• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Off topic, but I don't want to start a thread. Any of you guys have really good go to resume templates?

Talking applying to a restaurant type shit.

I'm reupping this tape Biz suggested because it's fucking fire and people are sleeping on this shit waiting for mediocre major releases.

It's a brilliant modernized take on boom bap. Was gonna make it part of the bandcamp verses, but it was already posted once before

Sounds good. I'll check it out

Off topic, but I don't want to start a thread. Any of you guys have really good go to resume templates?

Talking applying to a restaurant type shit.

this one's great for both print and web: https://sumry.in/

and a good 2-column starting template: https://app.box.com/s/91d3tmsx011qorpkqnqf

EDIT: the insta-GOAT still putting in work

vX80lyN.png

IrishNinja

that yeeezy confidence generator has some choice quotes

I'm reupping this tape Biz suggested because it's fucking fire and people are sleeping on this shit waiting for mediocre major releases.

It's a brilliant modernized take on boom bap. Was gonna make it part of the bandcamp verses, but it was already posted once before

hitting this both up today, thanks fellas

i don't get it

he might gotta look up that vitamin water & make sure it doesnt do what jamba juice does

PlayDat

This is the southern banger I've been clamoring for featuring a hungry emcee that exudes the confidence and brashness that I've come whenever someone is rapping over such trill backing music as the stuff on this tape. The tape is pretty varied, featuring some dark sounding trappish tracks as well as some really classic horns blaring pimp shit. Scotty has never definitely changed his style a bit more, twisting and contorting his southern drawl to fit the attitude of tracks better. I hate to say, but this is everything I wanted from the new KRIT., It's perfect riding music.

Strong 8
MqNwWvu.png
I've read this part several times and I'm still not sure what you mean here. Regardless it got the cosign so I'm downloading this and Chaz.

Finally listened to So It Goes.

Anyone else feel the first half is very strong where as the second half kind of drags? Feel like a lot of the songs overstay their welcome and even the rapping kind of dips into parody territory.

Shit is sublime when they're on but I feel the production is trying to rap harder than the MCs most of the time. My first Ratking album BTW.

It took me a while to really appreciate the rapping on So it Goes. Honestly, I only understand about 75% of what's being said, but the parts that are decipherable helped push it up among the year's best for me. Lyrically both Wiki and Hak are much more ambitious than most rappers. The latter lacks some charisma but together I still find them very entertaining Throughout the album's running time they say a lot about NYC (residents, law enforcment, landscape and more) in a way that's pretty impressive on a technical level. Even on Protein which is about as close to swag rap as they ever get manages to be pretty vivid.

Keep listening if you're someone who values lyrics at all or just like production that sounds different from most of what's out there.

HiResDes

Playdat I just meant he changed up his style a bit since his last tape, sorry about the typos been on mobile alot lately since my monitor bit the dust.

Camp Lo

Banned
Will the new OT sit in OT for a while before being transferred to community or will it go straight to community? Always wondered that about these threads

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Will the new OT sit in OT for a while before being transferred to community or will it go straight to community? Always wondered that about these threads
You're actually not allowed to post them to OT, as they're supposed to go directly to Community, but people like being mischievous.

IrishNinja

true thugs always post up in OT& let jake handle that

You're actually not allowed to post them to OT, as they're supposed to go directly to Community, but people like being mischievous.

see, you can always follow the rules if you're shook like enzo here

Put that shit in OT.
The first page is great that way

my man knows what's up, this is our only chance at gambino fans/rap cars etc

Camp Lo

Banned
true thugs always post up in OT& let jake handle that

see, you can always follow the rules if you're shook like enzo here

my man knows what's up, this is our only chance at gambino fans/rap cars etc

That's what I wanna see. Keep that shit in OT for like a week I say.

hope his debut goes decent (relative to his expectations)
it's not his fault he didn't turn out to actually be Nas lol

it's crazy how people on The Coli stopped giving a shit about him once it was "clear" (lol I know) he wasn't Nas. He's dope (with dope production) and deserves props on his own.

Omzz

looking forward to cole talking about how he bought his first crib no mortgage, college degree, and that he's finally done paying sallie mae

btw i checked out vibes and i liked it on the first listen. it started to click for me after that kanye west track. will give it more spins

Listening to all the Ghostface Killah tracks and remembering how much I enjoyed Chamber Music...I wish the Revelations would produce a Wu-Tang Album and then do a round of albums (ideally, for Method Man, Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck, and Raekwon)

But that's Wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom