• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yup, very well done. It also really explains why I'm not super excited for Madvillainy 2. The spontaneous nature of the first album is always hard to capture on a sequel project from a "super group." Madlib and DOOM have been together in the studio a few times for M2 but overall it's been an email process. Right now DOOM has beats, is laying down vocals, etc. I don't expect it'll be nearly as good.

That being said a couple of the leaked tracks have been very dope.

HiResDes

Man Snuggles Mix is too real, great work. Also been stumbling so much dope shit lately like wow the underground swag circuit is popping.

Snuggles you'll like this mix in particular:

Gxldslvgs - Solidarity

Oh and this one too:

Purpdogg - Electrolytes Mix

And some dark shit.

Esch

Banned
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/why-do-new-orleans-nigggas-look-like-that.241071/

jwNgrbw5fbQPx.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll be listening to all that shit as soon as I can. Thanks, Des. ✌️

Love that dark trill vibe. 😈

Cheddahz

Banned
for real, who the fuck gives a shit about the op that much? you cats maybe look at it twice and you never look at it again

edit: honestly though, what the hell is the underground swag circuit?

Decent coffee/espresso is a great dessert pairing or chill evening beverage. I'll open drinking sessions with coffee, too. Cleans your palette super well. We drink bad tea and good coffee at casa de Pickles

IsTysJ3.jpg

HiResDes

I can't stop bumping Banco. It's like tailor made for me. You guys just hear an album and feel like it speaks specifically to your whole entire steelo. Banco is that album for me. Top five AOTY and I don't expect anyone else to feel it even half as much. And that almost makes it feel more special.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Decent coffee/espresso is a great dessert pairing or chill evening beverage. I'll open drinking sessions with coffee, too. Cleans your palette super well. We drink bad tea and good coffee at casa de Pickles

IsTysJ3jpg
thats some impressive bean collection. Also that Trex looks dope.

I can't stop bumping Banco. It's like tailor made for me. You guys just hear an album and feel like it speaks specifically to your whole entire steelo. Banco is that album for me. Top five AOTY and I don't expect anyone else to feel it even half as much. And that almost makes it feel more special.
who?

overcast

I actually just listened to it like 2 days ago. Was going to post after a few more days.

Shit has some infectious hooks with great beats and fun verses. Loving it a few days in. Lost Boys, Memo and Francois are my favorites so far. I have liked past Rocks projects, but this is probably his best.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Young Gutted is nice, I'll add that to my queue. Bookmarking this whole page for when I'm prepared to let the darkness into my heart. 💜

posted it a couple weeks ago, glad you enjoy it. which songs you like the most? also I swear the beat on lost boys sounds like it should be in Borderlands haha

HiResDes

Blessings for thee and the one they call Snuggles:
Word Yung gutted is dat dude, gonna check
posted it a couple weeks ago, glad you enjoy it. which songs you like the most? also I swear the beat on lost boys sounds like it should be in Borderlands haha
Drug Dealer, Francois, Some Ish, killswitch, Bussin, Memo, Lost Boys

What makes Banco special is Sir Michael's self security and his willingness to incorporate references to counter culture and somewhat geeky things in his verses all while making it sound so natural and cool. He has the best hooks and can bust out Doom like non sequitur lines in the middle of his club ready bangers. You can tell he doesn't take himself too seriously and is able to sometimes reflect on pop culture and modern rap tropes in such a subtle way that it never sounds too conscious.

DominoKid

30 secs into Banco and we got a Bleach reference already
jZzzXxScUxKWY_e.jpg

i don't remember him being this hard on the nerdy stuff in the Cool Kids. i know his twitter feed cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom