• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Forest Hill Drive (Trailer)

U8s9vUY.jpg

dropping 12/9

Not sure what to feel about this after the trailer. Literally. Trying to understand the concept. What do you guys think?

overcast

Not sure what to feel about this after the trailer. Literally. Trying to understand the concept. What do you guys think?
Uhh. It kinda looks like a similar concept to most of Cole's raps. Personal life stories, self reflection. Hopefully it sounds good. His content has gotten pretty stale, but I'm okay with that kind of stuff he's talking about. I've just been kind of bored by him for a while.

HiResDes

This is the southern banger I've been clamoring for featuring a hungry emcee that exudes the confidence and brashness that I've come whenever someone is rapping over such trill backing music as the stuff on this tape. The tape is pretty varied, featuring some dark sounding trappish tracks as well as some really classic horns blaring pimp shit. Scotty has never definitely changed his style a bit more, twisting and contorting his southern drawl to fit the attitude of tracks better. I hate to say, but this is everything I wanted from the new KRIT., It's perfect riding music.

Strong 8

Uhh. It kinda looks like a similar concept to most of Cole's raps. Personal life stories, self reflection. Hopefully it sounds good. His content has gotten pretty stale, but I'm okay with that kind of stuff he's talking about. I've just been kind of bored by him for a while.

Definitely agree. Seems like he's a bit artistically dry lately. That miguel joint was real good though last year.

Although i'll still bump the warm up from time to time.

IrishNinja

be a jigga stan but don't ride for black album brehs

does anyone else find it funny that people are giving cole dap just for putting out music

lol @ 2014

he's doing him and frankly brah he's light years ahead of all these other cats who didn't release music in 2014 you know? like, he deed it

That new Beyond the Lights movie contains a scene of
Machine Gun Kelly getting punched in the face

A+, two thumbs up, 5/5 stars, would watch again

kinda wanna watch now

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If this album is some hot shit and not hot shit that puts me into a coma then I'll put up a cole avy for 6 months.
Never got the appeal, tbh. He's good, but the definition of forgettable. And then he got on some Paula Adbul stuff and I just tuned out completely.

PBY

Banned
Finally just watched the K Dot SNL performance.

What the fuck fam. Don't care what you say PD, this is a huge L. Wtf is he doing.

Finally just watched the K Dot SNL performance.

What the fuck fam. Don't care what you say PD, this is a huge L. Wtf is he doing.

Taylor Swift/Ariana Grande is in your top 5.

I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OF YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT RAP AND OR HIP HOP, fam.

performance was great, foh

HiResDes

Also pretty much every tape on the Bandcamp verses is gonna be fire. And I have enough material to keep this up weeks. Psyched on hip hop right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We need the fans to pressure Kanye into a Cole feature again. If Cole came like that on every song, whew.

I agree with HRD though; whenever he puts out something there are multiple keepers. Any Given Sundays alone had a ton of gems: Disgusting, Bring Em In, Neverland, Heavy, his Be and Knock On Wood freestyles (Knock On Wood prob top 5 Cole song for me), and I'm probably forgetting some others.

Courage

I for one am glad that GAF white knights have been deployed all over the world to face the threats of females feeling awkward. Truly paragons of social awareness.

Courage

I agree PD but we're a few years behind before eating ass becomes commonplace. It'll be the next big hot topic social issue after gay marriage and marijuana legalization are settled.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally listened to So It Goes.

Anyone else feel the first half is very strong where as the second half kind of drags? Feel like a lot of the songs overstay their welcome and even the rapping kind of dips into parody territory.

Shit is sublime when they're on but I feel the production is trying to rap harder than the MCs most of the time. My first Ratking album BTW.

Ohnonono

Kevin Gates put up Luca Brasi 2 for pre-order on itunes. Not sure if this is a mixtape release or one you gotta pony up for. I'm down though.

HiResDes

Anyone else feel the first half is very strong where as the second half kind of drags? Feel like a lot of the songs overstay their welcome and even the rapping kind of dips into parody territory.

