• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

jbpM02uX3dwcIX.png
stfu Ab-Soul

PlayDat

home.jpg

Common, Malik Yusef, Kumasi, Aaron Fresh, Choklate & Laci Kay – Trouble In The Water. Apparently HOME is a Climate Change EP, or something. Okay song, great verses.

Mostly alright. Last verse is atrocious though.

TRACKLISTING

1.Mushroom Cloud
2.Pangaea
3.Apex
4.Cold World ft. BJ The Chicago Kid
5.Lost Boy
6.Overhead
7.Permanent
8.You Know
9.Gatekeepers
10.Cleaning House
11.This Man, This Woman ft. Caroline Smith
12.Heal ft. P.O.S.
13.Rebirth ft. Lydia Liza

The first thing that's going to immediately stand is the production on this joint. The live instrumentation is perfectly accented by digital effects to create this lush soundscapes that instantly conjure up audio memories of old school Cunninlynguists, like a southern take on Nujabes. It has this bluesy jazzy feel with an orchestral width that makes it sound so otherworldly and yet so intimate at the same time. However, after a few repeated listens it's to come to appreciate just how deceptively nice the emcee's style actually is. He's perfectly suited for the album. He never "overraps" or tries to overwhelm the tracks, which would be a real bummer on this because the production deserves the spotlight. He just seems like such a down to earth, chilled out, yet intelligent guy. And it comes across in his raps, which consists of meticulously well delivered and paced verses with a great knack for both social and personal awareness.

Strong 7

Damn this sounds tailor made for me. Def gonna check it out.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep -
• Favorite Artist -
• Best feature killer -
• Favourite producer -
• Favourite album -
• What's in your playlist right now? -

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums:
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member?
• Jay Z or Nas?
• Biggie or Pac?
• What’s your dream album/project?
• Who is the next big rapper/producer?
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee?
• Have you been known to eat ass?
• Whats your favorite peg?

do you guys have any questions you wanna add to this list?
ill take one from anyone willing to contribute.

Fjordson

TRACKLISTING

1.Mushroom Cloud
2.Pangaea
3.Apex
4.Cold World ft. BJ The Chicago Kid
5.Lost Boy
6.Overhead
7.Permanent
8.You Know
9.Gatekeepers
10.Cleaning House
11.This Man, This Woman ft. Caroline Smith
12.Heal ft. P.O.S.
13.Rebirth ft. Lydia Liza

The first thing that's going to immediately stand is the production on this joint. The live instrumentation is perfectly accented by digital effects to create this lush soundscapes that instantly conjure up audio memories of old school Cunninlynguists, like a southern take on Nujabes. It has this bluesy jazzy feel with an orchestral width that makes it sound so otherworldly and yet so intimate at the same time. However, after a few repeated listens it's to come to appreciate just how deceptively nice the emcee's style actually is. He's perfectly suited for the album. He never "overraps" or tries to overwhelm the tracks, which would be a real bummer on this because the production deserves the spotlight. He just seems like such a down to earth, chilled out, yet intelligent guy. And it comes across in his raps, which consists of meticulously well delivered and paced verses with a great knack for both social and personal awareness.

Strong 7
This is pretty great.

Tokubetsu

I didn't watch the performance and probably never will but I'm gonna say the same thing I would say if it was Kanye in a bedazzled hood. "Y'all just do get theatrics man"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The performance captured the energy of the song pretty well. Why can't Kendrick perform m.A.A.d. City that well?

The dance is still the fucking stupidest thing though. Slow motion waltz looking thing.

Vorheez

"Rate onions and avocados" or "Onions. Yay or nay?"

or something like that.
Yeah I second this, something to do with food. I judge people mostly from their diet and if someone liked spinach and listened to Ye, they aren't cool, but if they fucked with pizza and Ye we would get along ya know? I know y'all feel me with this

Vorheez

Pizza can be too, all about portion control. If you eat a shitload of spinach it would probably mess you up, how healthy is it then Esch?

"It can't be bad for my heart if I'm in love with it."

CRS

Spinach is delicious. Mixed with my salad, in my omelette, sautéed alongside some onions, use it in my juicer, list goes on. Classic veggie.

CRS

I still prefer lettuce though even though spinach is more versatile.

Lettuce (protein) burgers was my favorite. Especially when it's super crisp iceberg lettuce.

Esch

Banned
Pizza can be too, all about portion control. If you eat a shitload of spinach it would probably mess you up, how healthy is it then Esch?

"It can't be bad for my heart if I'm in love with it."

i'm just saying don't front on some spinach. That said most people suck at making veggies in the states tho so you can't blame people for not liking them.

Spinach is delicious. Mixed with my salad, in my omelette, sautéed alongside some onions, use it in my juicer, list goes on. Classic veggie.

my man. every couple of weeks i make some suan bo cai as a side for whatever main protein i got served up, shit is great.

P1010004_1.jpg

Vorheez

Ok you guys, obviously the intended humour and sarcasm in my post is being misconstrued, or it just wasn't funny... but I don't care about spinach. I've never even had it. I just took the general consensus on spinach versus pizza and took a gamble but apparently you're all some straight up spinach connoisseurs.

So now that we are on the topic, what's some good veggie dishes? I fuck with broccoli big time, but I just eat it raw with some ranch dip and that's about as exciting as my veggie eating gets

CRS

Nice, never knew what is was called but I would always make that alongside some salmon. :ahh:

A little olive oil, garlic, white onions, and a lot of spinach. I would sprinkle some sort of nuts (typically peanuts or cashews) at the end for some texture.

I bookmarked that page, thanks.

My favorite veggie dish is probably baked stuffed bell-peppers. You can go all veggie with some form of grain like couscous (preferred) or a rice or you can also add some meat as well.

Esch

Banned
Ok you guys, obviously the intended humour and sarcasm in my post is being misconstrued, or it just wasn't funny... but I don't care about spinach. I've never even had it. I just took the general consensus on spinach versus pizza and took a gamble but apparently you're all some straight up spinach connoisseurs.

So now that we are on the topic, what's some good veggie dishes? I fuck with broccoli big time, but I just eat it raw with some ranch dip and that's about as exciting as my veggie eating gets
It's not that serious lol. I like spinach and pizza, nothing wrong with either. I come from a family that grows and has some serious love for veggies is all. I think the best thing you can do is learn to stir fry. You can dress up your veggies with any sauce, cook them to your liking, add meat of course. Also i think a low-time high reward route is learning to roast some veggies in the oven, you can also spice and sauce and oil those up however you want.

a good general guide

I also prefer spinach over lettuce.

Cooked spinach > cooked lettuce

Raw spinach < raw lettuce

Esch

Banned
high quality of the performance

oh wait were back to food gaf

does spinach go well with ketchup?
Kind of a split feeling from me here. On one hand the song sucks ass, no question about that. But he did put in a decent effort here, almost too much. Like, this song struck me as kind of a laid back casual jam and he's going all.... Andre 3k Hopsin weirdo hardcore. I realize that at his core he's not as charismatic (or even interesting as a person) and commanding a performer as some of his predecessors and contemporaries.. I guess everyone deals with it in their own way.

overcast

I feel you Esch. Maybe he's changing his performance in this era? I mean, there's nothing wrong with that. Could be that's what he's feeling, unhinged performance type stuff.

Still one song, so who knows.

Hmm so that's the album version of the song I'm guessing with the outro and different chorus and everything. Really dug the performance even though the dance still makes me EL O EL.

EDIT

DAMN at Cole Dropping.

Esch

Banned
Maybe he's over compensating with weirdo shit like 3k, Kanye and janelle monae do. Like the basketcase from The Breakfast Club who eats sugar cornflake sandwiches and uses scary makeup but inside she's just a normal girl that probably still reads Judy Blume and hasn't lost her virginity yet. I always wondered if KRIT would take this performance/persona route tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom