• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
#enzorule

Dude, the song is pure 100% cringe. I don't give a fack about the concept but the opening shit / hook with that melanin deficient fella...

I love the way you put it on your eyes
The roses on your face light up the sky
Those lips are colorful all of the time
And girl, that's fine, but I wanna know do you mind
No make-up today, no make-up today
No make-up today, no make-up to...
That's fine, but I wanna know do you mind

iJ2oVLuKXWYzm.gif

...ight I don't remember it being like this.

#enzorule

Dude, the song is pure 100% cringe. I don't give a fack about the concept but the opening shit / hook with that melanin deficient fella...

I love the way you put it on your eyes
The roses on your face light up the sky
Those lips are colorful all of the time
And girl, that's fine, but I wanna know do you mind
No make-up today, no make-up today
No make-up today, no make-up to...
That's fine, but I wanna know do you mind

iJ2oVLuKXWYzm.gif

You don't understand! Kendrick is sensitive! and understand the Women's Struggles...

The song is Garbage

Esch

Banned
I'm listening to No Makeup now, and I forgot that at the end he silently says:

Ladies and gentlemen
And you ain't gotta get drunk to have fun
You ain't gotta get drunk to have fun

yhcj75G.png
lots of great advice from Kendrick Lamar. Love yourself brehs.

No Makeup is trash. I agree about too much makeup ruining chicks but come on, just say that shit as a line (ie like Drake did on Best I Ever Had), don't make an entire song about it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I have Overly Dedicated in my iTunes library. So that definitely means I have at least 10-15 songs worse than i/Real. Maybe PD is on to something when it comes to i just being relatively good.

love yourselves and embrace that positivity y'all

big ander

I'm listening to No Makeup now, and I forgot that at the end he silently says:

Ladies and gentlemen
And you ain't gotta get drunk to have fun

yhcj75G.png
lots of great advice from Kendrick Lamar. Love yourself brehs.

yeah, this part. The few times I've listened to the song I just think "this is terrible" up until this part, which is where I gotta throw my hands up and walk away

I think I have Overly Dedicated in my iTunes library. So that definitely means I have at least 10-15 songs worse than i/Real. Maybe PD is on to something when it comes to i just being relatively good.

10-15 off OD? nah enzo nah

That feel when Nicki's new single is better than i

shit that makes your soul burn slow

Enzo.. when you say that you like a Nicki Minaj song featuring Skylar Grey.. sadly I believe you because it's you. Anybody else except for Peterboi said that and I'd think they're trolling.

No Makeup is.. pretty bad. Especially with that dude on the hook.

Real is a good song, it does sound really corny but I feel it plays the narrative of the album well and also is on the same plane as 'i'. Same shit he was rapping on Real is pretty much what 'i' is about.

Edit: I really gotta remember to go to the next page before responding to shit.

Enzo.. you've gone full trash.

You should never go full trash.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo.. when you say that you like a Nicki Minaj song featuring Skylar Grey.. sadly I believe you because it's you. Anybody else except for Peterboi said that and I'd think they're trolling.

No Makeup is.. pretty bad. Especially with that dude on the hook.

Real is a good song, it does sound really corny but I feel it plays the narrative of the album well and also is on the same plane as 'i'. Same shit he was rapping on Real is pretty much what 'i' is about.

Edit: I really gotta remember to go to the next page before responding to shit.

Enzo.. you've gone full trash.

You should never go full trash.
4jQ1M.png

OD does have some meh songs. I wasn't really feeling it when it first came out, especially in light of how heavy the major rap blogs were pushing it. Sometimes it feels like Kendrick (and Cole) have a dart board with various subjects on it (self confidence, spending too much money, doubting religion, being claustrophobic, having a small dick, eating unhealthy foods, etc), and if a dart hits it they'll rap about that shit no matter what. It's a good way to avoid "he's not rapping about anything" criticisms but sometimes feels rather weak.

Chicks love No Makeup tho. I guess we're not the target demographic because that shit is cringe worthy to me...

"What up? My New Album is finished. It's called 2014 Forest Hills Drive and it's very special to me. It's available everywhere on 12/9. This time I'm releasing no singles, just the album. See you in 3 weeks. Thank you for the love and support."

Surprised the label let him get away with that.

Camp Lo

Banned
"What up? My New Album is finished. It's called 2014 Forest Hills Drive and it's very special to me. It's available everywhere on 12/9. This time I'm releasing no singles, just the album. See you in 3 weeks. Thank you for the love and support."

Surprised the label let him get away with that.

Why not? Who's actually going to buy that shit when it'll be on spotify seconds after release?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We're talking about a guy who released his last album against one of the most anticipated albums in the past few years by one of the biggest artists in the world, and came out not only unscathed, but went Gold in an era where 300k is a ceiling for all but a handful in the genre.

He has a incredibly well developed fanbase and will do really well. This isn't even a controversial thing, Cole has been making a ton of smart moves and this is another power move.

Cheddahz

Banned
Why not? Who's actually going to buy that shit when it'll be on spotify seconds after release?

A lot of people could had been making bank this winter, but with everyone delaying their shit, people will eat up the new Cole album (and as said before, he did defeat Yeezus last summer)

overcast

does anyone else find it funny that people are giving cole dap just for putting out music

lol @ 2014
Well it's been a small time year from the "big players". I've enjoyed some great albums, but it's just a smart move from a dude his stature.

It could definitely be a stinker.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Cole used to have so much hype, even on gafhop. I remember seeing him open for Ludacris in 2010 and people at the concert where more hype for cole than luda (college concert, bunch of young shits).

Warm Up and Friday Night Lights were both really solid tapes. When he played blow up at the concert people went nuts.
He's just safe. He's got that pretty boy baby face that girls seem to love and his lyrics don't give parents heart attacks when they hear their 15 year old daughter listening to it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, he's safe, but not even in the fun way that Mecklemore is. I enjoy listening to the Heist, but everything Cole has done is background music at best.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the cover has a nice photo, but it's giving me all kinds of middle class backpacker rap vibes.

I mean, even if that's what it is, that's sort of setting up familiar expectations.

That new Beyond the Lights movie contains a scene of
Machine Gun Kelly getting punched in the face

A+, two thumbs up, 5/5 stars, would watch again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom