• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
RE: GAF Hop podcast

I would be down to listen to you guys do shorter material, maybe even 1 on 1 features. Like member interviews almost. Lot of you dudes are super interesting and there's a ton of room to integrate stories from your lives with the music that has influenced you or are currently listening to. Would be cool at least to me.
Yeah, we do spotlights on members every week in the fighting game thread and I think it would work for GAF-Hop too, perhaps with a more serious and elaborate version of the initiation.

IrishNinja

somebody is considering they got 2 of the top 10 selling albums of 2014

haha i guess that should've been rhetorical but i don't doubt that amongst the deviant population still buying CD's that series still ranks high, but i remember working a music shop in the late 90's when the series was relatively new & still some kind've metric of physical music success...by the time i moved on from that place they were already seeing a decline in sales, and that's like the greatest hits of greatest hits of what's on the radio right now.

crotchety old men were talmbout how music now sucks & that's why fewer are buying, but the writing was on the wall. RIAA got like a good decade and a half or so out of @$20 discs (the techno "import" section would have even Fatboy Slim at $30, that shit took balls).

You know when a new upper mid level Thai place opens in your area and it gets really high ratings on Yelp and your girl wants to go you know its overpriced garbage but you say hey I'll take that L. So you go and you order pineapple massaman duck curry thinkin you're gonna eat good and you get a 24$ plate of deconstructed garbage instead. You realize that all those 5 star ratings came from a bunch of suburbanites (
mysmilie_2679-gif-png.284
)who frequent Pei Wei and order Pad Thai and Pad Thai only. So you pay 90 dollars or whatever for the two of you and enjoy the cocktails but sadly the best thing there was the familiar yet slightly upgraded larb gai appetizer. You leave with a full stomach, but empty on the inside. She loved it though and says we should go again. Smile on the outside, cry on the inside.

Cruel Summer is like that, but music.

Lol, it's like dating that white girl that wants to go to an "authentic mexican" restaurant, and so you take her to an overpriced sit-down place all the while knowing the best place is the taco joint down the street with a grade B in the window.

Esch

Banned
Lol, it's like dating that white girl that wants to go to an "authentic mexican" restaurant, and so you take her to an overpriced sit-down place all the while knowing the best place is the taco joint down the street with a grade B in the window.
Its the worst man. And the servers that are ethnic give you the most subtle of
mjlol.png
because they know exactly why you're taking that L.

overcast

Not saying Cruel Summer is even that good, cause I'm not a fan of the second half and I don't care for the first track too much, but I still think people love those songs I mentioned. Don't think it's intended to be anything more than what it is. Much better effort than most posse/label albums, and definitely better than MMG.

I would be down for that one on one thing mixed with maybe a few group podcasts, I bet we can make it interesting brehs. Just gotta schedule it.

relistened to The Minstrel Show yesterday. I still dig it, but I can see why some people think 9th's production gets too repetitive. Phonte still funny as fuck though

Also caught me off guard hearing Chris Hardwick on it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Why does all the best take out food come from the B rating spots? But yeah we all been there, the worse shit is when she'll mispronounce something but have a smug look on her face cause she ordered it in Spanish. On the flip that's no where near as bad as having a girl mispronounce her order in English.... I went out with a girl last year and she said she wanted to drink gew-a-vo juice
snoop.png

Esch

Banned
Why does all the best take out food come from the B rating spots? But yeah we all been there, the worse shit is when she'll mispronounce something but have a smug look on her face cause she ordered it in Spanish. On the flip that's no where near as bad as having a girl mispronounce her order in English.... I went out with a girl last year and she said she wanted to drink gew-a-vo juice
snoop.png
Because the average American doesn't want that shit. They want an Americanized version of things, usually compensate for bland shitty food with no spices with lots of salt or butter. That's why garbage like Olive Garden is popular.

Esch

Banned
Yea plus people are shook if a place has a little bit of that 3rd world sanitation going on. Just embrace the dirt, brehs.

Because the average American doesn't want that shit. They want an Americanized version of things, usually compensate for bland shitty food with no spices with lots of salt or butter. That's why garbage like Olive Garden is popular.

Olive Garden is popular because it's the Kanye West of food. Is it original or authentic? No. But they give you a taste of everything in its most polished form, yet with a #minimalist touch.

The Bread Sticks are at least Late Registration quality breh, come on.

Tokubetsu

Olive Garden is popular because it's the Kanye West of food. Is it original or authentic? No. But they give you a taste of everything in its most polished form, yet with a #minimalist touch.

iSjRQ3vMQcvGN.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
i left town for a few weeks and when i came back like two weeks ago, our olive garden was closed down (mainly because it was a red lobster as well)

anyways, it was a good day
but honestly, i used to take my ex there whenever they had a 2 for 20 deal, cause it wasn't too much money and she was happy with it, but eh, it sucked

edit: i've been bumping "banco" a lot in the past two days and honestly, the best thing about it is that it doesn't sound like the cool kids. most of the time when members of a group make a solo album, it sounds just like something their group would make and sir michael rocks decided to release a album full of bangers (and most of them sound amazing)

i recommend the album

WLWYeWh.jpg

DominoKid

they just put an olive garden here so folks wouldn't have to drive like 35 mins to the nearest one.

folks around here talk about it like it's a big catch for this city and i'm like
RGt54.png

overcast

So I'm taking a huge W for never having Olive Garden then ? Don't really fuck with coffee at all I have enough energy as it is.

My song of the night
I would say so, lol.
lmao @ "minimalist touch" and LR bread sticks.

The ability for these threads to veer back into food and Kanye is amazing.
Straight offensive in this case man.

My song of the night is First Things First by Blu. Definitely a song for the ladies, but I always loved the hell out of it for some reason. Not really particularly groundbreaking.

Esch

Banned
Coffee is ok. I don't like our country's culture of cramming yourself full of shitty coffee to get through a workday/week. A nice cup mid day on a Saturday with a book? Sure. A cup of crack cocaine middle eastern on a Saturday with some dinner
? Sure. South east asian with condensed milk? Sure.

I'm a tea guy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom