em stans. I mean, I admit, Ye has been a big part of how I went about exploring hip-hop and it does distort my perspective at times, but typical Em fans are on a whole other level of insularity.

Not even upsetting really, your tastes can be whatever, it just must really suck having Eminem as a frame of reference for the rest of hip-hop.

Camp Lo

Banned
In one of these recent threads, I finally decided to give it a rest when I got the same responses you often see from Em stans. I mean, I admit, Ye has been a big part of how I went about exploring hip-hop and it does distort my perspective at times, but typical Em fans are on a whole other level of insularity.

Not even upsetting really, your tastes can be whatever, it just must really suck having Eminem as a frame of reference for the rest of hip-hop.

Especially when all the points you made here

Man, it would be weird if you could apply this argument to a rapper who is known for obsessively using pop culture references and explicit violence, especially against women/his mother. But that would be relatively juvenile compared to all of these unnamed albums that exclusively talk about being rich and the best rapper.

are overlooked. Man...

You ain't getting a best outta me, Swag. Ain't happening.

HiiiLife

I love Gibbs, but yeah. It's probably my favorite album this year.

Eastside Slim (assuming he drops that this year) will probably lower my expectations enough that I can get excited for Lifestyles of the Insane, but we'll see.

Same. Piñata and RTJ2 are my favorites this year.

I liked multiply a lot. Didn't care for all the fashion references, which might be the whole song, but I liked his flow and the beat.

I haven't even checked Trap Lord. Might need to one day.

HiiiLife

Damn Camp Lo you got me wanting to find some rappers who sampled video games now. Duno where to start. All I got is golden pp7s by clear soul forces lol

Edit: wtf Kendricks hair

Esch

Banned
Kendrick setting a poor example for the youth with his disgusting unbathed appearance. Breh looks like Badu convinced him to stop using soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom