• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyFog

cdd996d2dc07c596a34c0cbe5ecdb676.jpg

Is this album well-known in the States?

I had literally never heard about it until today, and god damn this shit is good.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Are you serious, gonna have to do a relisten because I didn't even think it was as good as the last two.
Man something about it is genuinely charming and fun. I just enjoy the shit out of those tracks either as a tape or in pieces.

IrishNinja

okay as one of the true OG's™ of this group, i had to chime in on the earlier shit @ podcasts

no disrespect to my man esh but real thugs© such as myself can't be seen on half-steppin efforts like that...sure, the dusty volumes had topics, but if he did one today, would he cover what's really poppin in these streets?

• What's Donald Glover's twitter like right now?
  • Big Sean's junk: let's talk about this shit
  • Avacodoes: wack or nah?
  • is Q3 2014 the year Papoose bout to blow up?
  • MBDTF or a light load of dingleberry ass-eatin?
etc etc. as one of the realest OG's these are the questions i'd ask

MBDTF is the best

That's all.

you h'what
Nfu25L0.gif

808s & Heartbreak is not only the best Kanye West album released to date, it is also a monumental moment in pop culture history for the 00s.

i'll say this: years back shinobi-kun said conway laid the foundation for drizzy/etc with the influence 808's had, and looking back it's hard to argue

"I listen to staik in the bathtub...masturbating" *action bronson kicks in*
this is a milestone in marketing

cdd996d2dc07c596a34c0cbe5ecdb676.jpg

Is this album well-known in the States?

I had literally never heard about it until today, and god damn this shit is good.

nope, link some tracks

yWatZFi.gif

god dammit KTT

welp

808s is GOAT Kanye
Cruel summer was a really fun album. Good music dominated that summer
Just saw boyhood - time capsule the bluray because this movie will be seen by aliens and future civilizations as the human experience

Mah dawg mason rocking the DBZ bed sheets and posters

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cruel Summer shits on many albums released in the past few years consistency-wise. Pretty much set new standards of quality for clique albums.

We can only pray Yeezus is merciful enough to bless the misguided in this thread with another opportunity to see the light.

Cheddahz

Banned
Clique, Mercy, Don't Like and Cold are far from forgettable. Whether you like them or not.

Honestly, they should had just released those four songs as singles under the name "GOOD Music" or something and it would had been sweet

Every other song is forgettable

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sin City is not forgettable. That song is pure eargasm, minus Malik Yusuf.

Goosebumps everytime. Wash these demons away.

IrishNinja

Clique, Mercy, Don't Like and Cold are far from forgettable. Whether you like them or not.

nah, forgettable was a fair call
you think people remember disposable bangers down the road? how many cats you know still buy Now That's What I Call Music?

eatin, bless

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mercy, Don't Like, and Cold are not disposable bangers either. Most albums don't have one.

Y'all been listening to too much Gucci.

RE: GAF Hop podcast

I would be down to listen to you guys do shorter material, maybe even 1 on 1 features. Like member interviews almost. Lot of you dudes are super interesting and there's a ton of room to integrate stories from your lives with the music that has influenced you or are currently listening to. Would be cool at least to me.

IrishNinja

that Give it to the G's shit is perfect for when people wanna hear that classic west coast sound, really diggin this - thanks guys

Mercy, Don't Like, and Cold are not disposable bangers either. Most albums don't have one.

Y'all been listening to too much Gucci.

heads already forgot about Don't Like & Keef in general, Mercy is one of yeezy's disposable seasonal bangers with disposable artists in a genre known for short memory/shelf-life

accept the passage of time or edit wiki pages brehs

Esch

Banned
You know when a new upper mid level Thai place opens in your area and it gets really high ratings on Yelp and your girl wants to go you know its overpriced garbage but you say hey I'll take that L. So you go and you order pineapple massaman duck curry thinkin you're gonna eat good and you get a 24$ plate of deconstructed garbage instead. You realize that all those 5 star ratings came from a bunch of suburbanites (
mysmilie_2679-gif-png.284
)who frequent Pei Wei and order Pad Thai and Pad Thai only. So you pay 90 dollars or whatever for the two of you and enjoy the cocktails but sadly the best thing there was the familiar yet slightly upgraded larb gai appetizer. You leave with a full stomach, but empty on the inside. She loved it though and says we should go again. Smile on the outside, cry on the inside.

Cruel Summer is like that, but music.

DominoKid

nah, forgettable was a fair call
you think people remember disposable bangers down the road? how many cats you know still buy Now That's What I Call Music?

somebody is considering they got 2 of the top 10 selling albums of 2014

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/...-albums-in-2014-so-far-and-why-its-depressing

01. Frozen soundtrack
02. Beyoncé – Beyoncé
03. Eric Church – The Outsiders
04. Lorde – Pure Heroine
05. Coldplay – Ghost Stories
06. Various Artists – Now 49
07. Luke Bryan – Crash My Party
08. Katy Perry – Prism
09. Various Artists – Now 50
10. Pharrell – G I R L

Status
Not open for further replies.