Shit is sublime when they're on but I feel the production is trying to rap harder than the MCs most of the time. My first Ratking album BTW.

Don't understand your complaints about the "parody" rapping whatsoever...

I didn't even bother to listen to his last album the whole way through

There's such a drought of new major releases though that I'll actually listen to this one lol

Cheddahz

Banned

It's their only album by the way and I have no idea what you mean when you mean their rapping becomes a "parody"

It's not a normal hip hop album. It's mainly two dudes (one who can rap his ass off while the other one is just there) rapping over some beats that are unusually for people to rap over. Personally, the whole album is amazing and I love the sound they bring to the table

Cudder

I finished True Detective last night. Thought it was really solid. Great performances by the leads, even though the deep philosophical, meaning-of-life monologues by Rust could sometimes be pretty grating.

Started watching Homeland last night, watched the first 2 episodes. Seems great so far.

I finished True Detective last night. Thought it was really solid. Great performances by the leads, even though the deep philosophical, meaning-of-life monologues by Rust could sometimes be pretty grating.

Started watching Homeland last night, watched the first 2 episodes. Seems great so far.

Homelands first season was great.

2nd season was.. good

3rd season ayyyyy lmao

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don't understand your complaints about the "parody" rapping whatsoever...
Parody might not be the right word. Like the first verses in Eat and Protein sound like someone's first raps or something. Like, there are some straight raps on there and then you get to the next song and there's a verse on some yes yes y'all shit that takes you out of it. Super basic and cheesy almost.

HiResDes

Parody might not be the right word. Like the first verses in Eat and Protein sound like someone's first raps or something. Like, there are some straight raps on there and then you get to the next song and there's a verse on some yes yes y'all shit that takes you out of it. Super basic and cheesy almost.

Oh some of the adlibs are homage to classic NY artists.

S1 of Homeland is great television. Falls off in S2, but S3 is a rebound. S4 has been good so far but I'm behind a few episodes.

HiResDes

TRACKLISTING
1. Intro (2:52)
2. Whatcha Know (2:54)
3. YNN (3:50)
4. Came Down (4:20)
5. Erryday Stuntin' (Feat. Eddie Vanz) (4:16)
6. The Shit (3:22)
7. Drugs (4:46)
8. LMGLML (Feat. Goldlink) (4:14)
9.Do Better (Feat. Devin Goode) (2:51)
10.Primavera (Feat. Eddie Vanz) (3:44)
11. GFV (Feat. Devin Goode) (3:26)
12. The Vent (5:17)
13. Before I Die (3:28)

It's becoming a bit tough too separate all of the modern rappers who seem to have a knack for excelling at fast past uptempo rap and are equally talented at crooning here and there whenever they feel the need. I think it'd be a bit easy to write them all of as Drake or Chance clones, rather than complimenting their obviously immense talent. Chaz French has a bravado of an industry vetaran. Happy Belated starts rather sincere and somewhat solemn. However, with each and every passing track Chaz seems to believe in his own hype more and more and it comes through in his delivery, which seems to starts off normal and seems to transform into a punkish OG Maco snarl. You start the tape thinking this guy could be an OVO signee and finish thinking he should be rapping along side Wiki. The end is like a sober drug comedown and showcases his great range.

Strong 8

studyguy

Brehs, I saw interstellar this weekend.
So good. Was drunk as fuck when I started watching it, towards the middle it's just like
D3lON.gif

Also checked out twitter after Cole dropped that info, shit was nothing but jokes. I'll listen to his shit though, I got nothing against him.

HiResDes

I'm reupping this tape Biz suggested because it's fucking fire and people are sleeping on this shit waiting for mediocre major releases.

It's a brilliant modernized take on boom bap. Was gonna make it part of the bandcamp verses, but it was already posted once before

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'm reupping this tape Biz suggested because it's fucking fire and people are sleeping on this shit waiting for mediocre major releases.

It's a brilliant modernized take on boom bap. Was gonna make it part of the bandcamp verses, but it was already posted once before

yooooo...

its really good so far (only 5 songs in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom